• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I've definitely been floored by the whole thing. Trying to keep up with reading the thread about it, but gave up around page 72. I agree that if we have to start at the bottom every January, they shou

Posted Images

Wendy, I feel your pain. Must be hard with such low commissions. To be honest, I'm not sure if I made the right decision switching off my ports. Sure, I have put an end to the pathetically low commissions but pretty much all the other stock agencies are dead to me at the moment. No sales for ages from anywhere. 0 stock income.

3 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Wendy, I feel your pain. Must be hard with such low commissions. To be honest, I'm not sure if I made the right decision switching off my ports. Sure, I have put an end to the pathetically low commissions but pretty much all the other stock agencies are dead to me at the moment. No sales for ages from anywhere. 0 stock income.

I think that sums it up Patrick ....

By the way, Ive almost finished this original board game of mine. It has taken so long to do (all the artwork, making cards, gluing etc.) I did most of it the old fashioned way too (pencil on paper / cardboard) which no doubt contributed to the huge amount of time. I believe some people do a lot of board game artwork with computer programs these days (maybe I should have gone that route!) 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

By the way, Ive almost finished this original board game of mine. It has taken so long to do (all the artwork, making cards, gluing etc.) I did most of it the old fashioned way too (pencil on paper / cardboard) which no doubt contributed to the huge amount of time. I believe some people do a lot of board game artwork with computer programs these days (maybe I should have gone that route!) 

well done Patrick .... I think sometimes it is best to do it the way you are most comfortable with ....

My motivation sounds like this:

Last time I downloaded pics from my "real" camera - mid December

Last time I downloaded pics from my GoPro - last day of December

Of course my trail cams don't count, because they get checked and downloaded daily if there's anything worth keeping, and they almost never have anything to do with stock, anyway.

I *did* upload some videos and I need to keyword them sometime later.

Finally finished the board game Ive been designing and gave it a play with another family member tonight. One negative aspect I was anticipating was the set up time and I was certainly right about that. The board is composed of a huge number of removable tiles / pieces and it took an insanely long time to put it all together. Very off putting.

And on to the game play, some things worked as they should though there are also clear issues. Some aspects of the game are awkward. There's a guy who designs and publishes board games for a living and whenever he play tests a new game for the first time, he knows that there will be problems and it won't be a great experience for the players. So this is to be expected. 

By the way, what I created was a cooperative game (some modern board games use this concept.) With the majority of board games, the players are competing against each other. Though with cooperative games, the players are working together as a team to defeat whatever the game throws at you. So with these kinds of games, everyone wins or everyone loses. Well with this game of mine that we played tonight, we lost! It was too tough. 

I have spent so long working on this game. Though after playing tonight, I want to take a long break from it. Maybe I'll revisit one day. 

It's been a while since I shared images from our critter cam. This is partly because we were away for a while, partly because day time visitors are fairly rare and the night shots aren't great and partly because I only want to share good shots. 

We have had Javelina, Coyotes, Racoons, Rabbits and Bobcats on our critter cam. However, I thought this image was worth sharing:

WGI_0003.jpg

On 2/1/2021 at 6:04 PM, Patrick Cooper said:

Don't worry Patrick, you're definitely not missing out on anything. It's getting bad out there. I'm finding it's worse this year than at any time last year, and that's for SS and the other sites as well. Hoping things pick up.  

Charles, is that Robins and Waxwings?

That deer capture is nice, too :)

I had two of my trail cams out of commission because the PIR lens broke on them, then I got one fixed, and yesterday it turned out the other got broken even more when trying to replace the lens; so that one is probably going in trash :( I ordered a new one to replace it.

Patrick you have a great drive to create new things, but it's a good idea to step back before revisiting the work. Let your subconscious work on it for a while, it might come up with something that will be helpful :)

3 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

Charles, is that Robins and Waxwings?

That deer capture is nice, too :)

Sari

I'm not sure of all the species of bird. I know there have been spotted Towhees, curved bill Thrasher, a woodpecker, Arizona bluebirds and Cardinals. We also had a Roadrunner hanging around. I'm sure there are others I haven't recognized. 

The two on the right side definitely look like the American Robins. We get tons of them here in the spring and summer. Not so many right now. I can't see the others clearly enough, but then, I'm not up on very many species of birds either. The ones I know are because of my time volunteering with Audubon (and that's mainly water birds) and the birds I've photographed because I had to ID them after the fact. I use my bird id app to help me when it's working.

I clicked on it once, but didn't realize if you clicked on it more it would open up in a new screen. Good to know. Thanks :) 

Went to the park in Oakland where the ladybugs hang out in the winter. Didn't realize the plant they're on is like a cactus. My finger still hurts. I was moving branches around to get a better angle. Stupid mistake. It's been hours and it's still burning :( 

So, I've apparently earned a one year free subscripton from Adobe for one of the following apps. Creative Cloud Photography plan with 20GB, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere Pro or After Effects. Now I just need to decide which one I want to download and try to learn to use. I have CS6, so I don't need the photo program. Thinking Illustrator is a bit complicated to learn right now with everything else I need to do. So I'm gravitating towards Premiere Pro, but I don't do a lot of editing to my video before I submit so not sure if I'd use it a lot either. I had the free one year of creative cloud last year that I never cashed in. Figure I should at least give it a go this year on one of the apps to see if its worth it. Esp since it'd be free.