Sari ONeal

The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

Haha, silly furry children! :D

Ariel is not scared of him, but she's not ready to cuddle up, either, LOL :)  Looks like she thought he was a good adversary for practicing some dog slapping :P

Marshall likes to stick his big nose into the cats' faces, and when they swat him for getting in their personal space, he barks and looks like they hurt his feelings. He's a 100 pound baby, whining, crying and all that, LOL!

Sheila, great footage. Looks like typical dog / cat play. Though I could tell that Ariel was a little defensive. It was interesting hearing the news of the ongoing fires at the same time.

When I saw the news coverage of the California fires over here, I was actually wondering if Australian firefighters were going to be called upon. Though at the moment, there is hardly any international travel going in or out of Australia. Really hard to leave the country right now.

I agree with Wendy and Patrick - but I'm thinking in the terms of game more than play. Ariel is defensive, but not really scared or worried, just keeping the dog fenced off.

I need to get my butt in gear and get some of the Cocoa / Bob plays compiled (all shot with my phone, so not any good for stock).

Yeah, she wasn't greeted by a friendly crew when she was little and as much as she wanted to play with them, she wasn't allowed to. Although apparently Nemo was much more tolerant than I thought he was because she definitely bonded to him. I figure there's plenty of time for them to both mellow out and enjoy each other eventually. He's still under 12 months so just a puppy and acts like it (even though he's not all that small anymore).

That's funny Sari. I'm surprised you can even keep a cover on the sofa with as much as the cat likes to play and hide under there. LOL.Hopefully eventually Ariel and Sebastian will get along as well :D 

The review bots need glasses tonight. Keep getting rejections for title must be in english full sentences etc. then the next time it's rejected for keywords. Then they finally accept it without any significant changes anyway. It'd be even more irritating if the review times weren't so fast.

And happy days, I just got a $75 video sale on P5. My share. The price they paid for the full price was more than what I listed the 4K clip for too. Not sure how that happened.  

This guy was a riot once he got used to people and kitty toys. Got quite a few good images from him

one-tuxedo-kitten-sitting-light-600w-180

And they worked well together too. The third one was more skittish so didn't really get much of him

black-kitten-tuxedo-peaking-out-600w-180

Sari, sorry to see what happened to your hen in your last trail camera video. Video quality looked quite nice though. I think the footage from my Bushnell camera looks very average though I haven't tried the daylight settings yet. 

And yes the dog / cat play behaviour does look similar. I notice that dogs tend to get a bit over enthusiastic when they play with cats!

Sheila that is amazing with the P5 sale. Was that a HD or 4k video sale? I got about 20 bucks for a video sale on P5 nearly a week ago. I heard it was announced on P5 that they were going to use standard licenses for all client uses so I was expecting to see less variety in sales figures these days. 

The couch is typically covered in enough junk so the cover is not easy to pull off, LOL :P

I've submitted exactly one image after the earnings change. I have plenty, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Again.

I also got a video sale, here, for 34 cents. Certainly not happy over that.

Your P5 sale was probably for some extended type use, so you got more $$. That's good! :)

That tuxedo kitty looks awesome, they have a special place in my heart :) Such characters! :D

Patrick - happens all the time. Either they get snatched from the yard during the day, or I forget to close the chicken run and a skunk or something sneaks in there at night and grabs one.

Patrick it was a 4K clip. Driving POV on the island. When the sky is good, I try to do a lot of Driving POV videos around the island. Not great to do right now with the cruddy air quality.

Sari, I didn't realize they had extended use licenses, but I'll take it :D I understand the lack of motivation on the uploading here. I've been lucky so far not to get the video sales for less than $1.50. Those are painful enough.

Oh, and on the topic of Australian firefighters, the travel restrictions are probably what's keeping them from coming to help. They've mobilized the national guard here and are currently training them for support positions in the fire fighting so the trained firefighters can be on the front lines while the national guard does the less dangerous work. First time they've ever responded in this manor in California (they were talking about it on the news this morning).

Sorry folks, haven't had time to look back through the posts, but was just wondering how those of you in California are doing? I hope you're not being too affected by the fires. It sounds terrible :( Hope you are all ok xxxx

Sheila yes, the travel restrictions are preventing Australian firefighters from coming over. If it wasn't for that, I think they would definitely be over in California trying to help out. 

Tragic about the American firefighters who died in Australia earlier this year while fighting fires. The aircraft they were on went down.

@Linda Bestwick, we are ok. Same as last year, biggest impact is the smoke and very bad air quality. Fires an hour north of us is an hour or more drive away, and the one south of us is now only 45 min drive from here, but several freeways between us and the fire so if it jumps the freeway, we are all screwed. Doubtful it'll get to that point as they're really trying to concentrate the fire fighters around the populated areas. California has a lot of wide open spaces. It's basically the size of some smaller countries so a lot of land. the amt of land destroyed in the last week or so is more than the amt burned in all of last years fire season, so another record breaking year in that respect (unfortunately). WE had 50 more fires stared from lightning strikes over the last 24 hours, but they were able to get those all out according to the governors report (which is still airing right now, listening as I'm working on photos). Go back and read Jeff's post a few pages back. He had a close call in Washington.

I heard it was bad Sheila, I'm glad it's a little way from you, though it still sounds too close for comfort :(
Jeff, that sounds like an awful 3 days :o 
I hope it doesn't get any worse for either of you. Is it expected to ease up any time soon? Or is this it for the foreseeable?

Yeah, I've had way too many of the way-under-a-dollar footage sales :(

But, I just had two ELs, so that's something :)

Here's a new little friend, last fall I put some of these little tubes up, jumpers like to make their nests in them, and this one is living on our rain gauge post (last year I had one inside the rain gauge, THAT was no bueno, as she could have drowned that way!)

I've been taking her some fresh food (flies from the house) on a few mornings, and this one is from this morning -

Awesome pet you have there Sari!

Good way to get rid of fly corpse.

Thanks, Linda, it was pretty intense, been doing fire mitigation tree trimming, weed whacking, etc., to help prevent anything happening. Fortunately we have not had the lightening strikes they have had down in California. Apparently there is a fire fairly close to our old house in CA, so my other friends in CA are all packed ready to go.

Funny Sari. I probably would've used tweezers to hand the fly to him. LOL. We've had a few spiders out back that I've given some flies, but I tossed them into the web. We used to have some long tweezers to feed worms to my dtr's frog (he wouldn't eat them either so I had to go buy crickets for him) but I doubt we kept the tweezers when we moved.

Yeah, the last I heard the fire was really close to Fremont. Here's a map from a few days ago. I'm along the water just below where it says Oakland.

Edited to add: @Linda Bestwick this is only the start of our fire season. And it started early. We have at least two more months of fire season and this map is only part of Northern California. The fires in So Cal aren't shown and I understand some in Washington and Oregon north of us.

1509619617_ScreenShot2020-08-25at2_54_04PM.thumb.png.2eba2d8782c53230a175c7d79739e0f3.png

Only the start of the season, omg. And it's already worse than it was last year. Thanks for showing the map, the areas affected are huge :( 
Having lost a house before I guess you have a different perspective on what's happening Jeff. I can't imagine how depressing and scary that must have been. 
We are only getting snippets of news about it, but my ears perk up every time I hear something and think about you guys. Stay safe!

Sari, that clip is absolutely adorable! 

I love all your wildlife 'pets'. I just have rats. Normally I don't mind but this year they have been stealing all the fruit I've been growing. They are now climbing into the tree to get my apples and then they run off with them across the lawn, funny but annoying, grrr. Anyone want to swap? lol

Linda, I reckon it would be really interesting to see footage of those rats in action. Maybe a camera set up at ground level close to the apple tree?

8 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Linda, I reckon it would be really interesting to see footage of those rats in action. Maybe a camera set up at ground level close to the apple tree?

It is quite funny seeing them running off with huge green apples in their mouths. If I get chance I will try and catch them on my point and shoot but I have only spotted them by chance so far, and then they are gone. No time for proper set ups at the moment sadly. If I do get anything I'll be sure to show the little blighters off here!

Looks like you have  a friend for life there Sari :D