Sign in to follow this  
Karin Hildebrand Lau

Need photos of the disabled and elderly

Hi all,

I want to change the graphic header on the website for the organization I work for, because quite frankly I'm tired of looking at it. Since Shutterstock has been so great to me as a photographer, I'm submitting this request exclusively through them.

The organization I work for lobbies on behalf of low-income seniors and people with disabilities who use the In-Home Supportive Services program in my state. This government program provides caregivers who assist their clients with daily tasks so they can live safely and independently in their homes, instead of a nursing home.

I'm searching for realistic photos of the following:

• * Elderly people at home with a caregiver (family member, friend, professional)
    * People with disabilities at home with a caregiver -- people include children or adults; disabilities include physical, developmental, or visual
    * Professionals with disabilities and their colleagues

It's really important that the photos don't look staged or use trendy, light colors (color contrast helps viewers with visual impairments). Warmth is key...please don't submit anything that feels sterile. The photos should convey the comforts of home and a sense of independence.

My organization doesn't use stock photos very often, so the winning photos will be purchased through StockToGo.com, which of course means a higher pay out to the photographer(s). :-)

Good luck!

Hello Karimala,

Mine might be a little abstract as well. It is a shot of an elderly woman's hands, at a table in her home. Nice rich dark colors, but no face.

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-610612.html

When I pulled up my image, there were some similars that were shown that looked kind of promising. Maybe they will help your search.

Best of luck to you.

RB

Nice shot. Too bad there isn't more of the man in the photo. He has the character I'm looking for.

Here's a link to the website with its current photos (yuck). That might help.

www.capaihss.org

You're just in luck. Here is the rest of the elderly gentleman. It's isolated as well, so if you want to use it in a montage, it should be no problem.

http://shutterstock.com/pic-761765.html

I have an idea of a photo you may like, but it will take couple of days to arm everything for the shot! I suppose the idea is to show they can do some things but with some help!?!? and that they enjoy too!!

Anything else your looking for?/What will you spend the rest of your credits on?

Karimala...

I have some photos of a child that you might be able to use. I have a ton, but I just uploaded some to a folder that I would like to show you. I was hoping to be able to just post them here, but I can't, so do you have an email address I can send low res jpeg thumbnails to you so you can see them?? I don't have any submitted to shutterstock yet, but am working on that.

Let me know. cfreephotography@earthlink.net

Thank you,

Michele

Hi all,

I want to change the graphic header on the website for the organization I work for, because quite frankly I'm tired of looking at it. Since Shutterstock has been so great to me as a photographer, I'm submitting this request exclusively through them.

The organization I work for lobbies on behalf of low-income seniors and people with disabilities who use the In-Home Supportive Services program in my state. This government program provides caregivers who assist their clients with daily tasks so they can live safely and independently in their homes, instead of a nursing home.

I'm searching for realistic photos of the following:

• * Elderly people at home with a caregiver (family member, friend, professional)
    * People with disabilities at home with a caregiver -- people include children or adults; disabilities include physical, developmental, or visual
    * Professionals with disabilities and their colleagues

It's really important that the photos don't look staged or use trendy, light colors (color contrast helps viewers with visual impairments). Warmth is key...please don't submit anything that feels sterile. The photos should convey the comforts of home and a sense of independence.

My organization doesn't use stock photos very often, so the winning photos will be purchased through StockToGo.com, which of course means a higher pay out to the photographer(s). :-)

Good luck!

Hi, I just have 2 images waiting for review of a disabled person with their caregiver #823048 and #823050 hope these are what you need

I still haven't found what I'm looking for, so thought I'd post some examples.

This is one of the photos of professionals currently on the website that I want to replace. The clothing and styles are outdated and I just plain don't like it.

4213015428.jpg

Examples of replacements:

4213013834.jpg

As for the disabled/elderly and their caregivers at home, here are some examples:

4213011533.jpg

I really like the following conceptual examples, because they depict the tasks caregivers perform in the home, but the child must be replaced by an adult.

4213005353.jpg

I also want people who are honestly disabled used as models...please don't use non-disabled models posing in wheelchairs. Our organization advocates on behalf of the elderly and disabled, and we work daily with state and federal legislators. It's too easy for experts in our field to spot the posers, so please keep it real. Do the right thing and hire the disabled as your models! :-)

She is my grandmother, she is visual impared, both eyes suffered surgery. I love her very much and I never wanted to put on stock photos with her, but for a good cause like yours, I can give you this picture for free (just mention my name as a photographer). Of course, only if you like it. It is not a studio posing, I just took some pics of her in very unique moments.

If you want the larger version, just email me (popescu.alin@gmail.com)

dsc9366mamaitzasad6st.jpg

Kindest regards,

Alin

PS: if this offer is something that goes out of the rules of SS, please let me know and I will retract it.