Sari ONeal

The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

3 hours ago, Wendy Townrow said:

lol Deb, I am not WW2 vintage either but we used to sing that on coach trips as well ... it got some severe reprimands from the church group leaders lol!

And we are on different sides of the world 😊

I guess I missed that one by about five and a half hours...LOL

Wasn't anywhere near a PC then. Oh well.

I tried to shoot the Perseids two nights in a row; the first night it got really hazy and even the brightest stars weren't visible. No clouds, just haze, and just on a very small area - on top of us.

The second night was fine to start with, and it was supposed to be clear for most of the night. Then, out of nowhere, thunderstorms showed up, clouds covered the sky, and I caught exactly ONE shooting star, and it was a very faint one, so - useless. Yay. LOL. It thundered all night after that, till morning light - we didn't get any rain, just clouds on top os us, so NO good came out of that one. Sheeesh.

Sheila, I caught some of that webinar. But it was about 4.00am here when it was streamed lol.

Sari, a few years ago, I did a time lapse of stars here on Kangaroo Island and there were so many shooting stars. About 5 - 6 of them captured during the TL. Hard to say if that's normal or not.