Sign in to follow this  
mj007

What do you think.

What do you think about this idea. On a different stock photo site i am also on they allow you to pay a small fee and they key word and subject list your photos for you. I use this service from this other stock photo site and pay 60 cents per image to them. I find it very helpfully on time management for me.They also do a good job on keywording. Maybe if enough folks like this service we can get Shutter Stock to start something like this also. It will save you tons of time and also make SS a little money in the process. If you think this is something SS should look into please respond to this..thanks ...Scott

Keywording for me does not take that much time especially if you use the keywording programs that are out there now and are free.

Also it may not be a large sum of money for a few images but if you are submitting 100 images at .60 cents an image that comes to $60.00. Even if you do not do 100 images at a time but say you do it over a month that is as much as many people make here in a month. To me it is not cost effective or a big time saver.

Keywording for me does not take that much time especially if you use the keywording programs that are out there now and are free.

Also it may not be a large sum of money for a few images but if you are submitting 100 images at .60 cents an image that comes to $60.00. Even if you do not do 100 images at a time but say you do it over a month that is as much as many people make here in a month. To me it is not cost effective or a big time saver.

Chaching a big fat +1

BTW which program is easiest for keywordin images? I hate adobe bridge... I looking for something with only box to fill it with keywords and save.

I use the File Information part of Photoshop. One of the easiest ways to do it is to use something like this

http://dusegard.se/PhotoKeywording.aspx

I then edit those words to make sure they fit your image and then copy and paste them into the keyword section in the file info section in Photoshop. File>File Info.

From here you can also add titles and descriptions that will stay with the image so you can upload them to different sites without having to add the information again.

Hello mj007,

Shutterstock actually released a Keyword Suggestions Tool in April so, upload some images and test it out when you are in the Content Editor. Underneath each image in the Content Editor there is a link called "Suggest Keywords." Click on it and follow the instructions.

See this Shutterbuzz article for more information: http://www.shutterstock.com/buzz/our-new-keyword-suggestions-tool-is-here

I hope this is helpful.

Sincerely,

Shutterstock Support Team

Director, Contributor Success

Shutterstock | Bigstock