Sign in to follow this  
Christian Lagerek

Recover lost files on Mac?------ Solved!

Hi!

Does anybody here know anything about this? recovering software for Mac?

Its called. Stellar-Phoenix-Recovey lost files. Mac?

Happend to empty the trash too quickly and somehow I deleted some 120 files, photos.

I have run this software for 5 hours now and its still scanning lost data.

Is it supposed to take this long?

thanks!

I cannot guarantee this will work.

If your Mac is shut down abruptly i.e. pull the socket out the back - not recommended as it puts a stress on your HD (but I have done it occasionally when the bast***d just locks up) when you power on again your get recovery files in your trash bin/ These are files that were there (in the trash bin) before the power down.

You might want to try it.

Before you do have you goggled the question on the mac forums? they can be quite useful. And Chris, remember, you're not the first person to do this...

I cannot guarantee this will work.

If your Mac is shut down abruptly i.e. pull the socket out the back - not recommended as it puts a stress on your HD (but I have done it occasionally when the bast***d just locks up) when you power on again your get recovery files in your trash bin/ These are files that were there (in the trash bin) before the power down.

You might want to try it.

Before you do have you goggled the question on the mac forums? they can be quite useful. And Chris, remember, you're not the first person to do this...

Hi! yeah I know. I did the trick with pulling the plug but it didnt help. So Im running this Mac-software which have brilliant write-ups. Trouble is, its taking ages! 6 hours now and Im just wondering if Ive done something wrong here?

Your right Im going to the mac-forum to ask, never thought about that.

As you say, somebody there should know.

cheers.

You dont have time machine?. best thing on the planet.

I do! but would you believe the stupidity! it was OFF.

Could kick myself.

Cogents advice with the mac-forum might be an answer though.

bloody rubbish these computers, never had these problems in the old film-days, did we.

best.

"If your Mac is shut down abruptly i.e. pull the socket out the back - not recommended as it puts a stress on your HD (but I have done it occasionally when the bast***d just locks up)"

I love my iMac, but I've had to do the same thing a few times, what's up with that! :/

I hate that colorful little turning circle!

Hi!

Does anybody here know anything about this? recovering software for Mac?

Its called. Stellar-Phoenix-Recovey lost files. Mac?

Happend to empty the trash too quickly and somehow I deleted some 120 files, photos.

I have run this software for 5 hours now and its still scanning lost data.

Is it supposed to take this long?

thanks!

Use this: http://www.92recover.com/nice-to-recover-photo-for-mac

Click the Music and Video buttons on the right to deselect them and only search for photos, select the drive in question and make sure only scan deleted files is checked, then start the process by clicking next.

When the scan is finished (you can stop the process at any time btw by cancelling out) go into the drive tree on the left and look for your lost files (jpg folder)

What happens next should be pretty obvious, select the files in the right window and then recover them to a folder on another drive.

More info here: http://www.92recover.com/how-to-recover-lost-photos-with-nice-to-recover-photo-for-mac.html

As long as the drive is not defragmented and you haven't done much work (writing to disk) after the loss you should be able to recover your work pretty quickly.

Wim

Thanks wim! very helpful indeed. I will get the program.

cheers. Chris.

You dont have time machine?. best thing on the planet.

Yeah, in most cases it's called a Back Up. rimshot.gif

Chris, if you didn't do anything else on the drive, no new files, everything is still there. All you did was remove the files from the TOC, they aren't gone, just "unlisted" so to speak.

No it shouldn't take that long. Simple undelete software will recover them. Maybe it's one of those Mac "features". ;-)

You should be fine! "The software looks through your entire drive to seek out pieces of information you have permanently deleted or removed from the system. You can safely restore the deleted files to a user-specified location with their original names and key properties absolutely intact."

On 1/31/2013 at 6:46 AM, Christian Lagerek said:

Hi! yeah I know. I did the trick with pulling the plug but it didnt help. So Im running this Mac-software which have brilliant write-ups. Trouble is, its taking ages! 6 hours now and Im just wondering if Ive done something wrong here?

Your right Im going to the mac-forum to ask, never thought about that.

As you say, somebody there should know.

cheers.

The recycle bin is empty and the time machine is shut down. It is a disaster. I think you really have nothing to do, except don't overwrite your files, then get a useful data recovery tool to recover lost files on your Mac.

Don't know if your getting the 'beachball' a lot. Might be if you have an older Mac. One trick I used was save to Time Machine, then do a recovery when asked say Recover from Time Machine and when asked Format Disk say yes. This helped a lot of my problems with the Beachball