• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

Thank You, Wendy! Merry Christmas to everyone!  

Posted Images

Yeah images seem to be randomly getting stuck and lots of off the wall rejections. No energy to stress over them here. If they don’t clear in a week I’ll resubmit. Most of them eventually clear through. Had one video file stay stuck and disappear from the pending count even though it was still showing as pending after a few weeks. Eventually I might figure out which videos need to be reuploaded but given the poor payment structure I haven’t been highly motivated to follow up on that. 

the forums went down for me for about ten minutes a little while ago too. 

My youngest daughters phone died today so I took her to get a new one. She spent half the day reinstalling all her apps and games. She’s now doing one of her games with friends all excited because it’s loading “super fast” compared to how it apparently was on the old phone. Ah the joys of youth. LOL. 

wendy I think the majority of contributors have lost their motivation to upload here unfortunately. 

7 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

Not sure what the logic is with reviews nowadays - I submitted six pics yesterday and they reviewed the first one and the last one, and the others are still waiting...

🙄

If I had to guess, they have a system to review automatically and then if the AI don't know about some image, it will be send to some better analysis.
Tbh. I am getting way more sales in Adobe stock than here, but I am still testing how it goes with this website and if it seems that not well compared to AS, then I probably stay there. I stil lhave over 100 images in my queue that I ened to add tags to...

1 minute ago, MrSorbias said:

If I had to guess, they have a system to review automatically and then if the AI don't know about some image, it will be send to some better analysis.
Tbh. I am getting way more sales in Adobe stock than here, but I am still testing how it goes with this website and if it seems that not well compared to AS, then I probably stay there.

That actually makes sense about the AI kicking reviews for actual review. I’d bet that’s likely the case. Some just get permanently stuck in that queue.

As for sales I think it depends on content. I have significantly more sales here than Adobe but I also have more images here than there and very few lifestyle people images. Which is what Adobe seems to sell more of based on conversations in the discord community. My best seller here has sold over 1000 times while it has barely sold a handful of times on Adobe. Different customer bases. As you build up your number of images in diverse categories I think you’ll find the number of sales you have here will increase too. You have some nice images (I only looked at the first page if your portfolio and it looks very good to me anyway)

Yeah, it makes sense. Adobe has their stock included into their own programs and usually the buyers, I think are some graphical designers who are finding for resources to their works. So some elements and icons etc.

There is a discord group? Would you share it here? Working with these images is sometimes very lonely and talking with some group sounds awesome. :D

Sheila -  LOL on your daughter :D

I got a new phone recently, too, and it took me almost two full days to get everything the way I wanted. I go heavy handed on the apps that I know I won't ever use, and between deleting them, or if you can't do that, disabling them, it takes a while. And then all the rest of the stuff  -- it's a giant time grab just to get things in proper order! 😮

8 hours ago, MrSorbias said:

If I had to guess, they have a system to review automatically and then if the AI don't know about some image, it will be send to some better analysis

You're probably right. I guess it means I have four iffy images in line, still waiting :P

8 hours ago, MrSorbias said:

I stil lhave over 100 images in my queue that I ened to add tags to...

Just remember to do that within three weeks of uploading them or they get deleted from the queue!!! You don't want that!

I looked at your port and I really like this one -

right-after-sunset-on-clean-600w-1982172

100% my kinda pic :)

YEah, I think she finally has it all sorted out. THen I get an email from the phone service today saying I need to schedule a payment. But I have everything set up for autopay (or so I thought) so I called in to check. Couldn’t remember how to get ahold of them without calling an actually number. And the auto pay is still valid so not sure why the email came but I was able to adjust the plan so all three lines (i have the two younger kids attached to my phone plan rather than haven’t three separate bills to pay. Easier that way til they move out at least).  Anyway, they have an unlimited data plan now that ends up being almost $20/month cheaper than what I’m currently paying so we upgraded to that. That’ll definitely make the kids happier playing their games on the phones :D

7 minutes ago, MrSorbias said:

Thank you. :) I sadly have only very faint memories of when I took that photo, because it's a quite old picture. I used to have "camera walks" as kid, and I think I took this photo most likely summer 2008, but it's possible that even 2006.

Lake or sea? Could be either, in the right circumstances :)

Your nebula renders are awesome, I hope they sell well! 😮

Sheila - I understand playing games on PC or consoles, but I will never understand gaming on a phone. I remember playing Donkey Kong back when the dinosaurs walked the earth and it was hard enough to see what was happening on the tiny screen...LOL

It's a small lake in eastern Finland, called Äimäjärvi (Äimä is old Finnish and means needle, and järvi is a lake) actually I guess I can share google maps link to the place, I think there is nothing secret to tell that I was in some specific place as kid. I think the photo was taken through those bushes in right side of the bridge, so that the small island is hidden in the background. :D 

https://www.google.com/maps/@61.08558,24.1136867,3a,75y,298.38h,84.06t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFbK6KP3K6L1wDhhWjB5pKA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

22 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

Lake or sea? Could be either, in the right circumstances :)

Your nebula renders are awesome, I hope they sell well! 😮

Sheila - I understand playing games on PC or consoles, but I will never understand gaming on a phone. I remember playing Donkey Kong back when the dinosaurs walked the earth and it was hard enough to see what was happening on the tiny screen...LOL

I also visited your portfolio. Nice to see close up  photos of incects here! For me taking even one that kind of butterly photo would be a special moment in my life. :D

I also always wanted to take macro photos, but never got a proper lens for that job, so it's just been a distant daydream.

The nebula renders have not sold yet. But they've been on this place for so little time that mybe it will slowly change?

Sari is actually from Finland I believe so she probably knows the places. 

Sari, the game I played the most was space invaders. Pinball. That was before the dinosaurs, right? LOL. I don’t do the electronic games much. But yeah, the phone screens are pretty small. I think it’s more the portability of it and since they basically grew up with the small screens, they don’t consider them as small

9 minutes ago, SariMe said:

Sari on varmaankin Äimän käkenä; Cuckoo of the needle 😆 Otan takkini, I'll take my coat

LOL, Sari,  kaimaseni :D

(google translate can't figure that out, because Finnish is too tricky for it, but it's "my little namesake" for all non Finnish speakers)

I actually didn't know that äimä is an old word for needle 😮 even though "Äimän käkenä" is a common expression :D

I love it because it's so odd :D

Near Hämeenlinna, huh? Oh, and Iittala 😮 I remember stopping at a little store that may or may nor have been in Iittala; there was a guy blowing glass and I bought a tiny glass swan. It was in the early 80s....... :D:D  We were on our way to a soccer game with the team :D

1 hour ago, MrSorbias said:

Nice to see close up  photos of incects here! For me taking even one that kind of butterly photo would be a special moment in my life. :D

I also always wanted to take macro photos, but never got a proper lens for that job, so it's just been a distant daydream.

The most important ingredient in taking butterfly or other insect pics is patience :D

Then, you need a decent lens so you can get close enough - and you need to do it s l o w l y  so you don't spook the insect away.

Tamron's 90mm macro is my favorite lens, and it can be used for other pics as well, it's really a great lens. I do have another macro lens, but it doesn't have auto focus, and it's kinda hard to use (for me, anyway), but sometimes I luck out with it :P

59 minutes ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Sari, the game I played the most was space invaders. Pinball.

Pinball is so much fun - whether you play it on computer or on a REAL pinball machine.

6 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

LOL, Sari,  kaimaseni :D

(google translate can't figure that out, because Finnish is too tricky for it, but it's "my little namesake" for all non Finnish speakers)

I actually didn't know that äimä is an old word for needle 😮 even though "Äimän käkenä" is a common expression :D

I love it because it's so odd :D

Near Hämeenlinna, huh? Oh, and Iittala 😮 I remember stopping at a little store that may or may nor have been in Iittala; there was a guy blowing glass and I bought a tiny glass swan. It was in the early 80s....... :D:D  We were on our way to a soccer game with the team :D

The most important ingredient in taking butterfly or other insect pics is patience :D

Then, you need a decent lens so you can get close enough - and you need to do it s l o w l y  so you don't spook the insect away.

Tamron's 90mm macro is my favorite lens, and it can be used for other pics as well, it's really a great lens. I do have another macro lens, but it doesn't have auto focus, and it's kinda hard to use (for me, anyway), but sometimes I luck out with it :P

Pinball is so much fun - whether you play it on computer or on a REAL pinball machine.

Oh yeah, I am sure you were in Ittala, and the guy making glass was me... Ok, not really, joke joke. :D There is that kind of an exhibition area in Iittala where they do glass making shows for tourists. The "real work" is done in the factory nearby. Tho I've done little glass working, since in our primary school in Iittala, we had an optional glass blowing course in Iittala glass factory.

No doubt, those ovens are pretty dang hot :D

Hope you got a nice scar to go with the story :P (nothing too painful!)

Well it appears it didn't get as hot here today as yesterday, our heat index only got to 104F instead of yesterday's 106F.....

I've been cleaning up my flower beds most of the day, and that was definitely sweat inducing, to say the least, LOL

I even got the last flowers planted that have been waiting for their turn! 😮