• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I've definitely been floored by the whole thing. Trying to keep up with reading the thread about it, but gave up around page 72. I agree that if we have to start at the bottom every January, they shou

Posted Images

Well, the "atmospheric river" we received last night was accompanied by high winds that ripped the rain gutter down spout right off the wall on our side yard (two stories high) and tossed it across the yard. Bent a bit on the fence, but it's still intact (repairable). @Jeffrey B. Banke you still know any handyman repairmen type people in the area who'd be willing to work on the island you can refer? I still don't have anyone for basic repairs like this and I have a growing list of things that need to be done (this just shot to the top of the list). Feel free to PM, email or text me :D 

LOL Jeff, I'm not surprised you are an Apple fan. I'm pretty sure I would have a different opinion on them if I was in the same boat. I'm so glad you are doing soooo well with them! Totally brilliant! :D 
Donkey's years ago (back in the dark ages) I bought a heap of music from iTunes, downloaded onto my PC only to find I couldn't play it anywhere else because I  didn't have any Apple products. That teed me off so much I never even looked at anything to do with Apple again!

Snows gone now, missed my opportunity to shoot it. I'm not at all on the ball these days.

Well done on the level up Sheila! I'm still limping along on level 2. 

Not too long ago, I was viewing a water sample with my microscope and came across an organism which I recognised. Ive come across them before but this was the first time that Ive recorded footage of one. They're extremely fast - quite possibly the fastest microscopic organism. I should be able to upload the footage fairly soon. 

5 hours ago, Linda Bestwick said:

LOL Jeff, I'm not surprised you are an Apple fan. I'm pretty sure I would have a different opinion on them if I was in the same boat. I'm so glad you are doing soooo well with them! Totally brilliant! :D 
Donkey's years ago (back in the dark ages) I bought a heap of music from iTunes, downloaded onto my PC only to find I couldn't play it anywhere else because I  didn't have any Apple products. That teed me off so much I never even looked at anything to do with Apple again!

Snows gone now, missed my opportunity to shoot it. I'm not at all on the ball these days.

Well done on the level up Sheila! I'm still limping along on level 2. 

Pretty sure you can get itunes on a Windows OS computer and play your music then

7 minutes ago, Jeffrey B. Banke said:

Pretty sure you can get itunes on a Windows OS computer and play your music then

Yeh, they would play on the PC I downloaded them onto, but couldn't play them on anything else. Probably the file extension? I don't really remember, except they wouldn't play on anything else I had at the time. There's probably a work around, or may be it's ok now, but back then I just had a hissy fit and kicked Apple into touch lol. 

I just got my first 34¢ video sale today. That's by far the lowest I've made on a video sale and painful to look at :( 

I guess the fact that I had the iPhone and the mac, i never had any issues (major anyway) with music or movies I downloaded. They don't let me sync my iphone with my desktop library anymore. Everything has to be done on the cloud, and I don't want to pay for their cloud services, so the only thing I can play on the phone now is what I download directly to the phone. I think not being able to backup to the desktop is selfish on their part. 

The 26 cent video sale I had earlier this month was truly painful.

I finally got some better value image sales today, got an EL and a SOD that was just a little less than the EL. The other day y'all were talking about ELs I checked mine and I had gone Nov and Dec without any, after getting four in October. I'd like to see more of them again...

I get more large SOD sales than ELs. Congrats on the larger sales today Sari. Hopefully that'll kick the quantity of the larger sales into motion.

I've been spending half of every day drawing. I think I'm going blind. LOL. Hard to focus after looking at the screen for so long. I have to take my glasses off and just put the screen closer to my face. Even with my contacts (which are supposed to be multi Rx so for both close up and distance) I can't see the close up well enough to draw.

14 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

I just got my first 34¢ video sale today. That's by far the lowest I've made on a video sale and painful to look at :( 

I guess the fact that I had the iPhone and the mac, i never had any issues (major anyway) with music or movies I downloaded. They don't let me sync my iphone with my desktop library anymore. Everything has to be done on the cloud, and I don't want to pay for their cloud services, so the only thing I can play on the phone now is what I download directly to the phone. I think not being able to backup to the desktop is selfish on their part. 

Yeh, it's this sort of thing that puts me of them.

Ugh, that video sale is awful :( ... Ugh, and yours is even worse Sari :( Flippin' rubbish.

How do you find time to draw for half the day Sheila. I'm convinced you don't sleep LOL!

Well, sleep is over rated anyway isn't it? LOL. I rarely get more than 6 hrs/night of sleep. And my house could definitely be cleaner than it is if I spent more time actually cleaning (the amt of dust that accumulates here is mind boggling). The review time for the greeting card site is in the weeks so it's really frustrating because I don't even know if they're going to accept what I've submitted yet. They're much more strict than any of the stock sites. It's rare for anything to get accepted on first submission. 80% of the time they're returned for edits. Sometimes minor edits like a comma is missing in the text but sometimes a long list of what they feel needs to be done to improve the card and increase marketability.

5 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Well, sleep is over rated anyway isn't it? LOL. I rarely get more than 6 hrs/night of sleep. And my house could definitely be cleaner than it is if I spent more time actually cleaning (the amt of dust that accumulates here is mind boggling). The review time for the greeting card site is in the weeks so it's really frustrating because I don't even know if they're going to accept what I've submitted yet. They're much more strict than any of the stock sites. It's rare for anything to get accepted on first submission. 80% of the time they're returned for edits. Sometimes minor edits like a comma is missing in the text but sometimes a long list of what they feel needs to be done to improve the card and increase marketability.

a tidy house is the sign of a broken computer isnt it?

Jeff I know what you mean ....

I've had the weirdest week on AS; most days I've  had way more DLs than my normal, but yesterday I only had one sale. Like it's been HOTTT all week, and yesterday it went freezing, LOL!

Got four sales on Alamy this month, but nothing spectacular. Had another (but small) EL here today.

Sheila - now that kinda video sale is worth having! :D

I'd die if I didn't get my 8 hrs of sleep, I just can't function with less.

Sheila wow, that's an awesome video sale on Adobe. I still haven't made a single video sale on Adobe myself. And it's been ages since Ive had a video sale on P5. Some time back, I made all my editorial videos exclusive on P5. I hope that decision pays off one day. 

Adobe is usually a steady stream for me, but not  a big river. I make payout monthly, but it's still usually only about 25% or so of what I make here (that is subject to change with the boot we got off the sales cliff this month). Right now it's about 1/3 of what I am making here for Jan, but that was a unicorn sales month with the big SOD that came in. I'm sure that will probably never happen again (always hopeful, but I won't hold my breath least I asphyxiate).  I've only had one sale on Alamy this month and it was fairly sad at only $2.  I've been averaging 4-6 decent downloads there the last six months, but I guess my trend there has stopped too. Pond 5 is picking up. I was told by a more experienced contributor a few years back that submissions on P5 need to "marinate" so to speak. They sit there for awhile doing nothing then all of a sudden sales start coming in. And for the first year or two, I barely got any sales at all (almost nothing the first year, to the point where I just stopped uploading). Then all of a sudden they started coming in. More so the last few months, but still only about 5-8/month. Still better on the income end since they pay is set by what I set my prices for (and I tend to make them similar to what other stock agencies charge so as not to under cut myself). There's definitely a learning curve.

Kind of weird thing today. I rarely use the trending social media but I checked my instagram (my dtrs posts there a lot) and i didn't realize I had a message someone sent me several weeks ago. They were asking questions about SS submission guidelines. I guess they don't know there's a PM feature here? 

BTW, my oldest dtr had her official ultrasound today and they're having a girl. Her husband is beside himself happy since their family has NEVER had a baby girl in the family. So they'll have one boy and one girl. Very excited for them. Just have to get my vaccine before June so I can get out there to help take care of the older child while they're in the hospital. Since her first one was a rather complicated delivery ending up in an emergency C-Section, this one will be scheduled. I just won't have the date til closer to her due date.

Sheila yea Ive had similar experiences on P5. When I first started uploading there, it took many, many months of waiting before I had my first sales. Then I started having sales once in a while (and sometimes even semi-regularly despite having a tiny port on P5.) Ive even had buyers come back again to re-buy the same clip with additional licenses. But it's been dead over there for a long time for me now. I hope it comes back to life one day.

Congrats on the new girl in the family. How awesome!

I had 11 sales in Alamy in December - nothing huge then, either, and six of those were the butterflies that someone made a huge search for before that; I'm sure I mentioned that earlier. They're going in some book. I'm sure that's the most I've ever had there in a single month. Sadly their sales are not the big ones like they used to be, and them lowering the contributor's share of the sale sucks, too.

I've uploaded some more videos to P5 as well as AS, but I haven't gotten around to keywording them yet. Some of those are several years old, and whenever I get those done I have lots more just waiting to be uploaded.

What is it about today's kids that they can't wait to see what pops out, but they have to know ahead of time? :D  I know my son did that, too, they knew they were getting a girl. You couldn't have paid me enough money to know ahead of time, I would have been REALLY mad had someone told me my kids' gender before they were born!

LOL Sari, yeah, I always wanted to know the gender too. I'm too much of a control freak not to find out. I like to have everything set up and knowing the gender is part of what I need to prepare. She didn't have the tech tell her during her ultrasound though. She had him put the image with the gender identified in an envelope and she and her husband opened it together. Their son is only 3 y/o so he doesn't really know what's going on, but he does apparently enjoy saying he's a big brother :) 

For me that was a major part of the fun of it - not knowing till the birth. And if someone's concerned about colors, all I can say is that that's why violet, yellow and green exist :P

We had some more thunderstorms early this morning, I had to get up and unplug my PC, then go back fro another snooze.

Now it's super windy, but sunny, and warmer than it's been in a long time.

We're getting a break in the rain here too. We definitely need the water, but not all at once. Supposed to start back with the rain tomorrow night and wind with rain again on Monday. I've put off getting the rain gutter repaired til next week when hopefully we'll have more of a break in the storms and I'll have time to find someone to do the work.