• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

Someone already went through 3 of my posts in a different thread and down vote all 3 posts. 🙄

Posted Images

Yep and i remember when they had Jack In the Box in NY and the rumor had it it was closed because they advertised 100% pure beef only thing was they didnt say what kind of beef!

And they say it was Kangaroo meat!

If it was it was tasty.

Now they are all out in California.

The problem isn't that it might be meat from a different animal (beef should be from cattle only) but rather what part of the cow it came from. Technically, any part of the animal could be called beef. Most people wouldn't eat many parts of the animal (unless you call it wieners). I think the fast food joints hide behind the 100% beef thing because people will assume that it is 100% ground steaks. Not likely.

I think Chris is right, the problem with a lot of those places they put a lot of offal in the mix.

Back in the 70's or 80's we had a hamburger place closed down because they were adding dog food in .... yuk!

*snip snip*

And who knew Belgian horses are really not ever called Brabants in their home country, but

Belgische Boerenpaarden or Belgische Trekpaarden in Holland. (Belgium farmer horses or Pull horses) In Belgium they are called Vlaamse Paarden (Flemish Horses)

;)

My apologies for breaking into this thread, but someone has been spreading false rumours!

The breed of Belgian horses used to pull carts and plows etc are DEFINITELY called Brabanders here! Its our most famous horse breed and are almost always referred to as Brabander (or Belgian Pulling horse).

We use 'boerenpaarden' (transl.:farmers horses) for anything looking like them but not being a pure breed.

I've never heard of 'vlaamse paarden', only 'vlaamse reuzen' (=Flemish giants, which are rabbits). :)

We dont have a government, now dont take our Brabanders away ;P

Well Lobke. Nobody here takes your Brabanders away, your horse association did. The Breed is officially called "Het Vlaamse Paard". "Brabanders" is a street name. (misplaced pride of Brabanders maybe ?) There are some links in the Hummer thread Part 1 about that.

There is also a link to a documentary on Belgium TV how the breed was neglected in Belgium and how a Belgium farmer found a purebred stud in the US and how that stud (or one of his children. Can't remember right now at 3.30AM) was imported back into Belgium and how all modern purebred Vlaamse paarden came from that horse. Very interesting and all this happened in 1993 and only since 2005 the breed is offical. The name of the documentary is......."Het Vlaamse Paard"

http://www.vlaamspaard.be/nl/

http://www.hippotv.tv/video/ras-de-kijker-het-vlaams-paard

I am sorry, but the rumors are probably not all that false.

I am familiar with your Vlaamse Reuzen. My neighbor in Holland had one that escaped and dug a hole underneath the fence the size of a basketball. Never seen my cat at the time so scared and that was a 20 pound cat who used to attack 2 other cats at the same time!

BTW. please don't apologize for "breaking into this thread". Nobody breaks into anything. Hang out for a while or forever. I love Belgium and have been "fighting" here for Belgium and I can use your help sometimes. There are also some posts in part 1 about Belgium Shepherds. Next are "French" Fries

I am surprised that you guys still don't have a government. I read about that quite some time ago.

Hope your birthday night went well there Rudy :)

I'm actually watching a photography show on the Create channel wishing I had a wide angle lens capable of infinity focus. He taught how to shoot lightning was pretty cool. Now they jumped outta their van and photographed a tornado. That sucker was huge too.

Finally moved 3 of my vectors from my to do list to my to done list so YAY. So by Friday (providing I don't do more before then) I'll have 9 vectors and 9 rasters (18 total uploads) ready by Friday.

***madly waving at Lobke***

I don't think there is any such thing as breaking into this thread ... :) I am obviously very uneducated but why don't you have a government?

Wow Anita you are on a roll! I am not sure I would be jumping out of a van to shoot a tornado. What were their tips for shooting lightening?

Morning peeps.

It is muggy out there today boy.

Rain storms blew through here in the middle of the night sonded pretty wild.

Been awake most all night long i couldnt sleep and have no idea why.

Wendy i think you want it to be dark and it should be like shooting fireworks.

Greetings Barry! I can't say morning when its nearly bed time ...

Sleep has been a bit hit and miss for me for a while ...

Like shooting fireworks sounds pretty right. I have not tried shooting lightning for a while now. I have had a couple of goes at it ... with varying degrees of success. At least fireworks are more predictable.

Hey Kelly its pretty dark here too but then we are at the other end of the day lol ...

Hey today is the last day of Summer so now it is all downhill from here on out.

The days start getting shorter and shorter and cooler and colder snow ice frigid weather frost on the Pumpkins or perhaps the Oranges.

Leaves changing and falling bugs going into hibernation the season of the Holidays .

What else?

G'Morning Keedz!!

Hey Lobke! Thanks for setting us straight... now we can stay confused about the matter....LOL

And you're welcome here any ol' time :)

RudyDude! You were up LATE... Man!!! You couldn't pry me out of bed for your life had I been up at 3am or so... :o

Kel - my day yesterday started out super slow, went on super slow all day, and then late, turned out to be my 2nd best DL day of the month... you just never know :o

I wouldn't worry about it too much - like Dave says - it'll change, no matter what it is right now...LOL

It's RAINING here again!! YAY YAY YAY!!! :)

Looks like there's an inch in the rain gauge now, should be slowly filling up... ;)

There's a small reservoir maybe two miles of us that's maybe 10 acres or so, and after this summer there was only a tiny spot of water left in the far end of it.... it got so dry that they brought in bulldozers to push down willows that have grown into the nearest few acres on it in the last few years... imagine a bulldozer on a pond bottom... it's gotta be really dry for them to stay up and not sink.... :o

Maybe the rain will start filling it up again :)

Well Lobke. Nobody here takes your Brabanders away, your horse association did. The Breed is officially called "Het Vlaamse Paard". "Brabanders" is a street name. (misplaced pride of Brabanders maybe ?) There are some links in the Hummer thread Part 1 about that.

There is also a link to a documentary on Belgium TV how the breed was neglected in Belgium and how a Belgium farmer found a purebred stud in the US and how that stud (or one of his children. Can't remember right now at 3.30AM) was imported back into Belgium and how all modern purebred Vlaamse paarden came from that horse. Very interesting and all this happened in 1993 and only since 2005 the breed is offical. The name of the documentary is......."Het Vlaamse Paard"

http://www.vlaamspaard.be/nl/

http://www.hippotv.tv/video/ras-de-kijker-het-vlaams-paard

I am sorry, but the rumors are probably not all that false.

I am familiar with your Vlaamse Reuzen. My neighbor in Holland had one that escaped and dug a hole underneath the fence the size of a basketball. Never seen my cat at the time so scared and that was a 20 pound cat who used to attack 2 other cats at the same time!

BTW. please don't apologize for "breaking into this thread". Nobody breaks into anything. Hang out for a while or forever. I love Belgium and have been "fighting" here for Belgium and I can use your help sometimes. There are also some posts in part 1 about Belgium Shepherds. Next are "French" Fries

I am surprised that you guys still don't have a government. I read about that quite some time ago.

Thanks for a warm welcome guys and gals :)

Cool to hear you lived in Holland Rudy! Do you have your roots there or are you a born 'Floridian'?

Don't get me started on 'french' fries! ;)

About the horses; strange thing... i really never heard of a "vlaams paard" and i worked in a manege (or however its called in english ;)) for a good while.

We always referred to them as 'Brabanders', but you're probably right that this might be a street name.

Despite your links i still think the breed is officially called 'belgisch trekpaard' ;)

The official royal company (which sets the breeding standards)website refers to them that way; and wikipedia also calls them 'brabanders' or belgisch trekpaard.

http://www.trekpaard.be/nl/home

its history: http://www.hetvirtueleland.be/tento/index_tento.asp?ID=100270000

wiki: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgisch_trekpaard

Wendy, about our government (or more lack of one!),

We're without for over a year now! The whole situation is a bit complicated; politicians from both Flanders and Wallonie are very stubborn about certain issues (the flemish ones think too much money goes to Wallonie, etc etc) and refuse to budge while they have to form a coalition and work together.

The avg. Belgian seems a bit divided about this, i'm in the big camp that thinks 'stop your damned bickering already and form that government asap, you're all looking like fools!"; but there's also people in Flanders that think we shouldnt budge for a millimeter, and peeps in Wallonie that are upset because they find the Flemish want to take some of their fundamental rights away... so they don't want to budge either. Quite a deadlock :(

And so with more than one year without goverment we are the sad owners of the world record 'country without government'.

Blegh.