• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

Wendy, if you are Sari, who is Sari today :-)

Posted Images

Wendy, the community college my kids are attending opens today for a mix of online and in person classes. I’m guessing the UC campuses resume today the same way. Not sure how many are online vs in person though. My son has his first in person class in almost 2 years tomorrow. 

6 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

Patrick - you could make a bunch of different versions of the stop motion  - one where you're in the middle of a stride, so your legs are an upside down V, and another where you have one leg up, could be in marching style, so exaggeratedly high :D

Sari, I have done that exact same thing that you have described! A stop motion walk. It turned out quite well. It is not online though. Maybe I could upload it one day. 

And of course that same technique was used in one of the final scenes of the original 1984 Terminator movie. The way the terminator walked in that rather dramatic scene is very memorable.

1 hour ago, Repelsteeltje said:

🐝

Thanks for the cleanup! :D

I did that ahhemmmm several years ago to get a spammer off the front page. ;)

We're hitting another hot spell here; we had a storm blow through the other day when it was super miserable, and it looked like all the rain chances had disappeared. We got a storm that was full of piss and vinegar, and the lightnings were quite impressive. There were several that hit really close, and from the looks of it, one of them got the nearest radio tower, too (which is 2814 feet or 858m from where I'm sitting) , as there were people repairing the connections the next day. We used to get our internet connection through there, so I'm glad we've since moved on to a different provider, because otherwise the service would have been shot. One year it took them two weeks to get the replacement equipment after a lightning hit that tower and fried everything.

So yeah, we got lots of lightning, and inch and three quarters of rain, which was helpful, and now it's back to heat warnings again for a few days.

Wow, that was a huge amt of spam threads. I guess since Kate left nobody at SS even comes into the forums anymore. Unfortunate. like letting your house rot and fall down on top of you :( 

Hope you stay safe with the lightning storms Sari. Except for the fires (which aren't in the Bay Area for the most part) our weather has been pretty reasonable. At least where we are. Highs usually in the mid to low 70's. Hoping that lasts. Although I'll be in Sacramento this weekened, where I'm sure it's significantly warmer.

Sari, such sad lyrics in an upbeat song! Lol I should get myself a Barry Manilow greatest hits album.

The amount of spam on here is unbelievable. I think we're fighting a losing battle. Ive just noticed one of the spammers has uploaded a custom avatar (they actually think they belong here.) 

I have not even bothered to open any of the foreign language threads. Not worth the time or effort. All it’s doing is making me spend less time on the forums, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing in the long run. Good luck getting shutterstock to pay “ransom”. That’s ridiculous. I don’t think I know anyone that makes enough from stock that they’d be willing to pay 3K a month. Most don’t even make that much in a year.

Saw there was going to be a press conf in the city at noon today (saw the post on facebook yesterday) so I hit that. Don’t know what I was thinking wearing black. It was very sunny and the black made me even warmer despite the nice bay breeze. But I did get some new photos of Nancy Pelosi, so it’s all good. And I even packed water so I was able to keep the issue of dehydration to a minimum. Gave one of their people (the city of San Francisco, not Pelosi) one of my business cards so hopefully I’ll start getting more advance notice of pressers etc so I can plan better.

I didnt open any of them Sheila, I figured they would be full of spyware. It was in one of the threads making a comment about spammers, so one of the spammers actually replied .... unless SS cleans the forum up they are leaving themselves wide open to who knows what!

Cool on getting pics at the presser, I avoid things like that, too many people!

Patrick I dont think he was joking, it doesnt mean that he would do it though. I am disgusted that the forum is left so unprotected!

9 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Wendy, it's like we've been abandoned. Now we have to fend for ourselves. 

I know, and that does not bode well for the security of the site as a whole! I makes me want to ditch SS altogether as I cant trust their security right now :(

Woah I was in an intense battle just now with one of the spammers in the Hardware & Gear sub-forum. I noticed that forum was getting filled up with spam again very quickly with spammy posts just a few minutes old. So I bumped up heaps of legit threads. And as I was doing so, I saw new spam posts being added afterwards. So both me and the spammer were going at it at the same time. I persisted and managed to push all the crap posts on to the next page. I then noticed that the spammer had posted a reply on one of the legit posts. This is what he typed:

"Boss, why are you pushing me?"

My gosh, their attitude is unbelievable. 

19 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Woah I was in an intense battle just now with one of the spammers in the Hardware & Gear sub-forum. I noticed that forum was getting filled up with spam again very quickly with spammy posts just a few minutes old. So I bumped up heaps of legit threads. And as I was doing so, I saw new spam posts being added afterwards. So both me and the spammer were going at it at the same time. I persisted and managed to push all the crap posts on to the next page. I then noticed that the spammer had posted a reply on one of the legit posts. This is what he typed:

"Boss, why are you pushing me?"

My gosh, their attitude is unbelievable. 

yes indeed, its disgusting

Wendy, yea I admit it's a crazy situation that we're in. Though I'm only assuming that the vulnerability and disregard of the forums is separate from the online photo business that SS is running. As bad as the forums are, I don't think it would be a reflection of the security measures and systems that are in place with the actual business side of things (ie the sale of photos, videos and artwork, tax details etc.) 

Again, those are just my assumptions.