The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

Videos are getting clogged up in the review process too. I've got 8 stuck in there right now from various submission dates. Ones submitted after them have been reviewed already. Each batch 1-3 more get stuck. It's ridiculous.

There's a bold squirrel in our neighborhood. He's just sitting on the fence looking at the dog, who is barking at it incessantly. It seems to know the dog can't reach it. I'm sure my neighbors are starting to get annoyed :( 

• Replies 46.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I may as well reveal what I made at that cruise ship market here on Kangaroo Island. The amount was $230. I'm sure that other market stall owners made record earnings as well. There's also a chance th

Posted Images

I had that problem with videos getting stuck in the queue when I last submitted, but that was several weeks ago. Some would go through, some get stuck, and then others submitted later would get reviewed, and the stuck ones would still be stuck. They'd eventually clear in a couple more days.

I have some videos to submit again, but I haven't had a chance even look at them yet for editing, it seems nowadays I just don't have time for anything. I'd need 48 hour days to get started 😐

I DID however, get a pic of Bob that I planned to use for a Mother's Day card for my Mom. The whole process was harder than it needed to be, starting with  - there are almost no wildflowers yet, as everything is so late; normally we'd have LOTS of different ones by now.

I got it done, though, and while it's not stellar, it's cute enough, and that's all I need :P

Might even edit a couple of them for stock IF I ever get a chance.. ha ha haaaa...

We had a squirrel in the front yard a few hours ago - normally they're smart enough to stay away because Bob WILL get them, but this one must have a death wish. Bob's been sitting under the tree for a while now...... well, except for the break she got when working the pics with me :P

Sari, yeah, I had some stuck last week that finally went through too. These ones seem to be taking longer. I'm just leaving them there to see what happens. Haven't looked at the dates to see how long they've really been stuck yet.

I know the squirrels are mainly trying to get to the bird feeder, which I moved more under the patio cover so I thought they couldn't get to it. But this particular squirrel was apparently quite motivated. When I went back out there, the squirrel was in the feeder and Ariel was on the roof of the patio looking at it. Then Sebastian on the ground under it. But the squirrel didn't seem too perturbed about it all. Just sat there munching away. I'm sure it jumped down to the ground and scurried up the tree after the dog went in the house because I never heard any squealing from the back yard and the dog was following me around. We have the. neighbors grey and white tabby hanging out on our patio cover today. Seems to be the popular sunning spot. Ariel hangs out in that area usually too. She rarely wanders out of our yard. 

Kittens are doing good. Starting to play more in the little playpen enclosure they sent with them. I really like these enclosures. Makes it easier to confine the mess and keep track of all the kittens, esp with a bigger group like this. Starting to do photo sessions with them too. They're comfortable enough to wander all over the "set" so some of them are definitely easier to work with than others. LOL. 

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. My dtr and her boyfriend in So Cal sent me a tripod for M Day. Nice surprise yesterday in the mail. I sent my oldest a fruit bouquet (minus the strawberries since she's allergic). My grandson thought they were candy because they were all on sticks but promptly decided he didn't want it once he realized it was fruit. LOL.

The commercial clips finally cleared through the log jam in review, but the editorial don't seem to be. Have one that was submitted 4/28 that's still stuck and the other one from a week or so ago. The similars police are out in full force too. Had a bunch of images rejected for similars when the only similar was the same "model" and probably because the background color was the same. All the scenes were totally different.

I hope y'all had a great Mothers Day!

Sheila - the similar police is just a giant waste of time and resources the way it is now - there's no sense whatsoever in rejecting footage like that as the AI is just not smart enough to tell the obvious differences.

Your daughter has some retraining to do, re: that g'son of yours, haha :P

He should be eating the fruit FIRST and leave candy behind ;)

I finally got this done after I had to rescue the files -

LOL Sari. Yeah, he's on the edge of the autism spectrum so they've been working with him eating pretty much anything (other than french fries and chicken nuggets - he won't eat the chicken nuggets anymore either apparently). My son had the same quirky food issues when he was younger (he's also on the autism spectrum, more so than the grandson is I think) so we'll see how it goes. My son is still a picky eater, but he's expanded quite a bit over time.

had to trim back some of my herbs as the copper tape on the pots seems to be working to keep the slugs out of them, so I didn't want them having a route via the herbs growing next to the pots. Now my hands smell like rosemary. could be worse :) 

The biggest issue with the similars rejections (other than the frustration) is it really depends on who's reviewing. There's no consistency. one reviewer might accept all the variations while another will reject all but one. Submitting one file at a time is definitely a freaking waste of time. One of the ones accepted sold within an hour or so. Makes one wonder what else would've sold if it had been (IMO) properly reviewed. Sales are pretty slim pickings lately. Gotta get em when one can.

the limping coyote, is that a permanent injury? Seems to me you had video with it limping months ago. I'm guessing it didn't heal properly or it's another coyote with a new injury? Great clip. So weird to hear nature sounds without the background noise of traffic and airplanes.

Another cool vid Sari, glad you were able to rescue them :)

Sheila I didnt realise that the GS was on the edge of the spectrum. I think all kids are picky eaters at that age lol.

I want to get some rosemary ... the challenge will be keeping bigger stuff than slugs out it lol

The similar police annoy the crud out of me as half the time the images are not similar at all!

Sheila - yes, the limping coyote lost a piece of her paw in a trap,  so yeah it's permanent. It looks like her pack is taking care of her, though.

Wendy - I still have thousands of files to go through, rename and re-arrange. I've only gone through maybe 150 or so. It's just too daunting to think about 😮

8 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

Sheila - yes, the limping coyote lost a piece of her paw in a trap,  so yeah it's permanent. It looks like her pack is taking care of her, though.

Wendy - I still have thousands of files to go through, rename and re-arrange. I've only gone through maybe 150 or so. It's just too daunting to think about 😮

Sympathies Sari, but at least you did not lose them all. That is so cool that the pack is looking after the lame coyote.

wow, you get a lot of hummingbirds. The ones around here are so territorial they chase everyone away from the flowers so we only really get one at a time in the frame. Sometimes (rarely) two (usually when they're fighting over the spot).

Wendy I ordered some copper tape online (it actually adheres like tape) and used that around the edges of the pots I'm using as raised planter beds and it seems to be quite effective keeping the snails and slugs out. The one planter I had pots in before, everything was eaten within days of putting them in there, but the bell peppers I just trans planted into those pots after putting on the copper tape, no damage at all. 

Yeah, we usually have one feeder that's their favorite, and it stays covered up, especially if there's rain coming. The other feeders have fewer birds, but it's not unusual for them to have several Hummers, too.

I have five feeders out right now, and will probably increase the number to seven or so in the next weeks.

The tiniest kitten in this batch died in her sleep last night. She was still in rigor when I found her this morning. I'm very sad to have found her that way morning. We even did some photo sessions a few days ago. She was just as spunky as the rest of them are, climbing up the side of the playpen demanding attention and was eating well. :( 

portrait-adorable-black-tan-tabby-600w-1

I took a video of them playing so I could show the shelter they really are healthy and happy and active. The little one that passed was just as active as these four yesterday so it was quite the shock, but yeah. One never knows what challenges they had and she was not quite half a pound so very tiny for her age. The other two small ones are just over half a pound and the larger two are just over a pound. Not as concerned about the bigger ones. Once they reach one pound, they're pretty sure to make it. I'm so spoiled by usually having the moms with the babies so the success rate was always higher for me before.