Sari ONeal

The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

The wire does go under, but if I remember right, only partially. Nothing has come through the bottom yet as far as I know.

The snake was small enough to fit through before eating, but not after....

And yeah, it ate one of the smallest chicks that were out for their first night...

Aww, that's sad, they must have been terrified poor things :( 

A rat got in my aviary and beheaded a quail several years back. It had chewed through the wire covering the ground. I have concrete slabs going 18 inches down around my new one. Nothing in there to protect most of the time now though! 

I have a bird feeder out on the back patio and the cats can't really reach it (as far as I know) but Ariel decided to terrorize the birds this morning by sitting on one of the patio chairs that's near the feeder and it looked like she planned to leap from it to get the birds, so I made the executive decision to relocate the chairs further from the feeder. Poor birds.

Yeah, the wild life here is sneaky enough to beat me :P

We were out in the pasture shooting the Milky Way last night really late. May go again tonight if we don't fall asleep before that...LOL

It's definitely a learning process  trying to find the right settings for it. Coyotes were loud at one point, and Bob got scared, poor little thing.

My daughter seems to be really knowledgeable about stars and constellations. I know a few, but she's out there pointing at some obscure ones, going "isn't that so-and-so?", while I'm just confessing I don't have the faintest clue...

Sheila - how's Nemo doing, getting better?

He looked better last night. Had his eye partially open anyway. He didn't show up for breakfast this morning (which isn't unusual for him) so I'll have to wait to do his first eye med treatment til later in the day when he shows up. He's not to keen on getting the goop put in his eye (I'd have preferred the drops to the ointment but they were out of the drops) but he lets me do it without really trying to get away in the process. His follow up is on Friday morning so I'll probably have to keep him confined inside overnight to be sure he's around for his appointment (the little turd). 

This was taken at the vet (I thought my white balance was way off, but her hands really were that red - the vet assistants hand is more normal color in the background). I can't get the image url on my iPad so I'm just posting a link. Not my best camera either, but it's what I had with me.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/close-on-orange-tabby-cat-face-1130603648?src=tinjo81_R5qn7OQrNcriYw-1-7

He did. Thanks.  They have crews working on ripping up the street where the trees have ripped up the asphault already, and the jack hammers are on the loud side, so he was inside when i got back from running errands this morning and I put the meds in right away. He wasn't impressed, but c'est la vie. And hopefully they'll be done with the street soon. The noise pollution is making me crazy already....

They're doing the other side of the road today. Fun. I would be distressed about the jack hammers waking me up, but Ariel beat them to the punch (literally). She attacked my face to wake me up this morning. I guess she was really hungry and tired of waiting for me to wake up on my own :/

Sounds delish. I'll be on the road after Nemo goes for his follow up appt tomorrow, so I'll pretty much be MIA most of the weekend. Depends on wifi access. If I remember correctly from last year, we only even had cell phone service at our motel (in the middle of the woods, so not a lot of cell towers out that way).

Happy Birthday Sari!

Thanks Linda. I plan to. Doing all the pre-departure errands now (that I should've done yesterday. Like filling the gas tank and going to the bank. Nothing like waiting til the last minute). Batteries are all charged and I'm taking the charger anyway JIC (although I rarely blast through batteries unless I'm shooting video).

Last time I had chickens they were decimated by snakes, goannas and magpies :(

My neighbour at the time had a 5 meter python that ate her biggest goose ... it was then comatose while it was digesting as it could not get out. We got it into a wheelie bin and relocated it back to the forest.

Sari glad your daughter is having fun, lol on the animals clammering for her attention.

Have a good trip Sheila

Pat hope you sort your footage things out

I have had a couple of weeks of absolute mayhem here .... stock ... there has been no chance at all!

Thanks All! :D

And KELLY --- THANK YOU for remembering again! :D  Don't be a stranger!!!!!

It was a GREAT Friday the 13th...LOL!!

Started with riding my little horse after I fed them all breakfast - just a quick easy walk around before the weather got too hot. After that we had cake for breakfast - yes I made the people wait, all animals were already fed.

In the afternoon we went out for late lunch, and then on to movies (Ocean's 8). On the way back stopped at the store to get ingredients for the awesome breakfast casserole my husband makes so well. I suspect we'll have that tomorrow morning ;)

And after evening feeding (of the furry ones) we had another round of the cake... om nom :)

Now sleeeepy... ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :)

Dayum, peeps, it's MONDAY and no-one's been here since Friday??? 😮

The other night we took some more pics of the Milky Way, and there's one I absolutely LOVE. I rarely love a pic, but this one is so cool. THAT SAID... we've tried to improve it ever since, since it's has plenty of room for improvement, but we keep getting clouds that interfere and ruin the pics. The same is in the forecast, too, so an improvement may never happen. We're gonna be tryin' hard, though, as long as we can....

I hope you are able to get your improved shot. I have not tried to do any constallation imagery. Too much light pollution.

I was away for the weekend with friends at a Civil War re-enactment and we took photos up and down the coast near there too. Visited an old fort and found seals chilling along the beach. Got some video too, but still in the process of sorting. The initial sort always takes awhile and I was so tired by the time I got home yesterday that I just layed in bed and read a book to destress from the driving of the last few days.

Changing the subject - sorry!!

My little cat who's first summer with us - she is enjoying - is chasing and catching butterflies!  I know this is normal behaviour, but I hate it - I squirt her with water when I am about and see her pouncing, but she's starting to resent me!  Any other suggestions how ro stop this behaviour - as natural as it is!!!

I've never had so many butterflies on my small roof garden, and can't bear to see her attack at every available opportunity.  

I've also for the first time seen ladybug eggs - normally I just see the larvae and pupa - but due to our current heatwave, I have loads of eggs - a joy to witness (luckily these are out of reach).