Sari ONeal

The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

Ugh on freezing rain Sari ….

Cool on huge snow-flakes Pam …  (I warned you that fractals are addictive!)

Lol on being addicted to GS cookies Sheila.

Feb is supposed to be our wettest month … even though we have been getting some rain it’s not real wet season monsoon. We need a lot more for the reservoir to be useful to the farmers. It is still below 50% full and they would like it to be at least 70%. If these failed wet seasons keep happening I think the rain forest is going to be in real trouble as well as the animals that depend on it.

12 minutes ago, Pamela Walsh said:

ungh Wendy, that sucks

it sure is ...

having one of "those" days  .... I managed to finish up my amateur plumbing... yeeha! We now have a usable bathroom sink again!

Then started doing some gardening .. part way through and my rake breaks ... gardening ended for the day!

oh man...

Been there, all psyched up and ready to accomplish something and blammo, can't get anywhere...

Edited by Pamela Walsh
edited 'cuz of getting pulled away from the computer.... I swear he has radar for when I'm on line lol

Bummer Wendy. I usually end up breaking shovels, but haven't broken many rakes. Hope the rest of your day goes better.

I'll have quite a few images to sort through when I get back home tomorrow. Much more productive this trip than the last few in that regard but still only a few of the little guy. I need to try getting some of him when he's sleeping later and then his smiling face. He's started to smile now, but catching it is not easy. He's not sure what to think about the camera. 

7 minutes ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

Bummer Wendy. I usually end up breaking shovels, but haven't broken many rakes. Hope the rest of your day goes better.

I'll have quite a few images to sort through when I get back home tomorrow. Much more productive this trip than the last few in that regard but still only a few of the little guy. I need to try getting some of him when he's sleeping later and then his smiling face. He's started to smile now, but catching it is not easy. He's not sure what to think about the camera. 

If he's anything like my daughter, when he starts making the connection between the camera and seeing his own image on screen (may be a while ;) ) He'll be posing for you all the time lol

Gee Sari do you think that is where the kids get the idea of not liking pics lol! (my kids are the same btw and I hate pics pics of me, mainly because the photo does not look like the picture I have of myself in my head lol .... much the same as I hate the mirror because it has been invaded by an OLD FAT lady!)

Pam I did get the main bit of the gardening done I was re-positioning the mulch layers when it broke :( 

Sheila I have had handles break before but this was actually part of the heavy duty rake ... admittedly it is old .... so probably suffered years of over use and neglect! The little guy sounds delightful :)

Yeah, at 2 months old, he's not making that connection soon. LOL. 

Wendy, makes sense it'd break since it's old. I usually end up breaking shovels when I'm gardening mainly because the soil is soo bad, totally root bound most of it and then of course, digging out the tree trunks, I broke two shovels and an axe  O_o  But I did eventually get them all out on the one side where the previous owners cut down half a dozen trees. The other side, We had to cut down one tree to replace the fence and I figured I'd just leave it for now as it was such a small space to try and dig it up, and it's got suckers growing from it now. Almost the same size as the bushes I planted back there and it's the same plant, that one had just become a tree so now it'll. Just be one of the bushes in between the remaining trees. May or may not actually have flowers since it's not original growth.

I'll take some snapshots later with my phone. The side yard on that side anyway is usually fairly dark with the trees and houses casting shadows. the kitchen side gets a lot more full sun since the previous owners removed all the trees there (just not the trunks, but I got those out before contracting the fence to be replaced).

Got home yesterday afternoon. Got all my photos downloaded so my cameras are ready to go, but spent most of the day uploading videos. soooooo slow. And one got lost in the upload process but I'm having trouble figuring out which one. 

Good point. I'll have to check that. The only one I saw on the main log that failed was one that I had to change the name of (apparently you can't have apostrophes in the title or it won't upload) but that's not the one that's missing. Getting the car washed now (i  might have missed a few bugs on the drive home, but I think I hit pretty much every one) so I'll have to check when I get back home. Last 4K video was uploading when I left.

Here's a quick shot of my grandson Wyatt while he's actually awake. Love the tshirt.. Makes me laugh. Esp with that sideways look :)  Just a snapshot from KT's phone, but it's one of my fav's so far 

image.thumb.jpeg.04340233655432206052014d70fa2bf2.jpeg

Thanks. Yes, he is quite animated and more awake than asleep many days. He was doing better on sleep before his 2 month check up and immunizations. When I was there this past week, he was still fussy and a bit cranky at night, but less so the last day than the first day I was there. He's waking up about every 3 hours or so to nurse, but KT is getting better and falling back asleep and she's also learning some other tricks that help improve one's sleep. She's looking at going back to work in a few weeks so she needs to be able to get some rest or she'll be a zombie at work.

I started rendering images for a fractal animation yesterday afternoon, and it's at about 40% now.... LOL

Gonna be a another couple of days before it's done. Whew.

Can't do anything graphics / CPU intensive till then, which sucks, but I knew it....

Note to self: make something less complicated next time...

Looks like sales are trickling in again. Oh there's something interesting / almost amusing I forgot to mention. There's a photo I uploaded to SS about a year ago that was rejected due to the composition. Which I thought was really strange because I don't see anything wrong with the composition - all elements are equally balanced (not a case of main subject in the middle or horizon in the middle or anything like that.) Regardless, I let it go and submitted the same image to some other stock agencies and it was accepted by them. With one of those stock agencies, this very same image sells on average about once or twice a month - sometimes more. Over two or three months ago, it also sold on the second stock site. More recently (over a month ago) I decided to resubmit this photo to SS and they accepted it this time around. It sold for the first time on SS today. Crazy for rejecting it in the first place. 

4 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

Holy shit, windows update restarted my PC in the middle of the render. Half of it was done, the rest I can't restart because I don't have the exact parameters for it. Nice :|

oh man that sucks :(

5 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Looks like sales are trickling in again. Oh there's something interesting / almost amusing I forgot to mention. There's a photo I uploaded to SS about a year ago that was rejected due to the composition. Which I thought was really strange because I don't see anything wrong with the composition - all elements are equally balanced (not a case of main subject in the middle or horizon in the middle or anything like that.) Regardless, I let it go and submitted the same image to some other stock agencies and it was accepted by them. With one of those stock agencies, this very same image sells on average about once or twice a month - sometimes more. Over two or three months ago, it also sold on the second stock site. More recently (over a month ago) I decided to resubmit this photo to SS and they accepted it this time around. It sold for the first time on SS today. Crazy for rejecting it in the first place. 

sales is good. rejections are a pain when you know they will sell!

51 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

Holy shit, windows update restarted my PC in the middle of the render. Half of it was done, the rest I can't restart because I don't have the exact parameters for it. Nice :|

That is what I totally dislike about Windows these days ... they decide when to do things instead of me . ,,, never a good outcome!

47 minutes ago, Pamela Walsh said:

oh man that sucks :(

you said it!

5 hours ago, Sari ONeal said:

I think Chaotica is supposed to use mainly GPU, and the CPU is just in a supporting role - that at least per their website.

In other words - no gaming for me until I get the render done so nothing gets messed up! Ugh! LOL!

GPU - CPU ... enough to make my head spin!