• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I may as well reveal what I made at that cruise ship market here on Kangaroo Island. The amount was $230. I'm sure that other market stall owners made record earnings as well. There's also a chance th

Posted Images

It's not. I actually go there to shoot the hummingbirds too. They have a ton of mexican sage in front of the historic house. We are in hard lockdown because the ICU capacity is less than 9% right now in Nor Cal. It's negative in So Cal. I don't even have any facilities on my list for the health core as needing more help so I'm not even going out for work right now. Wondering why they're not utilizing us for the immunization programs. But anyway, thanks. I'll have to see if there are some parks that have any decent folliage growing. The "brown is the new green" motto doesn't much help when one wants to do nature photos :) 

BTW, they haven't had any clusters of monarchs for at least two years now either. I saw some there several years back and went back to shoot the following year and nothing. I have to go all the way to pismo beach if I want to find larger clusters. they didn't have any at all in Monterey either. I'm thinking the fires did a lot of damage.

Jeff ah yes, good thinking about spiders like daddy long legs residing in places like caves etc. Over here, we also get huntsmans which really like living indoors (a common sight in Australian homes.) Occasionally, you find them outdoors but not often. Apparently, they are arboreal which suggests they do like hanging out on trees but it's rare when you see them on trees.

Must be a great view from the top of that tower.

Patrick, which tower?

The bigger one I helped my buddy put up is down in a small valley which is why he had to go so high (20M), mine is only 10M, but then I am 800M above the surrounding area to begin with as we are up on a bluff.

BTW, I am sure you will appreciate this view of the world :-)

Dunn from the air.png

MaxArthur world map.png

Sari, yeah. Not a happy time all the way around I guess :(

On a side note, I've been playing with the Adobe Fresco drawing app. Anyone know of any good tutorials on how to use it? I have succeeded at creating a few drawings on the app, but it's so slow and trying to figure out what everything does is time consuming. Would kind of appreciate a step by step tutorial introducing the features and maybe some projects to try and duplicate while I'm learning.

1 hour ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Sari, yeah. Not a happy time all the way around I guess :(

On a side note, I've been playing with the Adobe Fresco drawing app. Anyone know of any good tutorials on how to use it? I have succeeded at creating a few drawings on the app, but it's so slow and trying to figure out what everything does is time consuming. Would kind of appreciate a step by step tutorial introducing the features and maybe some projects to try and duplicate while I'm learning.

and

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/fresco/tutorials.html

4 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

Congrats, Sheila, that's pretty frikkin' awesome! 😮

My highest image DL so far this month is a little over a dollar. This month truly sucks! 😐 I've never seen anything this bad, not even my first month here in 2010.

I know what you mean Sari ... a couple over the $1 mark, the rest has been pocket change

Sheila woah, that is amazing!

Jeff, I was referring to the first tower photo. That looks impressively high. And a nice aerial perspective you provided.

Speaking of photographing from up high, I'd like to get my 9 foot kite back into the air soon.