Sari ONeal

The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

6 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Consider me relieved i am not a koala. Ick. Do koalas eat their food twice like rabbits do too? rabbits will eat their poop because they don't fully digest it the first time around. I haven't really researched to see if other animals do the same.

No they dont Sheila, once they can eat properly the babies just eat leaves. They spend all their time in the trees and their poop drops down ....

8 hours ago, Wendy Townrow said:

lol because gum leaves are so toxic it gives the babies the right enzymes to digest the leaves, is it any worse than what birds do?

Even foals eat their mother's poop to get the gut bacteria they need, I've seen some young horses do it as well.

And now thinking about it, doctors do that to some people who need better gut flora, just look up stool transplant. There are different ways of delivery...

Sari, my husband mentioned the stool transplant thing a few years back. Not something I'd be keen on trying myself. I guess I'm a bit on the squeamish side 😕 

The repair guy is out working on the grill. Has to go get a part but apparently the issue that caused the fire (at least this time) was a gas leak. Very small leak underneath not far from the ignition switch. So hopefully this time it'll be fixed and not repeats on the fires. I like being able to grill outside on hot days vs heating up the already warm house on said days. The alternative is cold cuts. Plus grilled food just tastes better IMO.

Sari I believe they are saying this might be the cause of the allergies that so many people have now ... human's have become "too clean" in recent time.

Sheila I sure hope that the grill is fixed once and for all this time.

Earlier today, I heard a rumble in the air. Kind of like what you experience during a thunder storm. Though it lasted for a significantly longer duration and there was no storm. I wonder if it could have been a very low magnitude earthquake. Though there was nothing reported on the internet. My brother's wife also experienced this unusual phenomenon two houses away. And then tonight, there was another rumble that went on for a bit and gradually faded. A family member reported that the windows were vibrating tonight. And still nothing about this on the internet. Very odd. 

By the way, the last sale I had on SS was my best selling photo which sold for $0.10c. That photo was also my third to last sale in which I got $0.44c. Today, that same image sold on Adobe Stock for $3.07. I know which agency I'll be supporting in the future.