Sign in to follow this  
Tom Roche

Rejections seem to be getting more common.

Yup, the process of review is very random nowdays. With my camera Nikon D810 I get nearly whole batch taken with ISO 100-200 rejected for noise, soft focus, poor lightning. All these rejections for every image in nearly whole batch. With my 8 years experience in stock images and high quality camera, with tripod to avoid shakes I know big part of these rejections are nonsene. It is a shame. Shutterstock used to be a paragon of reviewing. But now??

I have over 600 images posted, 9200 sales, a great acceptance record until now. Have not posted for about a year, just submitted 5 images, all rejected. And these are good images taken with a Sony A7r.

SS is NOT obligated to buy any picture, but they are obligated to be honest about why an image is rejected--like we have too many images of Yosemite right now. Please try again in 3 months.

It is like a monkey is pushing the rejection key and then clapping his hands together.

Rejected image attached--if the upload works.

as for IS today, ... i wouldn't know. i don't submit to anyone else for a long time since i started with SS

IS for the last 18 months or so have accepted absolutely anything no matter how technically or artistically awful provided you model release each single celled bacterium in the image.