• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sari ONeal

• Barry Blackburn

• KellyNelson

• Wendy Townrow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just feel like they ripped my whole identity away with this. Ten years ago in June in submitted my first pics to SS, and that started me on the stock trail. There's absolutely NO incentive to u

I'm fine here, thankyou for asking. Penneshaw (where I am) is safe and unaffected. But this is an incredibly grim situation. It sounds like just about half of the island is on fire. Annie, I only hear

Oh, I absolutely believe you. I bawled like a baby when I was medicating the other ginger boy, I felt totally rotten at first for making him so miserable. Luckily we both adjusted, I got better techni

Posted Images

Sheila we work the opposite way, we pay taxes Federally and they allocate funds to States. The Local government levies land tax etc.
A lot of city kids dont drive these days, they dont see the need when they can catch public transport or Uber.

Sari are your horses going in the barn more often this winter?

Rudy your orchids sound wonderful! Iguanas falling dead out of the trees is not good. We have bats fall out of the trees frp, heat  ... its never good when things like that happen :(

Sheila can you perhaps put shade cloth over the sensitive plants?

Deb the Wallaroos are sweet but I have a soft spot for the really small macropods ... bettongs ...they are just super cute.

https://www.australianwildlife.org/endangered-northern-bettongs-find-refuge-in-wet-tropics/

POST-image-body-760X547-Northern-Bettong

Mind you I really love our Red-legged Pademelons :)

Is anyone here into song writing? Many years ago, I used to write songs but just the lyrics (I didn't come up with any tunes.) Never really put them to use. Though there was one I was particularly happy with (an incomplete one.) I had only come up with part of the first verse and the chorus. I was listening to a lot of AC/DC at the time so it was heavily influenced by them. When I recited the lyrics to my cousin, he assumed that it was a Led Zeppelin song. I then revealed that it was my own original lyrics. 

Just recently, I came up with a tune for the chorus of this song. That's right - Ive never forgotten the lyrics even though I wrote them many years ago. And I also wrote a few more lyrics for it today (expanding it a little.) I might actually team up with a relative of mine who is an accomplished guitarist and song writer. I could ask him to translate my tune (for the chorus) to guitar. And also ask him to compose music for the verses as well (when I complete all the lyrics.) I have played guitar myself as well but I'm not in the same league as my relative. The musical style would be hard rock. Here's hoping that he can compose something that sounds reminiscent of the early to mid 80s (that's my special request.) The era when bands like Motley Crue and Van Halen were all the rage. The song would be sort of a homage to that sort of musical genre and time period. Would be cool to get it played on a local radio station. Though I think the only thing holding me back is my vocal delivery of the lyrics which I don't think sounds all that flash. 

7 hours ago, Wendy Townrow said:

Sari are your horses going in the barn more often this winter?

Yes, but I'm not sure if it's because we have more rain combined with cold temps, or if I've tightened up my standard for keeping them in when it gets icky.

I do think we're getting more rain now than normally in winter months, it tends to be much drier in winter.

They've been in more this winter than probably the last several years combined!

The good thing is that for example JJ doesn't get near as opposed to going in any more, yesterday when I was getting things ready for them she walked up, and I asked her if she wanted to go in.... she looked through the door and said "sure, why not" -- so she was the first one in, AND without a fight, AND she seemed happy to do it. It wasn't even raining yet! LOL!

Awww, the pandemelon is so cute! :D

2 hours ago, PhotographieDP said:

Especially classical. Some classical pieces I avoid as they are too moving. 

Yeah, for me Finlandia by Sibelius is like that (not just the hymn part, but the entire 8 minute opus). It is so joyful at parts, and so sad at others it's incredible. Another by the same composer is Valse triste - and like the name implies, it's beyond sad. Nevertheless, it's powerfully moving.

Here's the latter, well worth listening and watching, too. (There's another one with an animation of a cat that's super good, but it makes it even sadder!!)

Oh, BTW, I've been telling my husband that the coyotes have been moving the dog toys, and he said he didn't believe they would.

So, of course I finally took one of the big balls in the back pasture and left it in front ot my trail camera. Last night, just a few hours later, a coyote came by and carried it away - not far, but yeah, now I have video evidence of it :P

On 1/22/2020 at 11:57 AM, Patrick Cooper said:

Is anyone here into song writing? Many years ago, I used to write songs but just the lyrics (I didn't come up with any tunes.) Never really put them to use. Though there was one I was particularly happy with (an incomplete one.) I had only come up with part of the first verse and the chorus. I was listening to a lot of AC/DC at the time so it was heavily influenced by them. When I recited the lyrics to my cousin, he assumed that it was a Led Zeppelin song. I then revealed that it was my own original lyrics. 

Just recently, I came up with a tune for the chorus of this song. That's right - Ive never forgotten the lyrics even though I wrote them many years ago. And I also wrote a few more lyrics for it today (expanding it a little.) I might actually team up with a relative of mine who is an accomplished guitarist and song writer. I could ask him to translate my tune (for the chorus) to guitar. And also ask him to compose music for the verses as well (when I complete all the lyrics.) I have played guitar myself as well but I'm not in the same league as my relative. The musical style would be hard rock. Here's hoping that he can compose something that sounds reminiscent of the early to mid 80s (that's my special request.) The era when bands like Motley Crue and Van Halen were all the rage. The song would be sort of a homage to that sort of musical genre and time period. Would be cool to get it played on a local radio station. Though I think the only thing holding me back is my vocal delivery of the lyrics which I don't think sounds all that flash. 

That sounds like a fun project Patrick, you should go for it!

I had a faze of writing song lyrics, but just as a kid and teenager and for my own pleasure. Similar rock influences lead to this one, "Lead me to the bar room in the sky, I don't care if I live or die, so long as freedom is my pride, and there's a bar room in the sky......." Oh dear LOL!!! (My copyright if anyone wants to make me rich using it lol 😜
I also made up lyrics to the tune from "Telstar" by the Tornados. I used to sing it at the top of my voice while on the swings (yep I was a kid). Then only last year I discovered my friend who I had been with at the time thought they where the real lyrics, not ones I'd made up. That gave me a bit of a giggle, a bit flattering too. I was madly into horses and the lyrics where all about them, the music just sounds sort of like galloping horses to me! :ph34r:

Yeah, unfortunately the forums seek to vasillate between two extremes the last few years. Now seems to be the crickets phase. This is the only thread I check with any regularity anymore and even then not as often as I used too. I guess I get more work done that way so it’s not all bad :)

went to cover a pro pro life rally and march today in the city. I’d say this was the biggest turnout at any event I’ve covered so far. Well over 10K people and I’d say prob closer to 20K. It was impressive how many people showed up. The bus that goes from Bart near my house only runs once an hour so I had to take the other bus that drops off half a mile away so I’m getting food and caffeine before walking home. Hence the time to troll the forums