Sign in to follow this  
Kristene4040

Model Release for a Minor

Hi there, just a quick question: I took some photos of my 15 year old daughter this summer and I'd like to submit them, however I'm not sure how to go about this (model release). I'm not very computer savvy, so if anyone would give me a quick & easy explanation I'd greatly appreciate it! Also, can my husband sign as a witness?

Thanks so much!

Hi there, just a quick question: I took some photos of my 15 year old daughter this summer and I'd like to submit them, however I'm not sure how to go about this (model release). I'm not very computer savvy, so if anyone would give me a quick & easy explanation I'd greatly appreciate it! Also, can my husband sign as a witness?

Thanks so much!

If you go here you can get the Shutterstock minor model release. Fill in your daughter's name on the first line (I will also put in the parent or guardian in that line as well specifying their relationship to the model) and your name as the photographer on the second line. Have your husband fill in his name as the father section. He or anyone else (except you or the model) can sign as the witness who actually witnesses the signatures and not the photo shoot.

Then simply fill in the photographer and model sections with a brief description of the shoot such as portraits, sports action shots or whatever they are.

Scan or photograph the release and save it so you can attach it to the image.

Any other questions please ask.

Quick question on same topic - on the form I have there is only a requirement for one parent or guardian. Surely the photographer can also sign as parent and thus only need a witness?

Quick question on same topic - on the form I have there is only a requirement for one parent or guardian. Surely the photographer can also sign as parent and thus only need a witness?

Yes you can sign as a parent and be the photographer but you cannot be the photographer and the witness.