Sari ONeal

The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

Our sky is all hazy again, looking at the CONUS satellite animation it appears to be smoke drifting from northwest.

I've been hoping to get a break and some clear skies for the night to get some Milky Way shots, but it's not gonna happen with the smoke obscuring the stars.

We are supposed to get the hazy skies back by this weekend, so we're enjoying the clean air while it’s here. Had to go get the primary car smog tested today so I could do the DMV renewal and the next car is due next month so I told my husband to get that one smogged on Saturday so I can do the DMV on Tuesday next week. Fortunately, with AAA, I don’t have to actually go into the DMV office to get it done. The van still needs to be smogged too, but it has battery issues so I’ve been putting it off because I need to jump start it every time I go anywhere with it. The shop guy told me to pick up a battery for it at Costco and he’ll put that in and then do a system check to see where the  Power drain is coming from. Then I apparently have to drive it for awhile for it to have a history to smog check it as the computer is wiped when the battery dies. Such a massive PITA. 

23 hours ago, Jeffrey B. Banke said:

Sheila, if a battery charger is connected to the car while the battery is switched, the memory will not be lost.

Our air quality was getting better, but it is now getting worse again

The battery is already dead. It's been dead for at least a month now. I just keep putting off getting anything done about it because it's such a PITA, but the shop that does smog testing says they can find the cause of the power drain, so I'll get that done next week. The facility I was scheduled to work at decided they no longer needed additional assistance from the state staff, so my schedule suddenly got very light. 

The air quality here has been great the last few days, but we are supposed to have a shift in winds and smoke will be blowing in late tonight causing poor air quality to return for the weekend.

Finally got around to moving the chrysalis from the top of the small bug box to a curved stick in a container so I can easily relocate it for photos when the time comes (if I catch it in action). The caterpillar was quite busy as there was at least an inch and a half of silk on the top once I got it all extracted so I was easily able to just wrap it around the stick without having to use any kind of glue adhesive at all. It's a lighter shade of green than it was originally, but still green.

My sister just gave birth to a baby girl named Bronte. This is extra special because it's her first daughter after having two sons. And in addition to that, my sister has no sisters of her own - only brothers like myself. So this is definitely quite an occasion. 

48 minutes ago, Patrick Cooper said:

My sister just gave birth to a baby girl named Bronty. This is extra special because it's her first daughter after having two sons. And in addition to that, my sister has no sisters of her own - only brothers like myself. So this is definitely quite an occasion. 

Congratulations to the family and Uncle Patrick

Wendy, thank you. Woops...looks like I misspelled her name in my previous post. I corrected it to Bronte.

Thank you Sheila....yes I admit that earlier post of mine had a kind of mystery to it.