Sari ONeal

The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

Hey girl!

I still like to watch my earnings, even though I stopped submitting a few years ago.

I really feel for you Sari, you’ve worked so hard! 

I think it’s also a bit of an addiction, so go easy on yourself.  😟
Go upload your pics everywhere else!  💪🏼

They already are anywhere that would matter. But it is what it is. Looks like AS is going to be the new #1, like it or not. I guess my DLs there would be much higher there had I not deleted everything after the first few months ten years ago, and only returned seven years later - LOL!

AS seems to be the only other agency with any sign of hope but my port is half there as I'm nowhere near eligible to upload editorial. Over this long weekend where I live, I grew my DT port from 530 to over 1000 images but sales are so slow there I doubt this will make much a difference. Sooner or later I'll probably lose interest as I have already in the past with other projects not worth the slavery and will quietly fade away. 

I got grandfather claused in at Adobe from Fotolia. When they said if we open an Adobe account and link it to our current Fotolia account everything would be merged from both sites if you clicked on the option to sync the two. So I hit the 1,000 minimum for editorial before I even realized it. I didn't even realize I could upload them til someone mentioned it on the forums here and I went to look and saw the option was there (shows how attentive I am). And I have to say, having the illustrative editorials has been a boost to downloads on that site, but it's still nothing compared to what I was making here. Hopefully it'll continue to build. I think my ranking there is just over 10,000 over all for lifetime downloads. Definitely not top tier. I just uploaded the people images I have though too, maybe that'll help a little. Most of my people images are from when my kids were little as they have no inclination to be models now and I'm just not good at asking my friends to model for me (much less strangers).

Wendy, I got a few of the tiny sales this afternoon too. Very sad state of affairs. At least I got those two video sales before the change went into effect so almost hit payout level today. I'm sure it'll climb much slower from here on out :( 

I did go hit one protest today. Not a huge turn out but I got a handful of images I can probably use. Haven't really looked at them closely as I went to meet a friend to do a socially distanced walk and talk while I walked the dog. We walked for almost an hour and she's like "is that it? We're done already?" LOL. Normally we spend half a day going on a photo shoot somewhere but not sure that's much of an option right now. Pandemic aside, all the protests and riots and now curfews make going anywhere or doing anything next to impossible anyway.

I guess they're having trouble getting the downloads into their own brackets like they're supposed to. I just got a "sub" at 87 cents, and I had a SOD for 10 cents earlier. I guess the SOD could be like one of those FB SODs, just at the new price, but the 87 cent "sub" is definitely in the wrong slot.

I guess their dev team did NOT get the stuff straight before flipping the switch.

Yeah, I saw a comment on the announcement thread to that effect and Kate had replied she was going to look into it because someone had posted all their sales were going into the SOD slot. I haven't looked to see where mine fell. I only got 4 more downloads after noon, so it's been a fairly pathetic day over all (except for the 2 video sales, so now I only need 9 more clips to sell before I get up to the 25% bracket). Of course, since they're refusing every clip there's not much hope of that anytime soon.

OK, so mine all went into the SOD slot too. All my sub sales are the ones that came in before the change went into effect. And it was 5 sales after noon (apparently I miss counted). no rhyme or reason to the amounts either. Weirdness.

91605172_ScreenShot2020-06-01at10_06_49PM.thumb.png.30319acdd298312ae5f81a2d84a70bca.png

Ive just received my first sale since the change came in. A whopping $0.11c. And it wasn't that long ago when I joined the $0.33c club. At this rate, it's going to take forever to reach my next payout. 

Reading about the changes to SS makes me so glad I abandoned SS when I did.

My sales at AS have actually increased, significantly, since Covid-19 started forcing governments into lockdowns. 

I wish everyone here the very best.... but ya'll are likely better off jumping off this sinking ship and finding a new boat.

I had three more video sales this morning. Somewhat disheartening knowing they'd have been 15% more just a few days ago, but the downloads are coming in (so far). I emailed support regarding the review inconsistencies and got the canned response about the change in pay structure. So I emailed them back with key sentences not only all caps, but bold and one even underlined telling them they didn't even read the original complaint. They need to review their reviewers IMO and it needs to be done consistently. Not just a one time thing when a shyt ton of complaints come in. The inconsistent reviews is beyond irritating.

Canned more peaches this morning and did another batch of the raspberries. Sent 5 jars each to my girls yesterday (three peach and two raspberry). No way we'll ever use all this. Still a shyt ton of peaches, so I'm sending almost half of what I've got still sitting in boxes to my friend here locally who likes to cook too. Hopefully she'll use them all up before they go bad. I've only got a few more days to finish up the ones I have here before they all start to rot (although maybe longer since about 1/3 of them are still kind of on the green side). The ones i'm sending to her were only picked a few days ago so more fresh. It's supposed to be hot again today and tomorrow, so not likely I'll do a lot of cooking in a heat wave. Fortunately, with the decreased quantity (after giving a lot away) I think I can fit the rest into the fridge so they'll ripen more slowly. I used the last box of pectin too and I'm down to the last 4 lbs of sugar so I'll need to get more of both before I can do much more anyway.

In Massachusetts right now and was able to get a couple of shots of the local fox family early this morning. Don't know if they will ever sell but I was real excited to get them anyway.

image.png.d65cf7f8a4ee528c0c49ec201c6ba753.png

image.png.40129c14a72feb902bb56c357fd08fb1.png

Those are really cute little foxes :)

In the meanwhile I only find more snakes - two more rat snakes mating in the barn up ABOVE the stall. You kinda don't expect them to be five feet above your head and all that....

Awesome capture Charles! I'd love to be that close to nature. Not sure I'd want to live there though as the snake issue is troublesome. LOL. Definitely not a fan of snakes. I had to use the fly swatter to guide a bee back out the door this morning. that's about as hazardous as I'd like to get. Fortunately, it went willingly enough and I shut the door. The downside of this heat wave.

We have wasps and dirt daubers coming in the house all the time, and the cats of course try to catch them. I just grab some small container, slap it on top of the bug, and slide an envelope or other stiff paper underneath and carry them outside. The other day I just used a t-shirt to grab one as I didn't have any containers nearby, and I was folding laundry.

We've apparently finally landed into summer, as well, it's been on the cool side for a long time, but we're at 89F with 96F heat index right now. I've spent it outside for most of the day, digging the dirt / flowers.

One of the snakes is still hanging out in the same place as earlier, the other one disappeared.

Sari, I've only ever heard of them as mud daubers. I'd never heard the term dirt dauber. I'm presuming they're the same thing? I tried to catch the bug with a cup but all I did was piss it off as it was half under and half out of the cup, so I shut the shutter as quick as I could and trapped it in there till it wasn't moving anymore. Unfortunately, I'm not adept at catching flying bugs and keeping them alive. I've been taking the flies we kill in the house outside and dropping them into the spider web in my plum tree. First time I did that I think it confused the spider (because the bug wasn't moving anymore) but it accepted the offering as I saw it wrapping the dead fly up later. So i don't mind spiders, etc outside. Just don't want them in my space :) 

We are in another heat wave here. Got a bit of heat exhaustion yesterday covering the protest in the Mission in San Francisco. North of 10K protestors showed up for that one. It was insane and definitely no way to social distance at the peak of it. Processing footage and stills now. There's a smaller protest scheduled about a mile from here tomorrow, so I'll probably stay inside working on imagery today and cover that tomorrow. I haven't had any footage accepted on SS since March 24th. 100% rejections on everything even the stuff that was from the same clip that was already accepted. Tried to contact support but all I got back in response was the canned reply about the earnings changes. They're not even reading what's coming in apparently.

Yeah, mud dauber is probably the correct name, my husband always uses dirt dauber, so that's what I'm used to hearing and saying.

I haven't submitted any video in several weeks, so there are none in my "recently reviewed" section, and thus I don't know when the last were submitted or reviewed.

I've also only submitted one image in the last two weeks, so I don't know how reviews are right now, time-wise or other.

Kind of useless of them to even respond if they don't bother reading what one is asking. That's just completely wasting everyone's time!

The commercial video reviews are a few days. Editorial was only less than an hour today. Photos have been taking a few days, but I stopped uploading commercial images on May 31. I'm only uploading editorial here for now until I see how things go. And I only just started uploading those so I don't know what the turn around time is on those, but the commerical was only a day or so end of last month. And I haven't had any issues with image rejections. One here and there, but not entire batches. More what you'd expect as a reasonable impartial review process. But the video rejections, somebody obviously has a bug up their bum and is just rejecting to get through the queue faster IMO. Not that admin gives a rats end.

Is this thing still on?! :) 

The critique forum is not what it used to be. No activity. Have people stopped critiquing newbies?

Sure is!

The critique forum went to the dogs after they changed the forum so that you couldn't pick a thread and go see what was up with the pics. I stopped even going there after that as it was impossible to make any sense of it. That was many years ago. I don't even know how they're doing it now, haven't been there even to take a look.