I received a 'no bitmaps rejection, and I can't find the problem. I saved the image as an EPS-10. I'm using Illustrator CS5.

I tried the suggestions recommended in 'Bitmapping 101 Troubleshooting EPS Files in Illustrator', but nothing turned up. I also ran Arid Ocean's ExtendedSelect script, but it didn't find any raster art in the image. I zoomed in and scoured the image for pixelated edges and didn't find any.

I've been tearing the hair out of my head trying to find the problem, and I'm beginning to wonder if the reviewer made a mistake. Has anyone ever received a 'no bitmaps' rejection that turned out to be a mistake? I usually do raster illustrations, so it's very possible I'm overlooking something. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

So you cant see any objects in the Links tab in Illustrator (Illustrator - Window - Links)? The Links tab should show rasterized objects, or in the Layers tab such object would be named "".

It happened to me when I used radial gradient where one or more colors had reduced opacity.

But if you are sure there are no bitmaps in your illustration, I would re-submit it and leave a note for the reviewer saying you checked the file for bitmaps according the Shutterbuzz instructions.

I just had the same thing to me happen just last week, and I couldn't find the the bitmap with the select plugin, so I resubmitted and it was rejected for the same reason again. Then I found the offending bitmap through the links window. Man, needless to say I felt awfully ashamed, having to submit the thing three times before it got accepted.

That illustrates the blind spot we sometimes have for our own artwork. I have never gotten a file rejected for 'bitmaps' wrongly.

Have you perhaps used the transparency mask option? It will create bitmaps, you know.

Hi boys and girls, this happened with me too! I've got "no bitmaps" in simple illustration - mesh and plain colors, eps8. No transparencies, shadows, gradients or whatever, just mesh and clear white objects! Surely I haven't any link...I use AI CS and I never had any raster in illustrations. Also this file was accepted on DT with additional EPS... Had anybody rasterizing of mesh?

Mjak, surely the mesh saved in a eps8 is the problem. Save it as an eps10 and you'll be just fine.

OMG!! Just now I see that all my former mesh pics are EPS10. I saved now to 10 version this bad file and - size is just a little less (1,98 eps8 vs 1,77 eps10). If raster was - it had to make much bigger difference, a? In any case thank you very much, I'll resubmit. Also I'm surprised that DT, FT and BS approved this file, exactly eps8.

Hi guys, I have the same problem. I had a rejection for bitmap but I'm sure that the vector is ok...I can't understand if it's a reviewer error or a kind way to tell me "we aren't interested in it"...I don't know if I have to resubmit or no.

In that case, if you're sure, resubmit with a note to the reviewer stating that you could not find any bitmapping, and perhaps even ask them, if they find bitmaps again, where they are? I've gotten great personal responses from reviewers when I ask direct questions that way. That rejection could have been a mistake, you never know, best thing to do is resubmit with a note, there's a good chance it'll be approved.

Good luck!

Stacey

I've had a file accepted everywhere which then got a bitmap reject here. And SS was correct to give me one. If SS says there's a bitmap, there's probably a bitmap.

Ellerslie, things which they just don't want probably get the "Low Commercial Value" or "Too Many on the Database rejection". SS don't have time for kind. :)