The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

Sheila the video rejections were all over the place, sometimes everything got rejected, sometimes all would go through, seemed to me like a reviewer had faulty equipment or something else bizarre was going on.

All my images have been approved at least in the last year or so. I have seen people complaining a lot about rejections, however.

• Replies 46.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

Sari, the reviews are very inconsistent. I get clips rejected for noise, dust, what ever when a clip from the same shoot same settings same everything is accepted. I resubmit the rejected footage and

Posted Images

With images, I rarely get a rejection. The ones I got today were for non license content. So obviously I missed a logo on a hat or jacket somewhere in the crowd. Only one image rejected so not worth worrying about. I just deleted the image. I try to look for that and crop in so I crop the offending persons attire out, but sometimes that's not possible (when they're in the middle of the frame). I don't pay attention to logos when I'm shooting unless it slaps me in the face like the giants stuff does, but for a lot of the other teams, I'm just not up on what their logos are so I look after the fact. I tend to shoot a bit wide anyway so I can crop in post and have the focus where i want it. For editorials anyway. And the editorial review turn around time seems to be about 5-6 hours so not too terribly bad for a change. Probably as a result of so many fewer people submitting new content in the first place.

I gave up on the critique forums years ago too. Ever since the new format. Just not worth my time. With the change in pay that went into effect, I don't think anyone much feels like giving their help to new people right now. Emotions are still pretty raw and I anticipate they'll stay that way for some time. I'd suggest messaging admin and seeing if they'll critique the images. Not that you'd get a response.

I gave up looking at the Crit forum after they changed the forum layout. It wasnt really a crit forum any more.

I have not uploaded anything recently either.

I sent Kate a PM the other day, I hope she responds. I had 3 questions

I got the email telling me what my Tier was but I had hit the next tier before the 1st of June. Firstly I wondered whether I was going to get an email telling me I was on the next tier. Secondly if I am on the next tier (as I should be) when do those calculations kick in ....  Thirdly where in the dashboard is this information displayed because it should not rely on an email that may or may not arrive.

So far all I have had is subs (this is normal 86% of my dls in the last 12 months have been subs) so my income has been cut dramatically .... :(

@Wendy Townrow I can answer the last one (probably). The level you are on is on your landing page. Under the most recent downloads, you can click on either lifetime earnings, monthly earnings or level. However, it does not display WHERE you are in that level (how many more downloads you need before the next level). I saw in the announcement thread somewhere someone else asked about this (and I've also emailed about this) and Kate responded in the thread that they are working on adding that feature. What that means is anyones guess. No telling if they're operating on earth time or not. I've found programmers tend to operate on some alternate plane of existence and aren't really tied to normal time frames. So soon could mean anything from a few days to a few years.

765304041_ScreenShot2020-06-04at6_04_51PM.thumb.png.71b206c1692998b5674757d0a26c7eb1.png

I didn't make it much further. I think I got to about page 100. I had signed up for daily digest reports, but it only gives a message with about five posts from the previous 24 hours, so not worth the hassle. If I'm suffering from insomnia, I'll probably read some more but at this point, I'm so over it. They're not going to change anything. Contributors are replaceable cogs :( 

46 minutes ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

I didn't make it much further. I think I got to about page 100. I had signed up for daily digest reports, but it only gives a message with about five posts from the previous 24 hours, so not worth the hassle. If I'm suffering from insomnia, I'll probably read some more but at this point, I'm so over it. They're not going to change anything. Contributors are replaceable cogs :( 

everyone is just repeating themselves on there  .... I am not going to bother reading, no point really. As you say they have made their decisions and they are not going to change. They have made their decisions based on their view of the business and as you say we are all replaceable.

Happy National Donut Day everyone. Man it's cold today! There's a 30 degree drop in the temp from yesterday to this morning and it's windy so it feels even colder. I actually had to shut all the windows as I'd left them all open all night because the upstairs was so hot last night. 

Hmmm. Apparently DreamsTime is getting flooded with new imagery and put a 1K limit on number of downloads per day (maybe that was a typo for them because I haven't uploaded 1,000 images ever in a week, much less a day). My uploading privileges have been locked. Sent a message to support to ask about the discrepancy. 

945842008_ScreenShot2020-06-05at10_03_50AM.thumb.png.0c4b0e7e6e04ac0875eb5807c722f79f.png

My sales over there have definitely picked up, but doubtful it'll be enough to even make payout monthly. I've been doing good to make payout there every 4 months or so, but we'll have to wait and see how this all shakes out. I'm sure a lot of people are catching up on uploading content there in addition to new people signing up as they jump ship from here.

1 hour ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Happy National Donut Day everyone. Man it's cold today! There's a 30 degree drop in the temp from yesterday to this morning and it's windy so it feels even colder. I actually had to shut all the windows as I'd left them all open all night because the upstairs was so hot last night. 

That's funny, as we're having a heat advisory due to heat indices being in the 105F to 107F range again today (yesterday was 107F), and our lows of the night are in 70s.

In the other news there was a black bear spotted on a trail cam somewhere in the vicinity of the closest (very small) town to us (2 miles away as crow flies) - however, the bear may have been much farther out, as the next big-enough-to-mention town is about 10 miles out, and people use the town names as reference points even if it's several miles away. Anyway, the bear has apparently been moving east, and the town is west of us, so who knows, the bear could just walk by on his way...LOL

Maybe you'll find him on your trail cam :D   Yeah, it was triple digits inland here the last few days. We only get to the high 80's low 90's on a bad day, but when you're used to low to mid 70's as a high, that feels horrid. The house was over 80 inside yesterday but now it's in the 50's. Not sure how long this is supposed to last. Weather reports say it's going to be cool and windy through the weekend highs in the low 60's. Good time to catch up on and finish up canning. Found an inch or so of ice in the bottom of my freezer today too. Not sure when that started. Used a nut cracker to break it up and cleared it out so I can see if that's something new. We have a side by side freezer fridge and I rarely look at the bottom of the freezer.

Wendy, this was thicker in the back of the freezer than in the front so it looks more like a slow leak from somewhere. The unit came with the house when we bought it so chances are, it might be time to look at a new fridge freezer unit. Not a cheap household item so definitely will wait and see if it's a significant issue. The TV downstairs went out a week or so ago (plasma tv) and we have that on the list for repair so one thing at a time. The guy said that needed a new power supply so he took the one out of the TV and took it with him to fix/replace and then he'll come back to put everything back together some time next week.

Off to another protest. This one is on the island so at least travel distance is not far. Should take me 10 min to get there if I don't hit all red lights (takes awhile to go across the island with the speed limit 25 on 98% of the streets). Hope everyone has a good productive weekend.

Wendy, my husband reminded me the fridge was leaking on the floor a few months back and we had to have a repair guy come out and replace one of the lines that went to the ice maker. We think it might be that that caused the water/ice build up inside as well and we just didn't notice it since I rarely use the bottom shelf for anything. If so, then it's a past problem and now the debris is cleaned up. I haven't seen any new build up today since I cleaned it so I'll just keep an eye on it for now. The last few months have been so chaotic I totally forgot about the fact that we'd had it repaired just before the lock down went into effect.

Patrick, they've been having issues on and off all day. I'm not surprised they're down again. I won't start my next upload there til tomorrow afternoon some time. I'm still working on the images and video from today. Half of the video I can't use because the audio has wind issues. I need to get a better mic with one of those fuzzy covers to account for wind. Usually it works fine, but today was quite windy. And protest videos aren't one of those things you just delete the audio from, especially when they're giving speaches.

13 hours ago, MuscleMan29 said:

Hey all contributors are requsted to stop uploading to shutterstock and stop submitting new content until we get our rights.

0.1 $  for a picture doesnt cover even cost of uploading and tagging it!

If you are taking that tack then 25c, 33c and 28c didnt  cover those costs either ... everyone has to make decisions that are best for their own businesses.

Wendy, yes the upload issues on DT seems to be resolved. Their review time is suddenly lagging now though. I'm sure also as a result of the sudden influx of imagery to their site.

The mom cat we are fostering has suddenly turned to her feral self (didn't think she was feral at all from how affectionate she was the first 4-5 days) but the last few days, she's suddenly attacking anytime you try to pet her or come close. Unless you have a bowl of wet food in your hands, in which case she'll allow you to put it in front of her without incident. But if you want to take it away, better not let go of it because reaching back into the bed is taking a risk. LOL. The shelter gave me a bottle of the feelaway spray and we are trying that, but so far, I don't notice a significant improvement. We'll see how the next few weeks go. If she doesn't mellow, we'll have to separate her from the babies as soon as they are able to start solids so we can properly socialize the kittens. So no newborn kitten photos. They're at an age when I would normally start doing that. Their eyes aren't open yet, but they're big enough that they can handle a few minutes away from mom without getting too cold. But there's no way she'd go for that so I won't even try.

Thanks. Thinking I'm going to need it. If she doesn't mellow out, I'm going to have to have the animal control officer come in to remove her once the kittens are a bit older because she's actually acting more feral by the day. It's definitely an adventure. Not always a good one! LOL. As long as she doesn't come out of the bed to attack us when we bring in food and water, we can manage for a few more weeks til the little ones are more active and self sufficient.