The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

Ah ok the teachers here get 6 weeks on full pay and 6 weeks on half pay. Ah yes not being permanently contracted would have an effect. My niece worked till the week before she was due in her non teaching job (she works at a bird zoo).

Wow that is a big difference, I guess that is the great thing about being on the coast!

• Replies 46.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

Sheila, sorry to hear about the loss of the kitten. What a beautiful looking cat. Steven, your are right on with your analysis of SS. It's really an unhealthy relationship between contributor and

Posted Images

In Finland she'd have 4 months off for maternity leave, of which typically 5 weeks would be before the birth. Then after that,  she'd have parental leave till the kid is about 9 months old. Plus, any vacation time on top of that that she might have. The Dad would also get paternity allowance so that he could take up to 3 weeks off at the same time with the mother (to help with the kid), and another 6 weeks at a separate time. Also, if there is more than one child born (or adopted!), those times would increase.

Then, after that, you can get child home care allowance until the youngest kid is 3 years old, if you want to stay at home, or if your spouse wants to stay at home, or if you have someone else at home to take care of the child. If you don't, your child typically goes to municipal day care, which is not super cheap, but it's subsidized so that it's affordable for the family.

In the other news - my landing page map has stopped working altogether, I'm getting sales but none are showing up on the map.

Anyone else?

:D

Sales seem to be showing up on my map. Just checked the last three downloads and they're on there. Not sure what the issue is on your end Sari.

I think I like the Finnish system. Much more family centric. Looks like baby decided she was coming today. Woke up to several text messages from. my daughter and then her husband. So we'll be late to the "party" but we'll still be there.

Wendy, she was 6 lbs 3 ounces and 19.5 inches I think they said. She lost a bit from pooping a lot, but she's nursing pretty good and mom is not having any supply issues. Even though it's just colostrum at this point, she ended up spraying the baby. So as soon as they get a routine established I think things will go well. And once we get there, we'll keep the grandson busy every day so mom can rest and take care of the baby.

And I'm looking forward to the spoiling part. LOL. Too bad they live so far away. 

Yeah, they gotta get the poops out of the way; the intake won't work properly if the pipework downstream is clogged up :P

Waiting / hoping for rain here :D it's been 4 days since the last one, and I had to water my flowers last night because it was getting too dry. In that time we also jumped from high temps of 60s to high of 80s, so it dries up everything faster.

Looks like my Redbud tree died :(

It bounced back - but somewhat late - after the deep freeze, then we got that other cold that killed all my fruit flowers, and it still bounced back, but now all the green leaves have gone crispy and dry, and it's NOT because of dry weather, because it's rained more than usual. Maybe the gophers/ moles / whatever ate the roots :(

Dangnabit :(

I love watching the wildlife videos too. So much variety and the clips of the deer are really sharp images. You definitely get. A lot of variety.

Taking the grandson to the aquarium this morning then meeting up with one of my cousins who lives out here that I’ve never really met IRL. I think we met when I was about 6 years old, but that’s like never meeting because who remembers that far back with any clarity :)

I guess one plus about desert heat is it’s making me drink water. I hate drinking water but yuck on the heat. Still slated for temps >110F by this weekend. Had fun inside at the aquarium today. Not many photos. Mostly just took photos for my dtr with my cell phone due to lighting issues. 

We're supposed to get to 90F today, and it's CLOUDY, so I'm guessing it'll be humid. Ohh, just looked at the other forecast - heat index at 103F later on - yeah, this will be the first hot hot and muggy of the year. I'm sure the horses won't be happy, as it's been kinda cool so far and now we jump directly to hot and steamy.

Sheila - it's great not to ALWAYS need t worry about the pics, but just enjoy the moment, especially with a little kid. Leave the camera home and have fun :)

Leaving the camera at home is probably pushing the boundaries of my abilities, but I haven’t been taking it out of the bag very often. LOL. Mostly doing fun stuff for my daughter. I don’t do well setting up people stock shoots. Sometimes I end up with something that can work for stock too, and I’m ok with that. I’m here to help and have fun. Not a working trip :)

I hope you guys don’t get too hot there Sari. I’ll take a dry heat over humidity any day.