The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

Wendy - not planning on that :D but yeah, that was upsetting and agonizing. The first panic was overwhelming, before I made myself calm down and look for ways to fix it. Luckily my daughter was online, so she supported me through the ordeal as well as passed me a good link through which I could start fixing my F***up.

I do have those files backed up to some extent, but likely nothing newer than a year (oops, yeah). So none of the newer trailcam videos.

My biggest problem is that I haven't been able to come up with a "backup" system I WANT - sure there are backups, but I'd want a system that works in a particular way, so if something happened I could just grab it and keep going, without having to restore anything in between. That's why I don't have a good system set up. Also, not sure if the backup drive I have currently is even big enough to house all the files I want, I haven't checked it in a ...... LONG time.

SS has another bug with reviews -  I have videos that are showing both approved and pending at the same time. Looks like a lot of people have the same problem, too.

• Replies 46.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

Wendy, if you are Sari, who is Sari today :-)

Posted Images

The video uploading has bugs too. I have a clip that says it can't upload for some reason in this last batch from yesterday. Video reviews are taking longer again too :( 

Sorry to hear about your computer issues Sari. I just did a back up again but i"m down to one back up hard drive again because the other one is almost full and it has some corrupted files? If I try to scan through using thumbnail view, the hard drive crashes. My husband looked at it briefly and said something about a few of the downloads are corrupted and I need to figure out which ones and remove those ones. Computers can be quite frustrating. Not happy with my back up system either but it's what I have for now so I try to be diligent about back up stuff every month or so (more often than not, it's longer inbetween).

Sheila - if the upload system repeatedly says it can't upload a file, I'd take that one, open it in your editing software, and then save it with another name and see if that one goes through.

I need to get an external hard drive or two and get some kind of system going and keep it updated.  I just have to figure out how to implement the system I want.

It's cold and soggy here, we're at 51F and it's colder than crap in the house because it's cloudy and there is no sun to warm up the house. All the firewood is wet because it's been raining for three days and I didn't prepare because I didn't expect it to be "this" cold.

Hopefully tomorrow is warmer.

5 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

Sheila - if the upload system repeatedly says it can't upload a file, I'd take that one, open it in your editing software, and then save it with another name and see if that one goes through.

Thanks Sari. I'll try this. We've been having issues with the internet so I can't upload til my husband is done working because my uploads are causing him not to be able to work as well. First world problems :( 

On an up note, I've had a sale on P5 three days in a row. Hoping this is a new trend but seeing as we are going into a weekend, not holding my breath. they apparently cash out twice/month too. I seem to be getting payments from them about every 15 days (at the end of the month and on the 15th of each month).

@Sari ONeal you were right. What ever the issue was, reprocessing the clip fixed it. It finally uploaded. Have two clips stuck in review now too. The rest were reviewed but there are two still in queue. Going to give them a few days before I delete and reupload JIC. I figure if the one I just uploaded gets reviewed and these two are still stuck then I'll need to upload. PITA system they've got running here unfortunately.

This is Spice, the barn cat --

she's really small; the other day I had Sissy out in harness, and while Sissy is a small cat, Spice is still clearly smaller.

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-1070773624-beautiful-black-orange-tortie-cat-eating-spring

She has become much braver and hangs out on the porch. I have to keep her and Sugar, the shop cat, separated, though, because Sugar is aggressive towards her, as well as much bigger. So they get outdoor time in half days - Spice goes out in the morning, Sugar goes out in the afternoon.

Sheila did you check if those stuck videos went through review? The few videos I had yesterday in queue that also showed having been through review finally stopped showing in pending, and got into my port, but the three I added later yesterday are  - again - showing both pending and approved. They won't show in my port, though, until they stop showing pending.

Cute cat Sari. She looks a lot like our Jasmine. It seems torties tend to run smaller than most cats. Jasmine is pretty small too. She is a fraction of the size Nemo was (but he was a big cat too). Ariel is quite a bit bigger than her as well, but Jasnine is more aggressive than Ariel is (we try to keep them separated for that reason).

The videos were in both the waiting queue and the reviewed section this morning up until a few minutes ago when they finally left the waiting for review queue. All four of them did that (the two that didn't go through with the initial batch and the two I added to the queue). They're still not active in my portfolio yet though. I'm guessing someone at SS is tinkering with the codes again. If it'd give me larger and more downloads, I wouldn't be annoyed with it. But again, not like there's anything we can do about it. Very sorry to see that Kate left. Not surprising though as I'm sure she's tired of being the target for so many angry contributors, but I was able to actually get ahold of her when I had a concern or issue and she'd shoot it up to the right spot to get it resolved. Now there won't even be that possibility. Plus she is a nice person. I met her IRL when I did my tour of SS when we were in NY a few years ago.

Wendy, she started a thread in the chat a day or so ago. I think it was Thursday. Looks like it was probably less than an hour before the end of her last day. I'm sure there are rules at SS about not telling people these things ahead of time. Her name is now red so I'm guessing she can't post anymore either unless she were to open up a new account name (and there's no reason for her to do that so there just won't be anymore comments from her in that thread). We seem to lose all the good ones :(

Doing some gardening today. The camellias only seem to be available in the huge containers and they're over $30 a pop so I decided to google how to start new plants from cuttings and went through that process about an hour ago. Took video but no photos (cant be in multiple places at once). Hopefully I get a few usable clips and hopefully they root! I did twice what I need to finish landscaping the front yard area JIC they don't all do well. Amazing how much water the peat moss and sand mixture can hold. It says to use a 50/50 ratio on that and when I put the water in, it took a lot before it trickled out. I don't have the hot house condition they say to keep them in while they root so hopefully my kitchen window sill will have to do (although that gets direct sunlight in the mornings so hopefully that's not too much for them to handle as they prefer shade).

So tired of SS's F'd up uploader and the FTPS not working. Even reprocessing the clips, they won't upload. Giving up and just uploading to Adobe and P5 for now. Wasted a whole day on this for nothing. And I can't upload during the week when my husband is working because our bandwidth won't handle it

15 minutes ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

So tired of SS's F'd up uploader and the FTPS not working. Even reprocessing the clips, they won't upload. Giving up and just uploading to Adobe and P5 for now. Wasted a whole day on this for nothing. And I can't upload during the week when my husband is working because our bandwidth won't handle it

not good :(

Sheila can you look into if TMobile home internet is available in your area; it's $60 per month, but IF it works so you get a good fast connection, you could have your own dedicated system and you wouldn't hit the frustration ceiling when you need to upload stuff.

We're supposed to get another cold snap again early Wednesday morning, with freeze / frost. Last time it damaged several of my plants despite me trying to cover them up, and now they've tried to grow a little, and another one is gonna hit them.

Saw the first Hummingbird of the season yesterday evening. There are NO flowers anywhere, I don't know how they can survive right now 😮

we have quite a few hummingbirds here, but a lot of flowers are already blooming as well. Warmer weather as we've had a "hot spell" (which means temps in the 70's). Today is much cooler as it was 66F in the house this morning. Which probably isn't great for my cuttings I'm trying to get to grow in the kitchen window area. Sun is just starting to break through the marine layer now.

@Sari ONeal how long did it take for your stuck video clips to process into your port the last time around? Mine are going on three days now. they cleared out of the waiting queue but are still not showing up in my port. I figure until those clear I won't try to upload anymore since the uploads are not processing. Totally forgot I used my gopro when I went into the city for the last protest rally thing too. So I just went through that footage as well. Lots to upload now. 

I think the first stuck set went through in two days, and the 2nd set is still stuck, it's been two days. Maybe, hopefully, they'll be through by tomorrow.

The weather people are threatening with snow tomorrow, I hope it stays farther up north!!  😮

Still under freeze watch for Wednesday morning.

Bummer for the newly developing plants sari. I'm sure they got quite the shock from the cold :( I'm still having plants dissapear from my garden. Eaten all the way to the ground. Thinking it might be slugs but having issues with putting anything out for them since the dog and cats are into everything too. And still no word back from SS on why videos won't upload. Mostly working on crafting projects to kill time. the shelter had someone donate a ton of bedspreads, but they're way to big for the kennels as is.. So they gave me three of the full size comforters to cut up and sew. Each one is being cut into four. Locked up my serger on the first one as some of the padding went through the machine (being really careful not to let that happen again - took me about 2o min to get the machine to work again but it'll need to go in for a good cleaning and adjustment by a professional now). Done cutting and serging all the edges and finished doing the finishing hem on two of them. Taking a break as that's a bit exhausting after a few hours. So I'm only working on them about 2 hours per day.

Wendy, thanks. I think I did bend something but I was able to get it loosened up enough to finish this current project anyway. About 75% done with the finishing edges on the regular machine. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pin the hems, but because of the way the material folds over, I'm having to take the time to pin them after all so it's taking a bit more time because of that step. The padding in the bedspreads makes it a bit of a challenge, but the regular sewing machine isn't having any issues going through that since it's not dense, just thick (not like having to sew through leather). I only have 3 more to finish out of 12 so hopefully I'll get those done tonight. Did 5 or 6 this morning so taking a break. If it was a paid project, I'd put more energy into it :D 

3 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Wendy, thanks. I think I did bend something but I was able to get it loosened up enough to finish this current project anyway. About 75% done with the finishing edges on the regular machine. I was hoping I wouldn't have to pin the hems, but because of the way the material folds over, I'm having to take the time to pin them after all so it's taking a bit more time because of that step. The padding in the bedspreads makes it a bit of a challenge, but the regular sewing machine isn't having any issues going through that since it's not dense, just thick (not like having to sew through leather). I only have 3 more to finish out of 12 so hopefully I'll get those done tonight. Did 5 or 6 this morning so taking a break. If it was a paid project, I'd put more energy into it :D 

I do understand ... my sewing machine (one of the newer variety) does not like thick stuff, it keeps complaining the presser foot is not down.

Hopefully the serger is ok:)

Kitty hates it when I have her do photo sessions, but she's quite good at it. LOL. Mostly she hates that I have to clean the crud from her nose. She sticks her nose into everything so there's always a ring of dirt around the nostrils. Not so photogenic. got bored yesterday so we did a few minutes worth on my isolation table.

white-kitten-heterochromia-oddeyed-one-6

Just adopted a Persian kitten (Jesse) yesterday. He's so adorable and tiny. Not 10 weeks old yet. He's actually a relative of Simba my other Persian who sadly passed away in December which left us heart broken. Jesse's great grandfather is Simba's grandfather and was the only boy in two litters from the only cattery we know still breeding Simba's bloodline so fortunate to secure him. He's got a designated room to himself while we gradually introduce him to the household which includes another Persian cat Misty. Took these photos just for Facebook, so no studio setup or lights just camera and lens.

Jesse Prince 1.jpg

Jesse Prince 2.jpg

Jesse Prince 3.jpg

Jesse Prince 4.jpg

Jesse Prince 5.jpg

Jesse Prince 6.jpg

Jesse Prince 7.jpg

Jesse Prince 8.jpg

Jesse Prince 9.jpg