• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I may as well reveal what I made at that cruise ship market here on Kangaroo Island. The amount was $230. I'm sure that other market stall owners made record earnings as well. There's also a chance th

Posted Images

four foot parsley.. Wow! I'm lucky if mine gets to 2 feet. I think the tallest I've seen it get is about 18" Probably not the best soil.

Wendy, they look kind of like this. The one only had three trunks. The ones in the center island had 5 and now I've got dozens growing up in that spot (really need to get rid of the stump). They have thorns on the prongs where you'd cut them and if I get stabbed with those, even through the gloves, the area swells and becomes red and quite painful. What ever they have on them, I seem to be hypersensitive to them.

1847522921_ScreenShot2021-05-20at7_46_29AM.thumb.png.5af342d368f5a5f0ecc873c82ce99815.png

taking kittens in for their first set of shots and deworming today. Just cleaned out their playpen. Man was it a mess despite having towels and pads in the bottom. had to take it out back to hose it out. Fortunately they seem to be doing better on their consistency in using the litter boxes. Although the little one needs to learn to lift his tail as it's crusted in poop most mornings.

Yeah, the queen palms can be quite dangerous. We have one of those out back too, but it's fairly healthy looking.  I have to cut the prongs of that (I try to keep up with cutting them at least once/year. It's a chore since it's kind of tall). These other ones, they're not that tall. The bigger ones I removed last year were about 12 feet tall. Those were the biggest. These ones were only about 6-7 feet tall. And the one remaining is about a foot to a foot and a half. Just enough to be annoying IMO. LOL. The bigger problem is with the larger ones, the base is huge. So the stump that needs to be removed is actually from about six trees, but they all merge into one stump. About four feed wide on the longer side and three feet wide on the shorter side. So needless to say, that's a lot of stump. I asked my friend if her son has a chainsaw I can borrow, but she hasn't gotten back to me yet.

And the kittens are doing better actually using the litter box, so the mess isn't quite as bad. I really haven't done any imagery with them for almost a week now too. Really need to get in gear and get a shot list set up and start working on it. Need to make a list of occasions so I can figure out what categories I still need to do greeting cards for and shoot to those categories. Finished KT's baby blanket today (posted a photo on facebook) so at least that's done and I won't have to worry about not having it finished before the baby arrives. I've been spending a lot of time working on that this past week to get it assembled then took a few days to do the edge work (would go faster with fewer interruptions, but we work with what we have)

Interruptions are usual with family around Sheila. Well done on getting the blanket done. I have to get a birthday pillow done for one of the extended family. It seems to have become my "thing" lol!  I think havimng something that big in a smallish yard would be annoying.

Yeah, the palm trees definitely limit useable space in ones small city backyard.

Decided to use part of last months earnings to upgrade to the GoPro Hero 9. It'll take 20 MB images too. Just need to figure out how to turn off the beeping sounds in settings. No need to draw undue attn to myself. LOL. If I'm going to be using a camera that small, it's likely I'm trying to be covert. Hoping to use it to get some fun video with the grandson in a few weeks too. Since we'll likely be spending a lot of time at the pool and it's water proof to 33 feet. Triple digit temps in Arizona already most days from what i'm hearing. Might have to find myself a new bathing suit.

Sari, he got cruddy after the first one, but so far not feeling anything after the second one. Maybe a bit tired that night but otherwise he's been going full steam like nothing happened so it doesn't seem to be affecting him. I started having headache and body aches low grade fever about 12-18 hrs after the second shot. Lasted about 2 days but wasn't very bad since I was taking Tylenol twice/day. I still went to work the next day. Just had a headache. My dtr just had low grade fever and body aches for about 12 hours which started about 12 hours after the second shot.

19 hours ago, Wendy Townrow said:

I am still to have the shot ... booked in ... but if there is no supply I will have to wait

Hopefully they'll have adequate supply when your appointment comes up. Fingers crossed.

20 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

OK, I guess I'll just have to see what the reaction is, if any.  My arm is sore already, as it was with the first shot.

Oh, yeah, day 6 that we were supposed to get thunder originally, and still none -- LOL!!!!!! :D

Hope you didn't have any major reactions!

I was going to go to a protest rally in the city today but decided I'm just not up to it. The wind is picking up and I'm finally getting a handle on the sinus symptoms from my last major allergy flair up so I'd rather not be out on a windy day (although the mask does help). So I ran errands instead so far today. one of the backup batteries I got for the new GoPro was the wrong one (for the 7 instead of the 9) so I had to return that anyway and hit the pet store. ran into a lady while returning that and got to talking while waiting in line and come to find out she needs product shots for stuff she's created (she took photos with her phone but they weren't all that great) so I agreed to meet up with her to do some product shots  for her. At least with those I can just use a few steady lights to get the lighting right as the subject isn't going to move so my shutter speed can be pretty slow. Definitely easier than doing people shots :) 

Sari, the sore arm is pretty typical with every shot. Very few people have told me they didn't get a sore arm, and I think they just have a higher pain tolerance than most. Mine only really hurt when it was touched. otherwise I really didn't notice it.

Yeah, I figure it's a good opportunity and networking potential too.

6 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Sari, the sore arm is pretty typical with every shot. Very few people have told me they didn't get a sore arm, and I think they just have a higher pain tolerance than most. Mine only really hurt when it was touched. otherwise I really didn't notice it.

Yeah, I figure it's a good opportunity and networking potential too.

I got the sore arm with the first shot (Moderna) but that was a couple of days after I received it. Lasted for an afternoon and evening. Second shot I had a small bruise where the needle went in but no sore arm that I can remember.

Bad allergies here in Massachusetts. Popping the Allegra but, even with that, yesterday was miserable.

Had to take my camera in the get the sensor cleaned. Tried doing it myself but not a success. Fortunately, I was smart enough not to damage it. Two lessons: 1) some thing are better done by professionals and 2) need another camera as backup.

Granddaughter arrived yesterday. She is two and accompanied by her parents but who cares about them :) She is here for a week so I definitely hope to get my camera back on Monday. 

Sister-in-law getting better. Now allowed to put weight on her ankle - "as tolerated" - so still not very mobile.

I agree, cameras are best left for pros to cleanup. I should take mine in again.

My g'daughter turns 2 next month, and I've yet to see her IRL. I get to see her on video chats every once in a while, though, and she's a riot :D

A while back I got a video of her where she had to carefully think how to conjugate some words to get them right, and when she realized she was causing her parents to crack up, her eyes flashed with inspiration and she doubled down on her efforts while debating her point fiercely. It was beyond hilarious, and I keep watching the video every day, LOL! :D

Then another time I was talking to my son and her on video chat, and she had been naughty earlier and gotten her shirt wet by spitting her milk out. I told her she shouldn't do that because it was not nice and she was wasting her milk. About 20 minutes later while I'm talking to my son, she looks up and says "Gramma said I can't spit out my milk!" I about died laughing :D

LOL Sari. Grand kids are great :)  I don't get to see ours very often,, but I definitely enjoy every minute of it.

Charles, too funny on the parents not being important. Kids are definitely the most fun to hang with :D 

We went to scout out the spot our photo club has chosen to shoot the upcoming super moon on Wednesday using the city as a backdrop. I can't say I like the spot. Treasure island and the bridge are more of a foreground from there than the city is. So my photo buddy and I have decided to use a different spot. I'm glad we went to find the place ahead of time. I'd have been dissappointed if I'd gotten up at 4AM to go shoot there. hopefully we don't have a heavy marine layer to start out the day or it'll all be a moot point anyway.

I thought Sebastian chased Jasmine out the back door tonight, but I guess he heard either a racoon or a possum out there because what ever he was after, it got him. He has three puncture marks on one leg and one on the other and a bloody lower lip. Called the emergency clinic and they said they're backed up and we'd have to wait for at least 6 hours, so i guess we'll just hang tight and see the regular vet in the morning. At least he just had a recent rabies shot (about a month ago) and he's current on all his other vaccines. Darn vermin invading his yard. At least it wasn't Jasmine. The entire encounter sounded rather vicious so we were afraid he had tried to kill her (all four of us went running outside to see WTH was up). :( 

Sheila if the options are a possum or a raccoon, it was probably a raccoon. Possums will play dead rather than attack. Raccoons are really vicious, too, and carry all kinds of diseases, so hopefully your vet will make sure Sebastian will be fine.

Our moon won't be shot as it will be cloudy / rainy here again - or still, LOL!

Yeah, I got him an appointment for today but it's not til this afternoon.. He didn't learn much from the experience I guess because he ran after something else this morning. There is some fruit droppings from the peach and apple trees (thanks to the squirrels, they shake them down running through them) so I guess I should go clean all that up to decrease what ever is encouraging the critter(s) to come into the back yard. He seems to be fine otherwise. Licking his front arm wounds but not incessantly. They'll probably have to do a few stitches on his lower jaw. It's got a tear. Still bleeding a bit this morning.

Our weather report says cloudy for Wednesday too so I'll have to wait to see if we get any visual of the moon at all. Usually a pretty heavy marine layer in the morning when they say cloudy, but the weather reports seem to change constantly as the winds change.