Sign in to follow this  
mikeledray

Ok im ready to try to upload a video Now What do I do?

Ok im ready to try to upload a video Now What do I do?

I went to Filezilla and just got confused and could not find the correct download i think or something and stuff

is SS going to make it easy like they do for photos?

thanks guys

mike

once you go ftp you never go back..heh.

it's not hard, just download an FTP program (i use SmartFTP)

then connect using Address "ftp.shutterstock.com"

and your login and password are the same as SS

once you go ftp you never go back..heh.

it's not hard, just download an FTP program (i use SmartFTP)

then connect using Address "ftp.shutterstock.com"

and your login and password are the same as SS

that sounds way to complicated to me

infact i have NO idea what any of that means

cant ss just make the upload page like they do for photos

please

Guest=me.. i believe if ss made video upload available on the site it would slow things down too much..

if you would like to try to ftp this is where i downloaded smart ftp http://dw.com.com/redir?pid=10509476&merid=63094&mfgid=63094&ltype=dl_dlnow&lop=link&edId=3&siteId=4&oId=3040-2160_4-10509476&ontId=2160_4&destUrl=http://www.download.com%2F3001-2160_4-10509476.html

(oh that is if you use windows)

if you install in the program after downloading and can't figure it out, just ask for help.

mikeledray,

Many times I have been where you are now and it can be very frustrating. If you're still having trouble downloading Filezilla, let me know and I'll walk you through it.

Filezilla is one member of a software genre known as "FTP clients" many of which are freeware. Such software exists for the purpose of transferring data via File Transfer Protocol. This is a much faster process than HTTP which is often used to transfer still images and is probably what you are familiar with. Video files are so huge that HTTP isn't practical. As long as you have a basic understanding of things like files and subdirectories, FTP clients are pretty simple to use. I can walk you step by step if you're still having trouble.

Jubal Harshaw