• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

Thank You, Wendy! Merry Christmas to everyone!  

Posted Images

never had a K ration but from what I've seen the modern version looks pretty darn good.

Tang? yup. tastes like sugar mixed with a vitamin C pill.

I acquired a taste for Vegemite but it is really hard to get around here.

Live crickets don't taste bad but the big fat females kinda pop in your mouth and it is a bit of a gagger.

I ate raw lamb brains once.

Where else can I go with this...

YES, that's Tang, you nailed it!

Oh man, survival training?

I used to watch that Australian guy on tv...the stuff he ate...OMG (my eyes were mostly closed)! I think I'd rather starve to death or eat dandelions or something. ;)

So I fixed the little laptop problem so no need to take it to the dork tomorrow so YAY go me LOL!

All I needed to do was to unplug the router and wait a minute, plug it back in and do all the other crap on the laptop and poof! It's back in my network list and works. So, much to my son's dismay, will be going to school tomorrow mwahahahahaha!

Lets see!

There are chocolate covered ants,grasshoppers,crickets,roaches and more.

Not for me unless i am in survival mode but even then i am sure i can find some old fishing line and a hook on some shoreline along with a worm for bait.

Or i will just make a spear and spear a fish.

And yes Chris is right on the Tang.

never had a K ration but from what I've seen the modern version looks pretty darn good.

Tang? yup. tastes like sugar mixed with a vitamin C pill.

I acquired a taste for Vegemite but it is really hard to get around here.

Live crickets don't taste bad but the big fat females kinda pop in your mouth and it is a bit of a gagger.

I ate raw lamb brains once.

Where else can I go with this...

YES, that's Tang, you nailed it!

Oh man, survival training?

I used to watch that Australian guy on tv...the stuff he ate...OMG (my eyes were mostly closed)! I think I'd rather starve to death or eat dandelions or something. ;)

Almost. It was for a survivor contest that a local radio station put on. I lost a $50000 prize on four shots in a mini-golf game. Sigh.

I used to watch the bush tucker guy too. Very cool stuff. I've heard that witchetty grubs are actually tasty and a very good source of nutrition/energy. I actually want to try them one day.

Mini golf, LOL!

EWW... how about nice a steak instead. :P;)

I'm with you Barry!

So I fixed the little laptop problem so no need to take it to the dork tomorrow so YAY go me LOL!

All I needed to do was to unplug the router and wait a minute, plug it back in and do all the other crap on the laptop and poof! It's back in my network list and works. So, much to my son's dismay, will be going to school tomorrow mwahahahahaha!

I do that quite often too, keep it in mind toots. ;)

I do that quite often too, keep it in mind toots. ;)

It is called rebooting the system.

Something you dont want a mechanic on your car doing because if it is a hard code fault it will reset and come back again.

Hmm K ration I dont know about.

Vegemite I cant stand the taste of but them found I was allergic to it anyway so my body was probably doing me a favour.

Witchety grubs are quite tasty .... couldn't eat the raw though, did have them barbecued. A little bit like chicken in taste.

Green ants are delicious ... their back end tastes a bit like honey and are considered a treat ... takes a few to really get a good feast going though lol. You grab the front and and then just bite the back end off ...lol ...

Crocodile steaks are nice and I have some kanga bangers (kangaroo suasages) in the freezer at the moment. Really good for you and very lean ... yummo! Kangaroo tail soup is good too.

Yup you nailed it on the Tang ....

The bush tucker man was great ...

Bummer on losing that prize money at mini golf Chris ....

Barry fishing line wont help you much in Outback Oz ...

Wtg Anita ... I bet the kid is a bit ticked off lol!

K ration for those who don't know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-ration

Ah ok ... yeah have eaten that sort of thing before .... ok if you have to!

OMG Wendy...YUCK, seriously!

Yes seriously!

That's OK then Wendy cause then i will just find some nice tasty vegetation.

Have to be careful round here Barry, a lot of the vegetation is poisonous unless prepared the right way .... cant go too wrong with a bit of grub, ants, snake, roo, lizard etc ... emu eggs do a real mean omelette ... they are HUGE!

That's OK then Wendy cause then i will just find some nice tasty vegetation.

LOL, good luck with that. I think even goats have trouble out there.

You got that right .... lol.

Avoid the outback...problem solved, lol!

Nah it's a good place as long as you are well prepared and dont go there in summer ... too dry for me to live out there permanently!

Yep and i remember when they had Jack In the Box in NY and the rumor had it it was closed because they advertised 100% pure beef only thing was they didnt say what kind of beef!

And they say it was Kangaroo meat!

If it was it was tasty.

Now they are all out in California.

yep keeping it in mind for the next time the lappy stops communicating with the router. This is the first time it happened so I was at a loss. Tech guy shoulda known that. I also shoulda figured it out sooner when the Netflix on the tv wasn't responding.

And yeah my little man is not too happy ;)

K Rations kinda look a bit like MRE's but I'm sure there's a difference between them. I've had MREs those are okay don't believe I've had K Rations though.