Sign in to follow this  
Vilmos Varga

Footage Questions

Are animations created in After Effects or Flash accepted?

Yes... the title says it all ;o) I'd love to have more guidelines on the ideal quality you are looking for and the minimum quality and encodings you will accept :o)

Thie would greatly help us :o) Especially now !

Excellent initiative to sell footage !! I have no experience there but if it sells... why noty ;)

Man, I have been tossing around the idea for months now with friends about selling footage online. I guess I was to slow to market. hehe. O' well at least I can sell my footage here. yippee!

Hi, no Flash or animations. Sorry.

How about 3d rendered cartoons?

How about 3d rendered cartoons?

Nope. Just footage.

What about time lapse?

(ie frames encoded from a series of photographs)

How will the referral program be organized?

I saw the list of accepted formats; is there a PREFERRED format?

I think this is gonna bring in a new breed of SS submitters, as I don't think there are too many of us here that shoot creative video...maybe I'm wrong

To True...

Video is another Kettle of fish and totally different gear...

Lets see .. 30fps * 60 secs = 1800 frames. It has taken me two months to get 20 frames(images) on line... Maybe I better leave video alone for now :(.

Do we still need to get releases for any people etc that will be in the videos?

Thanks George

I upload the Winamp media file, created by Windows Movie Maker and after upload I receive the message:

Warning: You recently uploaded a file of type wmv to the submit FTP site. Only JPEG, TIFF, and EPS images with extensions of .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, and .eps; and video files with extensions of .avi, .mov, .dv, and .mpg are allowed.
How can I convert wmv file to an acceptable format?

Thank you,

Vladimir

In the announcement in the top forum it says wmv is allowed. It sounds like you submitted with the "Submit photos" link. If you did try again with the "Submit footage" link and see if it works. :)

Well I have a Fab Quality Camcorder gathering dust somwhere with lots of footage of New York, India, and world hops which I am sure I could use but have not a clue as to what to do with it... what do you save the clips as ??

I upload the Winamp media file, created by Windows Movie Maker and after upload I receive the message:
Warning: You recently uploaded a file of type wmv to the submit FTP site. Only JPEG, TIFF, and EPS images with extensions of .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .tiff, and .eps; and video files with extensions of .avi, .mov, .dv, and .mpg are allowed.
How can I convert wmv file to an acceptable format?

Thank you,

Vladimir

That footage would probably be too low in quality for anyone to use. Video production is my full-time business. I have both sold and bought stock footage. You think the RF photography sites are crowded!! While I both applaud and look forward to working with SS on providing stock footage.......Please look around the web to see what is available to get an idea. SS must be very careful in the quality and subject matter re: stock footage. I would hate for it to launch and be DOA. SS needs to visit NAB in April to get an idea of what the market might be. I am getting ready to buy High-Def equipment. That is where the video market is going......while expanding in the web areas as well - can you say podcasting??

Upload via http: available?

No we can't take submissions via HTTP. Only HTTP. These video files are much bigger than an ordinary picture and would cause major problems if you were to upload them through HTTP.

Check out the FTP tutorial if you do not know how to use it. It is very simple:

http://submit.shutterstock.com/ftp_tutorial.mhtml

--Adam S. Kirschner

Programmer / Tech Support

ShutterStock, Inc.