Sign in to follow this  

Review Times

Man, I hope you guys have other sites that you belong to so you can continue to upload on them. If not, it's time to diversify!

Of course, we can ship to other sites. But on all the sites to be declared the real terms of consideration, support should respond to the letter, and do not ignore the time spent by the authors to create works and waiting for nothing.

I understand everyone's frustrations but, at some point, you have to let it go and find other ways to promote your work. SS used to be my prime site, but now I spread my stuff around. It remains to be seen if sales will follow, but it beats getting an ulcer over something you can't control.

I know. Activity on my other sites is pretty dismal, too, but at least my shots are "in play" on those sites and not sitting in some long line waiting for approval, or being subject to unpredictable reviews that reduce my acceptance rate here.

While I await approval of 87 editorial shots on SS (and who knows how many of them may be approved) I submitted the same number to another site, had 86 approved and they are now for sale. Because of a more consistent review process, my portfolio on this other site is now larger after three weeks of uploading than what I've been able to achieve on SS after 20 months. At least that keeps my spirits up and makes me want to spent the time and effort to submit more to that site. Time will tell whether sales will follow.

I know. Activity on my other sites is pretty dismal, too, but at least my shots are "in play" on those sites and not sitting in some long line waiting for approval, or being subject to unpredictable reviews that reduce my acceptance rate here.

While I await approval of 87 editorial shots on SS (and who knows how many of them may be approved) I submitted the same number to another site, had 86 approved and they are now for sale. Because of a more consistent review process, my portfolio on this other site is now larger after three weeks of uploading than what I've been able to achieve on SS after 20 months. At least that keeps my spirits up and makes me want to spent the time and effort to submit more to that site. Time will tell whether sales will follow.

I understand your point. I submit about 4 other sites rather than Shutterstock. However, the earning from 4 other sites adding all together didn't reach half of shutterstock earning. Anyway, it's better than nothing :)

ps. my pictures are in pending since 22 March

thank you for informing us.

Although I have already submit my credentials for my photos much ahead of time (one in october last year, and one in February this year) and I've been submitting photos with no problems. But the last 5 batches I sent since 27/03/13 onwards, they have not been approved yet. I have written the review team a couple times, but I have not heard back from them yet.

Please help.

:-(

I also have 3 batches which have been waiting for review for 3 weeks now. I've been contributing and selling well for 4 1/2 years now on SS, and this is the longest I have ever had to wait for a review. My sales also seem to be going down due to no exposure with fresh images, even though most of my sales are from older images. I have sent an email to support but not had a reply yet.

PLEASE can you let us all know what is happening, an update would be good, not great being kept in the dark for so long!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have 3 batches which have been waiting for review for 3 weeks now. I've been contributing and selling well for 4 1/2 years now on SS, and this is the longest I have ever had to wait for a review. My sales also seem to be going down due to no exposure with fresh images, even though most of my sales are from older images. I have sent an email to support but not had a reply yet.

PLEASE can you let us all know what is happening, an update would be good, not great being kept in the dark for so long!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first post in this thread is their latest explanation for the delays. It was posted 5 days ago.

Hello all,

We sincerely apologize for any extended review times. Review times can vary: our regular queues currently range from 2-8 days, but our vector queues are running high right now at 8-10 days. This is primarily due to recent increases in overall submission volume. Images are reviewed on a first-in, first-out basis depending on the content type (for example, illustrations vs. editorial images). We expect turnaround times to be getting back to normal soon.

Occasionally, a single batch of images can take a longer amount of time because the images were selected for a more thorough review. This often happens when there is a more complex determination that needs to be made, or there was a problem with the batch such as insufficient credentials and releases.

We are taking a number of steps to improve turnaround time, including:

* We have added additional trained reviewers to each queue.

* We are asking that contributors submit credentials prior to an event for editorial images.

* We are reminding contributors to accurately differentiate between photos and illustrations.

* Lastly, we have clarified some policies around illustration reviews.

Each of these efforts will make queues go faster. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you feel that a specific batch is taking an extraordinary and unreasonable amount of time to review, please feel free to reach out to us at submit@shutterstock.com.

Note: Please do not submit multiple tickets on the same issue if it can be avoided; this may actually increase response times as multiple tickets need to be processed.

Sincerely,

Shutterstock Support Team

Director, Contributor Success

Review times can vary: our regular queues currently range from 2-8 days, but our vector queues are running high right now at 8-10 days.

Does 36 days sound like "regular" review time or is that the mysterious "more thorough review".

Images are reviewed on a first-in, first-out basis

No, it isn't. There are thousands of images that are online already and were uploaded within 4-5 days and many here are waiting 3, 4 or 5 weeks for review.

Review times can vary: our regular queues currently range from 2-8 days, but our vector queues are running high right now at 8-10 days.

Does 36 days sound like "regular" review time or is that the mysterious "more thorough review".

Images are reviewed on a first-in, first-out basis

No, it isn't. There are thousands of images that are online already and were uploaded within 4-5 days and many here are waiting 3, 4 or 5 weeks for review.

I didn't say that what I posted was my take on things. I simply posted what SS has said because the one poster asked for them to explain things. So I posted what Anthony said. Doesn't mean that I agree with it or do not have any questions myself.

Photos of today checked, it took exactly 36 days. I have a record?

It's a tie :) 36 days as well. Just to prove my point all were approved on the same day (images uploaded on 12th March and yesterday got approved simultaneously).

How many extra uploaded material does it take to extend the review times threefold, fourfold or even fivefold? Does that mean that there are also four times more submitted images? :S I'm confused.

I think to get rid of the queues, they just hit approve all. Deal with issues later.

Nope, it was a pretty fair review, but not all of them got in.

Photos of today checked, it took exactly 36 days. I have a record?

It's a tie :) 36 days as well. Just to prove my point all were approved on the same day (images uploaded on 12th March and yesterday got approved simultaneously).

Did you have a good percentage of acceptance? As always?