Sari ONeal

The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

Huh, I always thought everyone said SS was the pickiest MS site. I find what one rejects, others likely will accept. I don't bother uploading to IS anymore. After over a year and still haven't made my first payout there, just not worth my time. BS is doing decent but I'm really slow uploading there too. I now try to upload here and there about the same time. Those are the only sites I'm on so far though. Still debating adding more into the chaos. I can barely keep up with what I've got. Had a whole new plan for this year in regards to workflow and time line of what to shoot when, but then that got all messed up by having to make so many unscheduled trips to So Cal the last few months.

Got an email from my oldest dtr today saying she's getting an award presented to her end of next week for Outstanding First Year Graduate Student for work completed for her MA. Very proud of her accomplishments. Wish I could make it up there, but not a lot of notice to plan for that unfortunately. Her and her project partner are flying down here to do a presentation at some convention in Oakland this week so we'll have to do a special dinner to celebrate while she's here.

Sari fresh eggs for breakfast sounds like a much better idea than chocolate (though I do like my chocolate)

Sheila how will you be able to get a "real" job if you have to do things like that for hubby. Ugh on jury duty, I got excused from that due to a hearing problem.

IS seems to be going downhill for me too and it used to be my best earner by a long margin.

My schedule is always getting messed up, my only plan this year is to make no plans lol!

Congrats to your daughter for doing so well!

Andi I have had a couple of sales on FT, not much but then I am pretty new there, my port is smaller than yours and acceptance rate is poor, but it is what it is. You are right they are picky, what surprises me is that sometimes accept stuff that is rejected here. You just cant pick it.

Oh, he'd figure out a way to get done what he needs to if he had to, but since I'm here, he figures I'm available to do that instead. I drive him to/from BART every day but if I was working (and when I'm not here) he'd walk the mile and a half there or back (and has).

Street lingo AKA texting for FT is?

sent a PM Barry

Sheila I am sure he would work it out ... but you have to admit he finds it convenient to have you there to do the running.

Huh, I always thought everyone said SS was the pickiest MS site. I find what one rejects, others likely will accept. I don't bother uploading to IS anymore. After over a year and still haven't made my first payout there, just not worth my time. BS is doing decent but I'm really slow uploading there too. I now try to upload here and there about the same time. Those are the only sites I'm on so far though. Still debating adding more into the chaos. I can barely keep up with what I've got. Had a whole new plan for this year in regards to workflow and time line of what to shoot when, but then that got all messed up by having to make so many unscheduled trips to So Cal the last few months.

Got an email from my oldest dtr today saying she's getting an award presented to her end of next week for Outstanding First Year Graduate Student for work completed for her MA. Very proud of her accomplishments. Wish I could make it up there, but not a lot of notice to plan for that unfortunately. Her and her project partner are flying down here to do a presentation at some convention in Oakland this week so we'll have to do a special dinner to celebrate while she's here.

I had a 99% acceptance rate here at SS. So the stark difference between the two microstock sites is rather interesting.

I had a 99% acceptance rate here at SS. So the stark difference between the two microstock sites is rather interesting.

That sure is interesting Andi ....

OK I know it isn't just me but there have been strange things happening here today!

Tried to open a page over and over and over and kept getting a google/yahoo search?

Instead of it opening the page it would throw up a 404 error real real real quick and then go right to a search?

I mean to see the error you actually had to watch the bar and you had to catch it just right without blinking or you may have missed it.

There was another something this morning but I forgot what it was but here is what I was getting no matter what I clicked on.

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=forum+submit+shutterstock+page+hummer+thread+topic&type=20140715-135-tb_ff_tbs&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.submit.shutterstock.com%2Ftopic%2F57257-the-hummer-thread-vol2%2Fpage-1738&src=toolbar&ei=UTF-8&nrd=1&fr=slv502-sgm_yhs

I haven't seen anything about why it was down Wendy, but I also haven't really looked in the announcement section yet either. Chances are nobody's going to say what happened. Glad to see it's up for now. I'll be MIA for a good part of this afternoon anyway since my dtr has her volunteer slot at the shelter. Just running errands since I got a super late start to my day. THought my older daughter had her presentation this morning but it wasn't until 1PM so spent most of the morning visiting instead of getting things done.

Looks like I got a good load of footage approved finally. I like editing it a lot more than pics. I guess that should tell me something. Too bad I make next to no money on footage, LOL.

They had a tornado pass through North Tulsa a while ago, and they still have two on ground in far NE OK.

I still have 5 video clips in queue for review. Haven't had good results with video reviews lately so crossing my fingers they do ok. I only sell a handful of video anyway, but they definitely make more than most image sales so worth the hassle in the long run.

I hope the tornado's aren't near you Sari. Stay safe. Get photos if you can :)

Cool on the footage Sari, hopefully you make more money from them :)

Sheila I just wondered if anyone knew anything, I guess no-one will really say anything. Cool on visiting with your daughter. It is nice when that happens.

Not much happening here, I spent ages wrestling with my personal web site. Spent an hour and a half on a chat with the web host with no result, only to find it was probably something I did. All fixed now I think .. now to tidy it up so that it is more professional.