FT sells ODDs/ELs for 1$!

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find more worrying for the future is if this idea does become successful at the expense of other relatively fairer agencies then how long will it be before they are all forced to adopt the same strategy. Then it would be only a matter of time before we would be lucky to get even our share of a dollar per image.

There will never be enough demand for everyone to abandon microstock completely and turn to RM for a living.

I have been in RM, house collection since 93. You should know! you do not build up an extensive RM port over a night. Its a long-winded and expensive venture. Whats accepted in micro normally dont even get a second glance in RM, well almost anyway. All conceptual stuff.

Yes! thats the worrying thing. Take the search as an example, started a couple of years back with IS gearing their search towards all their exclusives, what SS is doing now with their search isnt much better.

I am 100% sure that in two years time, all agencies will have followed, maybe not in the same way but have found some alternative ways to just bleed it dry.

So we all run to Svetlans and drink Vodka! nastrovia!

Did anybody see an increase in sales/decrease in revenue due to this dollar thing? I didn't. My sales are are small but steady - unlike here, where is constantly deteriorating.

At least FT is treating all contributors equally ;)

Among all the dirty things that the big agencies are rushing in, like in a contest, SS forgery of the search results makes me suffer most.

All I can say- my sales has decreased by 30% in revenue- less on demand, none of enhanced.

Did anybody see an increase in sales/decrease in revenue due to this dollar thing? I didn't. My sales are are small but steady - unlike here, where is constantly deteriorating.

At least FT is treating all contributors equally ;)

Among all the dirty things that the big agencies are rushing in, like in a contest, SS forgery of the search results makes me suffer most.

All I can say- my sales has decreased by 30% in revenue- less on demand, none of enhanced.

I don't even know if I ever had a EL there :)

Yesterday and two days ago I sold two vectors via credits, $6 each. Why didn't they just download them via dollar club and pay less?

adigrosu, maybe they don't know about DPC yet. But they will know. As for ELs, I wouldn't worry about getting them on FT as much as here on SS. Or on any stock site, really. DPC is a threat to the whole "on demand" concept.

Upd. FT's founder said that a contributor does not want his/her portfolio to be on DPC, he/she needs to notify the Support Team. He's obviously trying to avoid notifying all FT contributors about the DPC (as the petition demands) and stop people from deleting their images from FT.

adigrosu, maybe they don't know about DPC yet. But they will know. As for ELs, I wouldn't worry about getting them on FT as much as here on SS. Or on any stock site, really. DPC is a threat to the whole "on demand" concept.

Upd. FT's founder said that a contributor does not want his/her portfolio to be on DPC, he/she needs to notify the Support Team. He's obviously trying to avoid notifying all FT contributors about the DPC (as the petition demands) and stop people from deleting their images from FT.

Wow this is breaking news! When did that happened?

DPC expanding to 13 additional markets

http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/dollar-photo-club-expanding-to-13-additional-markets-256503201.html

"NEW YORK, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- DPC will expand its disruptive "$1, always" flat-rate offering to 13 additional countries. Launched in the US market in mid-January

Flat rate of $1 an image, always

Aimed at ad agencies, publishers and designers

DPC cuts through every complex and expensive pricing model with one super simple offer – $1 per image. Always $1. Always high-resolution."

Wow this is breaking news! When did that happened?

A few hours ago. Later he gave some comments to an online article in which the situation was described.

I wish I could convey his attitude. He has no respect for contributors whatsoever.

Yea, by now Chalcev (director FT) DEMAND by creator of anti-FT petition site write this words about removing from DPC by support request. His say it not fair not write his way to out immideatly.

THREE MONTHS his not say a word to contributors about DPC at all and only dayaago it was no way to out, only remove entire FT portfolio.

And his still dont want write about this opportunity by self on MUCH more popular site - FT.com by self )))

But on "boycottFT.org" we must writ his word immidiatly. Great, i think ))

sorry my english.

Okay, just for stat.

I have on FT around 4000 photos.

And if it have any opportunity to hit revenue on other sites i will delete all port without regret, FT is on 3rd place in my revenues. But with "20% increase on ft means 20% less on all other sites, that is unacceptable.

Owner of FT keep silence for about 3 month. after we ask ft about situation they say, if you want just delete and goodbye. But now they try to trying to convince us that we must be happy of extra 20% from FT revenue and don't care about 20% loss on all other sites.

BTW their license has no any time restriction as some other sites have nor print run limit. So just buy and use all life, this is nonsense.

And Cheltcov think that it alright with "symbolic" revenue for artists, he think we don't need money just a symbolic tokens.

Hope i am describe situation clearly, so all should think want they work for $1 or you are artist who appreciates his work.

Regards)

semmickphoto, of course DPC won't noticeably affect our sales at SS right now. But it makes a precedent. If this experiment of FT is successful, it will be very painful for us microstock artists in a long term. Other agencies will be forced to lower their prices to compete with DPC and other similar stocks successfully.
Just answering the questions of the OP.
Just received the confirmation from FT - my port will be opted out from DPC.
Cool, I heard they offered an opt out.

No, they just promised to think of it. But it seems that they will leave all as it is - removing portfolio via support. If they make an opt out switch everybody will get to know about DPC and they aren't interested in this.