#1 Candia Baxter

Candia Baxter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationNew York State

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

HI,
I have a very small port, but 5 or 6 of the pictures sell everyday. I have not had a sale in 6 days and am wondering if there is something wrong with the search engine. I was just paid in the first of May, and that was the end of sales. Who do I contact to ask about this?

#2 Semmick Photo

Semmick Photo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,928 posts
  • Locationhttp://semmickphoto.com

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Candia, 58 images is not enough, it took me about 3-4 months before I got rid of 0 sales days and by then I had about 200 images in my portfolio.

It could well be that your images have stopped selling as hundreds of thousands of images are added every month.

I dont think contacting SS about this is going to solve your problem. Sales go up, sales go down, and with 58 images its tough to keep daily sales.

My advice is to add more good images, and your sales will come back.

#3 Lilychina

Lilychina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,339 posts
  • Location^_^

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

This month bad sale anywhere .....

http://submit.shutte...ic.php?t=130170

#4 hirurg77

hirurg77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 3,900 posts
  • LocationLazarevac

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:41 AM

HI,
I have a very small port, but 5 or 6 of the pictures sell everyday. I have not had a sale in 6 days and am wondering if there is something wrong with the search engine. I was just paid in the first of May, and that was the end of sales. Who do I contact to ask about this?

Don't you worry ... I have a 5200 in the gallery and sell 12-13 per day...

#5 Semmick Photo

Semmick Photo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

HI,

Don't you worry ... I have a 5200 in the gallery and sell 12-13 per day...

How is that possible with your portfolio?? You should be on 50-100 sales per day.

I sell 15-25 per day, and I have crapstock on offer.

#6 robhainer

robhainer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,738 posts
  • LocationKennesaw, GA, USA

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:52 AM

36 sales so far today, and it's not noon yet. Should be 60+ today. 1,300 images in port. Much better than yesterday where I got 44 for the whole day, which is slightly low.

(had to edit to correct numbers)

#7 rinderart

rinderart

Veteran Photographer and Instructor Laurin Rinder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49,477 posts
  • LocationHollywood, California

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

it's never been about how many. Big Ports are fine and i've said many times I have friends here with 500 Images that make easily $2000 a month.It's always been about the work and CV. If ya got CV and Numbers you win. we all have 5/10 or more that sell all the time. Imagine if you had 500 that sell everyday. SWEET!!!

#8 rinderart

rinderart

Veteran Photographer and Instructor Laurin Rinder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49,477 posts
  • LocationHollywood, California

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

36 sales so far today, and it's not noon yet. Should be 60+ today. 1,300 images in port. Much better than yesterday where I got 44 for the whole day, which is slightly low.

Your superman Pics are spectacular.

#9 Semmick Photo

Semmick Photo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,928 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

it's never been about how many. Big Ports are fine and i've said many times I have friends here with 500 Images that make easily $2000 a month.It's always been about the work and CV. If ya got CV and Numbers you win. we all have 5/10 or more that sell all the time. Imagine if you had 500 that sell everyday. SWEET!!!

Did you see hirurg77's port? And then tell me if 10 sales a day is normal.

#10 valestock

valestock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:09 AM

Hirug, with the size and quality of your port you should sell 50 to 100 images a day!!

#11 Lilychina

Lilychina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,339 posts
  • Location^_^

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

Hi,what is CV ? :P

#12 cyborgwitch

cyborgwitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Hirurg77's port is commercial enough to generate much more sales, imho.

#13 robhainer

robhainer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,738 posts
  • LocationKennesaw, GA, USA

Your superman Pics are spectacular.

Thanks, Laurin. Those have been selling gangbusters on most of my sites. I need to come up with more ideas like that.

That's the hardest part. Coming up with selling concepts.

#14 Semmick Photo

Semmick Photo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 9,928 posts

@ Lily, Commercial Value

#15 Lilychina

Lilychina

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2,339 posts
  • Location^_^

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

@ Lily, Commercial Value

Oh,thanks .That is right CV very importent . ^_^ Some images use often in some where ,some very less to see them .

#16 jhuls

jhuls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

yes I had a look and something seems weird, his images seem to have CV to me. 12-15 a day seems really low.

#17 stevemart

stevemart

Advanced Apeirophobic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationPays Low

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

All goes to show what a weird and unpredictable bizz this is and that 'luck' also has something to do with it.

Last month my dl's with a measly port of 170 (average) in April totalled 322. So that's 10+/day including Saturday and Sunday when I average perhaps 5/day. Total dl's have been building up with 270 in Jan and 280's and 290's in the preceding months.

PS. Ron......Crapstock you don't believe that either ;)

#18 jhuls

jhuls

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

yes I had a look and something seems weird, his images seem to have CV to me. 12-15 a day seems really low.

Of course he may just be pulling our legs.

#19 chris56

chris56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,914 posts
  • LocationStockholm, London

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

Yesterday I almost had a BDE at two of my other sites. I wonder if thats got anything to do with whats NOT happening here at the moment?

#20 anphotos

anphotos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

Maybe they are tooooo CV. I can see they are not covering enough lifestyles in model shots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users