• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I've definitely been floored by the whole thing. Trying to keep up with reading the thread about it, but gave up around page 72. I agree that if we have to start at the bottom every January, they shou

Posted Images

Lobke - Belgisch Trekpaard sounds perfect to me. That's the common name in Holland as well. A good translation into English would be, I think, Belgium plough or plow horse. Not 100% accurate, but it seems closer to what these horses were used for. (originally they were used for the crusades waaayy back) They are my second favorite horse. I am sorry, but Frisians are first and that brings me to your question. I was born and raised in Holland - Haarlem) and moved to South Florida in 1989 thanks to my wife who happens to be from Miami. :)

I love your name "Lobke". It has a warm and cozy ring to it.(you might want to explain how to pronounce it. LOL)

Feel free to throw a major fit about "French" fries anytime. :)))

Wendy they were talking about having it on bulb with a remote and somewhere between f8 and f22 depending on how bright the lightning is and having a wide angle lens set to infinity for focus. They did not say what setting for the flash they were using but I'm sure it was bright enough to light up the landscape. I would actually like to try that providing there's no wind to go with the lightning. Watching lightning hit the mountains is really cool to look at but I'm sure not so much fun if your under it.

Wendy they were talking about having it on bulb with a remote and somewhere between f8 and f22 depending on how bright the lightning is and having a wide angle lens set to infinity for focus. They did not say what setting for the flash they were using but I'm sure it was bright enough to light up the landscape. I would actually like to try that providing there's no wind to go with the lightning. Watching lightning hit the mountains is really cool to look at but I'm sure not so much fun if your under it.
They didnt use a flash Anita because there is no flash bright enough to light up a landscape at night.

It is lit by the Lightining and by being on bulb the shutter stays open longer allowing more light in to the sensor.

RudyDude! You were up LATE... Man!!! You couldn't pry me out of bed for your life had I been up at 3am or so... :o

I went to bed at about 11, woke up at a little after 2, did my "thing", went back to bed but couldn't sleep, got up at about 3:15 for about 1/2 hour until the alarm clock at 6AM. Was not happy about it. lol

I took our veggie garden down coz I killed it yet a 2nd year in a row by planting too early. We're thinking about moving the iris bed to the other flower bed out in the yard so we can make a longer deck but not sure if we're doing that this year or not. I really don't want to put them in shock again and have to wait 2 years for all of them to bloom again.

Next year we're starting them inside in the Middle of May then putting them outside the last week of May. I'm thinking about either raised beds or containers or probably both. I haven't figured that out yet. I do know that next year we're going to build a basketball/tennis court out in the yard. That'll be fun.

we can make a longer deck but not sure if we're doing that this year or not. I really don't want to put them in shock again and have to wait 2 years for all of them to bloom again.

You have no idea how funny this sounds.

Get yer mind outta the gutter ;p

That's the thing no one around us does gardening. Not sure how much success our friends that live like a quarter mile away had any success this year I'll have to ask them.

I'd love my map more if today wasn't uber slow :/

Oh and I ended up emailing my kids art projects to the music teacher by mistake woops!

Anita there are garden planting times online for you to find what you need but just remember after the last date for a chance of frost where i am that is in early May also someplants grown from seeds have the planting times and zones on the back of the packet.

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oG7mgMjntOrTYAi3lXNyoA;_ylc=X1MDUCMyNzY2Njc5BF9yAzIEY3NyY3B2aWQDWk1yc1cwb0c3djZsR2M1OFRtSTgyUXhuUzJrY2drNTdqZ3dBQ1RVdwRmcgNzbHY4LXR5YzgEZnIyA3NnLWdhYwRncHJpZAMEaXQDZ3AEbl9ncHMDMTAEb3JpZ2luA3NycARwb3MDMgRwcXN0cgNnYXJkZW4gcGxhbnRpbmcgem9uZXMEcXVlcnkDZ2FyZGVuIHBsYW50aW5nIHpvbmVzIG1hcARzYWMDMQRzYW8DMwRzZWMDcmVsLXNhBHZ0ZXN0aWQDVklQMDQ5?p=garden%20planting%20zones%20map&fr=slv8-tyc8&fr2=sg-gac&pqstr=garden%20planting%20zones

And here is a tip buy a bag of 10-10-10 fertilizer and till it into the soil about a week before planting and look out.

Also Kelly i dont worry about weeds like everyone else does and everyone wishes their garden would grow like mine does.

I grow ten tomato plants and they grow over 7 feet high and bush out big time and twenty cucumber plants that spread like weeds as well as my corn,peppers, bush beans,strawberries and this year watermellon and pumpkins and the weeds dont affect the growing in any way except it probably makes my plants stronger.

I still have tomatos on some plants right now and give everyone i know quite a few tomatos and always have lots left and same with cucumbers.

Just got reviewed. 7 of 10 approved. 3 LCV landscapes did not, which is OK sort of. Not too shabby.

I have 3 in protest since last week with submit@ss. Nothing yet. They were rejected for Copyright. I have similar already in my port and Bigstock approved the new (SS rejected) ones. To me that makes no sense whatsoever. It's all one company now. Why would one division take them and another not? I like SS and all that, but sometimes they make me feel like a cow. Just give milk and shut up.