Sign in to follow this  
freelanceartist

Approval Times

I posted once before on this topic...just wondering if everyone is experiencing excessive wait times for approvals? Are the days long gone where 2 or 3 days was common for approvals? When you are waiting 7 to 14 days it makes it very hard to build your portfolio quickly throughout the year. I'm a long time member and really wish approvals came through quicker like back in the day.

I'm pretty new here so only just getting to grips with stuff like this, but so far I've found that my longest has been about 7 or 8 days.

I've been submitting more batches every few days and when the longest waiting batch gets reviewed the newest ones do too, so some of the batches are only a day or so old before being reviewed, alongside the older ones.

Might be worth sending in another batch to see if it helps it along at all.

This theory of mine might not come to anything but both times when I've had a build up of images this has been what's happened.

This has been talked about in the forums for about a year now. Review times used to be in the two day area now it is usually around 5-7 days and sometimes longer.

Shutterstock did send out information many months ago saying that some reviews could take up to ten days. What is causing the longer review times is not known and has not been revealed to us.

When it comes to newer batches being reviewed at the same time as the older ones that has been the standard for a long time. It appears that your batches go into a que and when one of the batches is opened for review all of the batches there will be reviewed. So, a batch that is 7 days old can be reviewed with one that is 1 day old.

First time I have experienced such a lengthy period too for approvals. My oldest image waiting for approval was uploaded on Feb 26, and heads a batch of images added since then. Today makes it 10 days.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else has hit the 10 day mark, although it is mentioned by SS as the upper limit for images waiting, I have never exceeded 6-7 days before now.

This is definitely a first for me.

My images waiting from 24 february and they are still not reviewed...

So, 12 days and counting. That is interesting.

I wonder if this is in anyway connected to 'new contributors' applying/uploading images from the dark side and thereby taking an inordinate amount of our reviewer's time/capacity.

Shutterstock did send out information many months ago saying that some reviews could take up to ten days. What is causing the longer review times is not known and has not been revealed to us.

You know, we'd all be much happier I think if SS would just communicate. So much anxiety and speculation when just a cheap mass emailing would placate most of us. What's going on? Why?

Is information a trade secret? Would they lose a competitive advantage if their contributors were clued in?

Is this a lack of respect for the people who have helped them achieve success?

So many questions, so few answers.

You know, we'd all be much happier I think if SS would just communicate. So much anxiety and speculation when just a cheap mass emailing would placate most of us. What's going on? Why?

Is information a trade secret? Would they lose a competitive advantage if their contributors were clued in?

Is this a lack of respect for the people who have helped them achieve success?

So many questions, so few answers.

I agree with you. Communication with SS is very hit and miss as is with support. I had an issue with DT two days ago and after sending in my question to them within two hours I received my answer and not in the form of an automatic response.

I love SS dearly but if I made the decisions those would be the first things I would change.

This is from last year.

http://submit.shutterstock.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119413&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

"Thank you for contacting Shutterstock support regarding your uploaded images.

Image uploads are reviewed Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm Eastern

Standard Time. It is typical for image reviews to take 3 business days to be

reviewed. However, during times of increased submissions traffic, the

reviewing process time may take up to 10 days. We appreciate your patience

while we process your image and/or footage submissions."

I have images waiting since 02/25.

I had a partial review early this week with images reviewed from 02/27 and 03/04. 12 editorial images also submitted on 03/04 were not reviewed.

Go figure…

Bunch of my raster and vector images were just approved today, they have been pending for 13 days. Some people said their images been in the queue for 3 weeks. Review times went beyond normal:/

thanks for everyone's input. Glad to hear (but not glad to hear also) that I'm not the only one experiencing these wait times. This isn't a "sometimes images get approved quickly and sometimes not" scenario ...I can't remember the last time a batch was approved in 3 days..long wait times seem to be the norm. I would say average is 7+ days. All I can say is I hope this improves.

Hello,

I'm an old user, and my editorial images (soccer)was accepted previously in 6-12 hours. On 3th March i've uploaded a new soccer batch, and it's still pending. Anyone has similar experience?

Laszlo

(Sorry for my bad English.)

129 pending. Mostly editorial from March 2.

Just a word from SS would be reassuring.

Me too from February 21 about 70 photos pending ( including ice hockey editorials)

Some friends having normal pending time, others very fast....I don't known....meantime I sending other images this evening...

I've tried to contact support on friday, but they don't answer my email. Very interesting.

A lot of editorial images are still pending since 4th March.