Sign in to follow this  
cardmaverick

Copyright and Furniture

I'm sure many of you are aware of the Le Corbusier VS "Big G" lawsuit over designer furniture.

I'm curious, what's the stance a Shutterstock these days? This appears to only be an issue in France, but Shutterstock has buyers there.

I'm looking to do a shoot with some modern design furniture.... thus the curious inquiry.

It's an old topic, but I'm also interested in how Shutterstock is looking on photos of designer furniture.

I have and started to submit photos of design furniture ( they were inspired on originals in fact, but you can't see the difference on photo). They are all accepted but now, I've started to think if I'm not breaking a law by showing and selling this kind of photos.
On the other hand, we can now buy chair like the ones I have, even in Tesco, there is many of them on stocks and I see this photos quite usable for clients.

Have any one know a thing about this problem?

wow a chair Portfolio. I have now seen it all. LOL good Job. I shoot VERY expensive furniture for a company here in BEV HILLS. It is My Oldest client Over 35 Years. they are Insanely protective of their copyrights. They do One of a Kind stuff like $50K chairs. I don't know what to tell Ya and asking SS? Hmmmm don't think so. If mass produced I would say OK. Otherwise...Don't think I would. remember SS just has some guidelines. If something goes wrong there coming after you. Not them.