size

Guest Anonymous

I have a 5 minute AVI video thats 1gb+ in size...so 1 minute would be about 200mb WOW!

Yes, as of right now, we are expecting submissions to be this large. Don't hesitate! Upload away!

This is why we're not using HTTP uploads. Imagine what could happen...

--Adam S. Kirschner

Programmer / Tech Support

ShutterStock, Inc.

Remember, you can only submit to a maximum of one minute so your max size would be 200mb roughly with an .avi, try submitting in mpeg, that would put the 60 sec clip to about 40 to 60 mb.

Try googling for avi to mpeg converter, there is a free one out there and it is good.

I uploaded three yesterday at 30mb each and it only took 25 minutes. Not bad.

Hope that helps;

Kevin

Guest Anonymous

when one of my clips transfering reached 1gb i got

"An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

426 Transfer aborted. Operation not permitted"

yeah.. i'll start using compression heh.

when one of my clips transfering reached 1gb i got

"An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

426 Transfer aborted. Operation not permitted"

yeah.. i'll start using compression heh.

That would be because they do have a 1gb limit. Whenever your single upload reaches that point it will be terminated and deleted.

I read that somewhere over the course of the weekend, however, if you turn that into an mpeg it should go down to about 200-250mb.

Kevin:

Two questions:

Where did you get the free avi to mpg converter? If you or anybody else could include a link here, I'd very much appreciate that. I've looked and looked (googled) and found a bunch of them, but they all want money. Even the venerable TMPGEnc is no longer free if you want the full mpeg-2 functions, which would be crucial to many of our needs here.

Also, I have not been very sucessful at figuring out about replying to various posts in this type of forum. I see nice grey boxes appearing inside replies with copied text indicating what is being replied to. I sure would like to know how to do that. There occurs a point at which practicality must supercede embarassment. Could someone get me pointed in the right direction on any of this stuff?

Jubal Harshaw

Where did you get the free avi to mpg converter? If you or anybody else could include a link here, I'd very much appreciate that. I've looked and looked (googled) and found a bunch of them, but they all want money.

If you go to my site http://www.3brew.com/movies/movies.html and click on the resources page you will find the Avi to Mpeg info. This one is Free and I use it.

Also, I have not been very sucessful at figuring out about replying to various posts in this type of forum. I see nice grey boxes appearing inside replies with copied text indicating what is being replied to. I sure would like to know how to do that. There occurs a point at which practicality must supercede embarassment. Could someone get me pointed in the right direction on any of this stuff?

Just hit the "quote button in the reply, highlite what you are responding to, copy and paste it into your reply, then hit the quote button again to close that quote.

Hope this helps;

Kevin