The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

Yeah the snow is fun. Won't last long, though! The dogs loved it, Bob was chasing snowflakes first thing in the morning, and Marshall just loves to romp around in it. He loves catching snowballs, too - he jumps high if you toss one above his head. Bob will catch them, too, but she's not as keen on it, she likes chasing the flakes better.

It's just getting dark now, but it will be awesome with the snow on the ground, it lights up the world! That's when the dark is not really dark :D

The Geminids meteor shower is supposed to be at its best tonight, it's still completely overcast here, but with any luck it'll clear out later. If nothing else I can try to stick the GoPro out, although it can't catch much.

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

Sari, the reviews are very inconsistent. I get clips rejected for noise, dust, what ever when a clip from the same shoot same settings same everything is accepted. I resubmit the rejected footage and

Posted Images

Getting snow once or twice in a winter is fun, especially if there's more than a dusting :)

I fill my feeders (3) plus scatter some seeds under a tree every morning. Today I filled the feeders and then later scattered seeds to lots of different places several times. Gotta keep the little birds fed! I had at least a dozen different species enjoying the seeds.

Your snow sounds like it was fun Sari! Thankfully it's still fairly mild here. The UK is in an Avian Influenza Prevention Zone at the moment. Because I have ducks it's a legal requirement for me to follow strict biosecurity measures, which includes not feeding wild birds. I hate not being able to help them out, but all I can do is hope the freezing temps and snow hold off. 

21 minutes ago, Linda Bestwick said:

Your snow sounds like it was fun Sari! Thankfully it's still fairly mild here. The UK is in an Avian Influenza Prevention Zone at the moment. Because I have ducks it's a legal requirement for me to follow strict biosecurity measures, which includes not feeding wild birds. I hate not being able to help them out, but all I can do is hope the freezing temps and snow hold off.

Oh gosh Linda that is tough :(

Linda - poor birdies! :(

It's pretty here this morning - it's 18F (-8C), and the sun is finally out. It'll melt everything before long, but it's so brilliantly bright and beautiful right now! :)

I think I'm gonna take my GoPro when I go check the trail cams and set it on time warp, and you'll get to see my walkabout in snow in condensed time :D:P

On 12/11/2020 at 12:18 AM, Sari ONeal said:

Steven - you must be doing something right with your supportive care for him to have made it thus far! Back when my other ginger boy was sick, giving him the meds was hard at first because he hated it so bad, and it made me feel like I was torturing him by trying to help him. Once he figured out that I wasn't trying to hurt him it got much easier for both of us. But, he's been gone since early May. Blackie, my calico also passed just before Christmas last year, so that's three in under a year :(

Thank you Sari, I can't overstate how much of a battle it has been. We're convinced this is coming to an end now and will shortly have to give Simba his rainbow wings.  It's been the most difficult thing to deal with this year.  The photos below from a few years ago... 

image.thumb.jpeg.28d8dbde52bc9e50acc97cd66a6da2aa.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.515c6d710adfc4e21fd1b8a3ed2dfd50.jpeg

image.jpeg.1220d124a330646a97897911c5a20691.jpeg 

20 hours ago, Steven Tritton said:

Thank you Sari, I can't overstate how much of a battle it has been

Oh, I absolutely believe you. I bawled like a baby when I was medicating the other ginger boy, I felt totally rotten at first for making him so miserable. Luckily we both adjusted, I got better techniques down to make it swifter, and he figured out I wasn't killing him. He also greatly enjoyed the extra loving and pets he got each time afterwards. But it was soul crushing at first.

I know you'll make the right decisions in regard of your pretty, precious boy. Letting go is very hard, because it feels like you're giving up on them, but it is the most gentle thing to do sometimes. Love him harder and give him the best treats in the time he has left.

Yeah, it really doesn't feel like Christmas. For the most part, I feel like I'm just going through the motions. I'll probably skype with our oldest dtr on Christmas so we can watch the little guy open his presents. Maybe my other dtr will even join in on that call. I have a handful of presents for the youngest two so at leas they'll have a somewhat normal holiday. They don't care much about the food except for the cookies. And we'll have a roast so at least they'll eat dinner with us (they don't like Turkey or Ham) I have the tree up and the lights come pre-attached, but I haven't bothered with any decorations. Partly due to a lack of desire and party because I'm fairly sure the dog would just pull them off anyway so I decided not to give him the oppportunity.

I don't have a direct email to him or any other source of contact outside of these forums. Hopefully he's just taking a break spending time with family and is healthy and doing well. I know he was frustrated with the forums but not sure to what degree as we all get frustrated with this place but still end up coming back.

Sorry to hear about the cat problems!

And yes this Christmas season is stranger than ever. Our daughter,  grandchildren and great-grandchildren are all in Florida, so we have not had a Christmas with any of them for many years, but have gone out to a nice restaurant for Christmas day Linner (we eat early or late depending which meal one is talking about Dinner or Lunch, so I don't get acid reflex), around 3PM hence we call it linner being neither lunch or dinner time. If we were in Britain, I guess we should call it afternoon tea time :-)

Anyway, we cannot go out to Linner as no restaurants are allowed to be open in WA, so we are having crab for linner Xmas eve and Ham on the day.

Had this nice view of sunset a while back

Hope you all have a great holiday season! all my best wishes to everyone, stay safe!

2020-06-12 20.53.54 copy.jpg