The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

I have one small propane oven and cooktop, just replaced the old one this year. There is no room for a bigger one unless U remodel the kitchen and that is not going to happen while Dad is alive.

I have not got around to refurbing the BBQ grill outside ....

Pete having fun is the name of the game.

• Replies 45.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

So humid hear my glasses fog no matter what I do, mask or not. 

Posted Images

Wow, Sheila, those are some BIG trees and gorgeous colors, too - we don't get anything like that here.

We also have only one propane oven/ stove in the house, which is plenty in our small household. That said, my husband has loaded the back porch with cooking stuff (LOL!) - he has a dutch oven cooking table like this -

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/lodge-camp-dutch-oven-cooking-table-with-tall-windscreen

and a "regular" grill that has a cover,

AND a Blackstone griddle that someone recommended to him not long ago, and he LOVES cooking on that thing.

I don't touch any of them :D They're above my pay grade :P 

I got my November trailcam compilation done yesterday - so here y'all go :P

Sari, Yeah, the trees are part of the charm of this neighborhood. ANd hassle (due to clean up) but still worth it IMO. I had an interesting email from SS asking me for the exact date an image was taken (that just happened to be of our street with the trees). Fortunately, my file names always start with the date so it was easy enough to find. Not sure why a potential customer would be interested in that info but who knows. Maybe it'll lead to a decent sale. This month has been quite piddly so far. Adobe is actually ahead of my total here and that has never happened before. I see the racoons are still messing with your cameras. LOL. You got a lot of good footage there.  Impressive on the deer just leaping that fence.

I've never used a dutch oven but they have used them at Boy Scout campouts my son has been on. 

Yeah, I started with one average video sale here too and the rest are mostly subs. I've been spoiled by more than average ODD and SOD's and even a few EL's sprinkled in  over the last 5 months since the drop. Adobe I had a much nicer video sale for almost 3x what the one here brought in and that's part of why that jumped so quickly.

I need to bake my holiday cookies but I went out and did yard work instead. Trimmed the neighbors trees that grow up against my patio cover and create a fire hazard for the bbq and fireplace vents. So I cleared almost 3 feet around those, which created a ton of debris for the green waste bin. My son is not impressed that he has to do yard work again. I cut it and he gets to cut it into smaller pieces and make it all fit in the bin. What doesn't fit into the bin goes into pop up cans that I have so it's at least confined and the dog can't drag it around the yard and chew on them. He has an affinity for branches. I still need to blow off the roof and clear the gutters, but since we don't have any rain in the forecast anytime soon, that's not very high on my to do list. This is the time of year when we have the most yard work to do. Just finished putting all the trimmings from my peach tree in the green bin this week. That took two weeks to get rid of all the cuttings. It just shot up like crazy this past year and I can't have it growing through the power lines.

Cool. Looks like it's feet are covered in feathers too. hard to tell from the trail cam video screen shot.

I've been getting started on the baking here. Since we're going into pandemic lockdown at 10PM tonight for the next 3-4 weeks, I figured I might as well get started. Mostly sugar cookies to start with. Set up my camera overhead to try and get some clips of me doing the work and they turned out decently. Still not quite level so it's a slightly weird angle IMO but they accepted the first one so it might just be me too. I have serious inner ear issues and get dizzy very easily if things are slightly off. I can't even go on the star tours ride at disneyland because I have a visceral reaction (and it's not actually moving). I break out in a cold sweat, get nauseated and dizzy and will pass out if I keep my eyes open. Downright embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Cool. Looks like it's feet are covered in feathers too. hard to tell from the trail cam video screen shot.

Yep, this is what they look like in daylight. Stinking cute, 101%!

northern-saw-whet-owl4.jpg

They're supposed to be sleeping in evergreen trees near the trunk a little above eye level during daytime, so I'm going to take some walks around in the coming days, cross my fingers, and hope to see one. We only have cedar trees for evergreens, so if I check every cedar tree I can find, that should cover my chances...LOL

Sheila you're so industrious with the cookies and all. I think I got my fill of baking cookies about 9 years ago or so when I made a batch to shoot for stock. I'm SO BAD at decorating, so they looked like hell, and I know I haven't magically gotten any better without practice after that, haha :P

So no baking cookies for me.

We did go get a Christmas tree today, but it'll be outside in a water bucket at least till tomorrow, as we need to find all the necessities for it first, and it's not gonna happen today :P

LOL. In all fairness, the cookies I made yesterday don't take a lot of over all skill. I have an old cookie press (it's about 15-20 years old so not antique, but old enough that you can't get them anymore) and I just press the cookies and after they're done baking, drop a hershey kiss in the middle. So not very fancy so far. But I understand with the shaped christmas cookies. It's a bit of skill and practice. Also helps if one makes the frosting from scratch so there's better control over the consistency. The store bought stuff is super runny (and not very tasty either IMO). I picked up a container of wilton frosting for my last photo shoot and it was the most disgusting vanilla frosting I've ever had in my life. It would've worked well with styrofoam balls actually because once it dried, it was rock hard like royal icing gets too. Never use that stuff. ick.

Here's the cookie making

https://www.shutterstock.com/ru/video/clip-1063504192-4k-hd-video-top-view-female-hands

I didn't even know what a cookie press is, but your video cleared it up nice, haha :P

It's the decorating part that I'm really bad at, I lack the creativity and the hand skills to make it pretty. Looks like a 3 yr old made my cookies :P

Yeah, I would LOVE to find the wittle owl, and I will certainly try, but ACTUALLY finding one would be a giant surprise.

The ones I'm making right now turn out like this. Once the candy melts (although it usually needs a bit of help to go totally flat before it sets up)

candy-cane-stripped-peppermint-flavor-26

No skills required :D 

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya on the owl. I'm trying to decide where I can sneak away to for some wildlife imagery or something at least nature related. Getting tired of the same stuff in the yard and neighborhood. Need to find a secluded garden somewhere that won't get me in trouble for breaking lock down orders.

So the red and white candy is a Hersey's Kiss, too? 😮 I thought they're just chocolate. Obviously you can tell I don't eat them :D

Makes it look really nice, though - skillz or not :D

We're in the "not really anything to shoot" - time of year here, as everything goes brown and dead and looks like hell. Too cold for butterflies or any small critters. There are birds, of course, as I have feeders out for them, but I don't shoot them unless something unusual shows up, and I haven't seen anything like that.

I did another round of "birds at the bird bath" videos, but outside of Cocoa absolutely loving watching them on my pc, I don't think they're usable for much else.

5 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

So the red and white candy is a Hersey's Kiss, too? 😮 I thought they're just chocolate. Obviously you can tell I don't eat them :D

Makes it look really nice, though - skillz or not :D

We're in the "not really anything to shoot" - time of year here, as everything goes brown and dead and looks like hell. Too cold for butterflies or any small critters. There are birds, of course, as I have feeders out for them, but I don't shoot them unless something unusual shows up, and I haven't seen anything like that.

I did another round of "birds at the bird bath" videos, but outside of Cocoa absolutely loving watching them on my pc, I don't think they're usable for much else.

Just a start, new for each holiday and some specials come and go. I try to stock up on the Dark Chocolate, the day after Christmas when most places are half price. Then I have them for months to add to my lunch or as dessert. Same with Trick or Treat size bars. Last year I had them until October. I keep them in an old ice bucket, with a lid. Chocolate bars, in wrappers, don't go bad that fast.

1. Hugs.
  2. Original Milk Chocolate.
  3. Candy Cane Mint.
  4. Almond.
  5. Cookies and Creme.
  6. Caramel Filled.
  7. Special Dark.
  8. Vanilla Creme Filled.
  9. Cherry Cordial Creme.
  10. Pumpkin Spice.

That's a survey, most popular order, not from Hershey's, and only some of the flavors.

I'm picky with the choc I eat, I only approve a few things that I consider "passable". Since I can't easily get Finnish chocolate out here, my favorite go-to chocolate is Ritter Sport with whole hazelnuts. I prefer it in milk chocolate, but I've been getting the dark chocolate one because dark is "better for you", who knows if it makes any difference. A 3.5 oz bar is $2.38 at Wally world, so it's a bit pricey vs. the other brands.

Ghiradelli carmel and milk chocolates are my favorites lately (although I still love a 3 muskateers bar). And with the Ghiradelli factory a short trip away, they're pretty fresh here :D  Yeah, the hershey kisses come in a variety of "flavors" now. The pepermint candy cane striped ones they came out several years back. Which is when I first started using them in the cookies. They had birthday cake suprise or something like that this year that I'll use too. Those are white chocolate with little confetti like spots of pastel colors. They taste ok on the cookie, but I wouldn't eat them by themselves (the hershey kisses). I try not to keep too much candy in the house. I'm fat enough already from this covid isolation thing. I need to start an indoor cardio routine and stick to it at this point.

I can't even upload videos to Adobe any more, the system appears to log me in, but when I try to upload it disconnects on me. Their support has sent me four replies to my questions, and none are helpful to any extent. So I guess I won't be able to upload the hundreds of videos I had planned to, I only have some of the newer ones from this year there, nothing older than that. It's beyond frustrating.

Sari, are you using an FTP? I haven't noticed any issues uploading there. I can imagine your frustration though for sure. P5 changed their system a few years back and I was no longer able to upload there because they suddenly didn't accept the format I was exporting into and I don't know how to change the formats, but they suddenly started accepting them again last summer. Took me months to catch up on uploading there. The files seem to need to marinate on that site too. I didn't get very many sales the first few years but now this year I'm getting 3-6 sales/month. Hoping next year picks up even more. Adobe I still only get a handful of video sales/month, but they're a lot more than the average price here so definitely worth uploading to too. I had 4 video sales here today but three of them were only for 96¢ each

Sheila - yeah, the only way to upload videos is FTP, and it stopped working for me.

I have a feeling it has something to do with firewalls, but without their help (meaning something that actually solves something) I just can't upload there at all. I have tried everything I can think of, and I've read a bunch of stuff, literally spent entire days trying to figure it out, and no dice.

I only uploaded videos there the first time sometime earlier this year, and I wasn't in any hurry because our connection was slow and I wanted to just get at it a little piece at a time.

Now we have a little bit faster connection, so I wanted to start uploading all the older videos, but I ran into a wall. It's been well over a month and I'm getting no help from them. The problem might be connected to the new connection, but nobody is willing to solve it or take any steps to that direction.

Never made a video sale there, either, so I may have been working for nothing anyway.

I have even less videos on P5, I may have to put my efforts in that instead and forget about Adobe.

You should try asking on the discord channel. Matt and Zak post there daily and have always been really good about answering technical questions. I'd have to look for the link again but I posted it some time back. They're doing webinars 1-2x/month as well (there's one coming up this week). I've seen them help others with more complex issues. usually via PM or directly via emails so they don't overload the chat section, but if it's something that'd apply to a lot of other contributors, the  will discuss it in the chat too. The sales didn't come right away there for me either, but your animal and wildlife videos are much better than mine. you'd probably get a lot more sales there.