• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

Sari, the reviews are very inconsistent. I get clips rejected for noise, dust, what ever when a clip from the same shoot same settings same everything is accepted. I resubmit the rejected footage and

Posted Images

Yeah when the dewpoint gets to mid 70s it gets pretty disgusting. We only got to 72F this morning, and while it was definitely steamy, it was still quite tolerable. We're at 91F/ 95F heat index with 69F dewpoint right now, and it's just hot, but not muggy.

This is the scale our local news uses -  LOL

dewpoint.thumb.JPG.554ced64fd3f622781f596c9f6342ad4.JPG

I haven't gotten around to testing AS's FTPS yet; I had enough trouble with the old system, I hope it didn't get worse...LOL

I’m still using cyber duck to upload because that’s the first uploaded I found and I could figure it out. I downloaded FileZilla but never did figure out how to get it to work, so I just stuck with cyberduck. But doing FTPS with cyberduck is not as easy as it should be. I got it to work one time and it didn’t apparently save the settings so I couldn’t get it to work again.

Funny thing is, Mat keeps saying re-ordering keywords there is a waste of time because the images are already ranked based on when they were uploaded. Most of the images I have done so far were uploaded way back in 2016. One of the video clips I re-keyworded yesterday had a sale there today, so I’m thinking it may actually be worth the hassle anyway. ESP for images/clips with not a lot in that category. ALmost all the files uploaded in 2016 were in abc order for keywords. Just not worth the hassle to delete and reupload (although that’s what they say will have better results,, finding all the individual files would be a massive PITA IMO).

Sari the chart needs one that says "feels like it is raining indoors" ... when it gets to 98% and still hasnt rained you start wondering what the heck is going on

Rudy we have 2 ... "blooming cold" and "blooming hot" .... its weird here at the moment, humidity is up and no rain forecast and its supposed to be the "dry" season. So far it has not been named correctly.

It's definitely cooler at home, but the house is warmer because of the upstairs and lack of ventillation so that kind of sucks. opened up all the windows and the front door and let it air out for several hours and that definitely helps. Hopefully it'll be cooler inside by morning and then just no cooking so it stays cool. we'll only have one really warm day for our area and that's tomorrow. 

Apparently Sebastian chased an animal out of the house around 1AM this morning. My son says something ate all the cat food and dog food in the kitchen (cat food on the counter and dog food on the floor) and the dog went nuts running downstairs so they figure it must've been some animal that came in through our dog door. Fun times. They must be really desperate if they're coming into the house. We still have peaches and apples falling off the trees so it's not like they don't have food to choose from in the yard itself.

They do tell us not to leave food out on the back porch, which I don't do. There is a water bowl there, but not food. But they might smell the food inside through the kitty door, which just has a flap on it. hopefully the "guard dog" responding will change their minds about coming inside. He went tearing down there last night again too. Ariel actuallly slept in our bed for a few hours while the dog was apparently sleeping downstairs. Probably with my dtr since she will sleep on the livingroom sofa if it's too warm in her room. My husband says it's obvious who the popular "parent" is since the animals all want me.

Had a really nice triple digit SOD to start my morning which almost doubled my sales for the month. Still not a great month in sales, but that sure helped to make it better. Hopefully I'll see more of the same.

On 6/10/2021 at 11:51 PM, Sari ONeal said:

LOL, Sari,  kaimaseni :D

(google translate can't figure that out, because Finnish is too tricky for it, but it's "my little namesake" for all non Finnish speakers)

I actually didn't know that äimä is an old word for needle 😮 even though "Äimän käkenä" is a common expression :D

I love it because it's so odd :D

Near Hämeenlinna, huh? Oh, and Iittala 😮 I remember stopping at a little store that may or may nor have been in Iittala; there was a guy blowing glass and I bought a tiny glass swan. It was in the early 80s....... :D:D  We were on our way to a soccer game with the team :D

The most important ingredient in taking butterfly or other insect pics is patience :D

Then, you need a decent lens so you can get close enough - and you need to do it s l o w l y  so you don't spook the insect away.

Tamron's 90mm macro is my favorite lens, and it can be used for other pics as well, it's really a great lens. I do have another macro lens, but it doesn't have auto focus, and it's kinda hard to use (for me, anyway), but sometimes I luck out with it :P

Pinball is so much fun - whether you play it on computer or on a REAL pinball machine.

I learned that the nearby pond I have here, is kind of an insect paradise. There literally was hundreds of dragonflys flying around and they started becoming way too "friendly" to be anymore confortable when I was taking photos of them. Landing on my hands etc.

I was kind of ok when some of them landed first, but when the mating dragonflys also landed on my hand, I decided that it's not ok anymore, they should find some better room for that. And I cannot even take photos that close with my lens. :D

Sheila the animals probably see you as the pack leader rather than the popular parent lol. And if you have access for your furbabies then the wild animals will find it. They do here .... if they cant find a way in they sometimes make their own as well :)

MrSorboas lol ... :D that is cool that you have a close pond to take pics at.

Dragonflies and Damselflies are pretty cool; they won't hurt you even if they land on you :)

Sometimes they will walk onto your finger, too, if you put it in front of them slowly. Butterflies will do that, too :D Oh, and jumping spiders, too, of course :), the cute kittens of spider world :D

I have a rat snake in my chicken coop again. It has so far killed three of my chicks, swallowed them, and then puked them back out later when it realized it can't get out of the chicken run with a big belly. Now it apparently has either another chick or something else that it's digesting. It was in the chicken run and I tried to go move it, and instead, it went into the coop, and I can't get it out of there.

Here it goes, this afternoon....

That's a freaking big snake! No thank you! I don't even want to know how you are supposed to catch that. There was a huge rattle snake next to the bird aviary at one of the ranger stations in irvine. They apparently put the mesh under the cage in addition to all the way around to keep the snakes out.

Sheila - chances are that it was a cat and not a raccoon, as the fruit in the yard would probably have drawn it to them. But you never know, maybe it liked the  smell of cat food better...

It's not unusual for there to be four cats on the bed when I wake up in the morning. Sissy is the only one that doesn't hang out there as she doesn't get along with Cocoa, Mocha and Peeps. Fuzzybutt doesn't, either, but she's usually on my pillow which makes her feel safe enough, I guess :P

wendy, probably true. Ive been the one taking care of them since they were knee high to a grasshopper. My husband is the one who provides entertainment and play time for them.

I downloaded an angry birds game app on my ipad for the grandson to play with and now I'm addicted to it. Not a productive use of time...

Yeah the only way I could keep that snake out would be to cover the entire chicken run with hardware cloth as they just slide through the chicken wire without a problem - unless their bellies are full... 

It's probably about a 5-footer, so not huge, but not a tiny one, either. I've had a bigger one in there before. I moved it out with a stick, and THEN it started to slither towards me on the stick and I threw it down...LOL -- but I was outside the run at that point, so then I could keep turning it away from the run :D

Sari we have snake probs with chickens here too, it looked like it had a full belly ... hope you manage to get it out!

lol Sheila, you are right not very productive. Stray cats will often eat dog food as well as cat food ... they are opportunistic.

20 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Had a really nice triple digit SOD to start my morning which almost doubled my sales for the month

Now what did I tell you? :D One sale can make the numbers all different. With the size of your port and the diversity, you're more likely to hit something nice more often than most of us :P

Wendy - I have a feeling that it has decided the chicken coop is a nice shelter to digest food in..... I closed the little door that goes to the run, and opened the big door that goes in the yard - that way it can get out, but being as fat as it is, it can't get back in the run.

Also the chickens can't get into the coop, but they can stay in the run for the nights. I'll check on it later when I go feed.

Sari, yes. And today is back to lots of piddly sub downloads. C'est la vie. Hopefully the second half of the month will pick up.

I always tend to forget how time consuming canning is. I've got the first jars filled and boiling. Took forever for them to start to thicken up. Definitely thick though because it was already starting to jell when I was scooping it out of the pan into the jars. Now I need to clean everything and start with the next batch. And I gave away 80% of the fruit from the tree before we left town. Still need to work on the raspberries too, but not tonight. The raspberries I can freeze and work with later. Not so much with the peaches.

ooooh canned peaches does sound really nice, not something I have ever tried

hopefully the snake decides to go somewhere else Sari :)

For the first time in ages I have been able to get out in the garden ... I have been chopping out the lantana jungle,  the butterflies love it but unfortunately it is a weed here and has to go.

Wendy, so ironic you're chopping down lantana and I'm having trouble getting mine to grow. Hope you have success in your gardening.

The Bay Area coolness has returned. Actually had to shut all the windows this morning as it was just too cold in the house. Nice for canning. At least I don't have to worry about overheating the house with cooking today.

Sari, keeping chickens sounds like a lot of work when one has to protect them from all the wildlife looking for a fast meal. Do you hatch the chicks there each year? Or buy new chicks to replenish your flock? pricy to replace if the snakes keep getting them.

Wendy - yeah the snake was gone in the morning when I checked. No doubt it will be back when the last meal has been digested and it gets hungry again.

I agree with Sheila - it's sad you're having to chop down the Lantanas. I have to buy new ones every year because they don't survive the winter and just when they get really showy and pretty the cold weather arrives and they're done for the year.

And yeah, this place is like fast food for wildlife; "Sari's delicious chicken bites".

The hens keep the place stocked, and the wildlife keep the numbers down - for now anyway. I did have way too many chickens, but we gave a lot of them away, and between that and the snakes eating all the eggs / chicks last summer we're at a more decent number now. I try to keep the eggs picked so the hens don't get a chance to hatch them all, but they always find a spot that I don't see, and I don't even venture in the barn loft right now; I'm sure there are eggs, and lots of snakes..........

I'm hoping for rain again; the waterfall next to one of the trail cameras has dried up; there's no water going over the edge at all.

Drought conditions are bad all over the place. Only promising to get worse :(  

I guess if you have the chickens running lose all over, there are bound to be lots of stray nests enticing wildlife. Definitely a challenge. I don't think I could ever live on a farm. the idea of running into a snake is just too nerve wracking for me. All the years I've lived in California, I've only ever seen a rattle snake IRL once. Had a side winder run across the highway in front of me once when living in Yuma Arizona. That was kind of freaky too and I was inside a car. LOL.

It was so cold here today I had to close up all the windows and even put on a sweater in the house. Warmer in the backyard where there's little breeze but not by a lot. Much prefer the cooler weather to the hot any day though. Did a bit of yard work and topped most of the peach tree. Not the right season for that I know, but it was growing through the power lines again. Definitely wasn't the best place to plant that thing. I'll pay closer attention to what's around next time I do major large item planting.