okiepony

The Hummer Thread Vol.2!!!

39,325 posts in this topic

Yeeha a new thred!

From the other thread ...

Sari:

... delayed breakfast ... no wonder you were grumpy!

Anita:

I love gardens, we go occasionally but have not been for a while. It will be nice to just shoot pretty flowers that I have no idea of the names of lol.

re the Wacom tablet. I bought mine on a good deal on eBay years ago. Love using it. I did look at the latest bamboos ... they look like fun. Especially as they have incorporated some of the touch screen features (like using fingers to zoom).

As for sketching. I use the pencil tool in illustrator colour set to a lightish grey (not black)

In Photoshop I do much the same thing, I pick a brush that has a bit of a soft edge, again a grey ... if I set the transparency down I can build up areas of darker colour. It wont emulate paper but its not bad. You can set a paper texture in Photoshop if you want to get more of a pencil sketch feel.Some people put a piece of paper on the Wacom to get the feel of drawing on paper.

As for the list, I have a notebook here I must make use of it instead of trying to rely on my dodgy memory.

As for remembering where I upload stuff, I actually have a spreadsheet to tell me, it has the location of the file, name of the file and columns for the different companies. Blue = submitted, red= rejected, green = accepted ... (there is more red than anything on it unfortunately but it looks very pretty :)

Kelly I am glad the eye is getting better.

Yippee! =D

Good morning Wendy. The eye is getting better. *-0 ;)

I'll bet a lot of SS'ers are slapping their foreheads right now, lol.

lol!

I also heard that some people had a hard time getting used to using the Wacom than the mouse. I'm left handed so I'm sure I won't have too much of a problem with it. Don't think if I got that we'd get rid of the mouse though I'm not the only one now that uses this computer and wouldn't want my daughter (or the boyfriend for that matter) use the graphics tab.

I'll have to try those settings in photoshop. Hopefully I can find a setting in PS 7 that I like.

Morning Wendy.

I have one of those Bamboo tablets and it is still in the box one day i may actualy use it.

No Sari i think whoever helped to sabotage the thread is slapping their head going *$@^%!*&%^#$. {:o)

I have a spiral wound notebook to keep track of what to shoot but rely on my memory which is getting pretty forgetful anymore so i am going to have to put it in the car so it will be with me so i can remember where to go to shoot what i found.

Yipee, new thread to lurk in ;-)

My thoughts exactly ;-)

How did you guys break the old one? Honestly, we can't leave you alone for a minute...

I don't even understand what this thread is about. Hummgingbirds? Pointing devices? Is it just a "what's going through my head right now"

Will

I also heard that some people had a hard time getting used to using the Wacom than the mouse. I'm left handed so I'm sure I won't have too much of a problem with it. Don't think if I got that we'd get rid of the mouse though I'm not the only one now that uses this computer and wouldn't want my daughter (or the boyfriend for that matter) use the graphics tab.

I'll have to try those settings in photoshop. Hopefully I can find a setting in PS 7 that I like.

I wasn't suggesting getting rid of the mouse, but you may find you like it. No-one gets to touch my graphics tab ...

Hmm sketching while the kids are asleep. Maybe you need to put a movie opn for them so that you can sketch away quite merrily!

Morning Wendy.

I have one of those Bamboo tablets and it is still in the box one day i may actualy use it.

No Sari i think whoever helped to sabotage the thread is slapping their head going *$@^%!*&%^#$. {:o)

I have a spiral wound notebook to keep track of what to shoot but rely on my memory which is getting pretty forgetful anymore so i am going to have to put it in the car so it will be with me so i can remember where to go to shoot what i found.

G'day Barry! Crack that Bamboo out and start playing, you might actually like it, apparently its great for doing isolations with (I have not done any of them so wouldn't know that as a fact)! I think the notebook might make its way out with me today ... it might come in useful!

:D

My thoughts exactly ;-)

How did you guys break the old one? Honestly, we can't leave you alone for a minute...

It wasn't us really ... **looking up at the sky and whistling**!!!!

Yippee! =D

Good morning Wendy. The eye is getting better. *-0 ;)

I'll bet a lot of SS'ers are slapping their foreheads right now, lol.

Yeah, I bet Kelly - from relief that they can lurk and read without too much pain :D

Tee Hee!!!!!!

On floor laughing! You guys are too funny!!! Maybe I can understand this second version LOL

I don't even understand what this thread is about. Hummgingbirds? Pointing devices? Is it just a "what's going through my head right now"

Will

Just a bunch of folks sitting around discussing things on a discussion forum.

Kinda like Seinfeld actually.

In addition, we're helpful to each other, and informational - we learn and share as we go, whether it's about taking pics, illustrations (mainly Wendy & Anita), or ANYthing that we happen to bump into.

Who knew baby chick have a little tool on their beaks that helps them pip the shell open when they hatch - and then it falls off to never be seen again...

And who knew Belgian horses are really not ever called Brabants in their home country, but

Belgische Boerenpaarden or Belgische Trekpaarden in Holland. (Belgium farmer horses or Pull horses) In Belgium they are called Vlaamse Paarden (Flemish Horses)

;)

... or, what does a closeup of a tapeworm look like.... ewww..... :P

... and many, many other things ;)

...including how to shoot a Hummer! :D

Betty, shame on you! ;)

So she actually carried other hens eggs off to her nesting area...that's weird.

Come to think of it, Betty does look rather guilty in that picture, LOL!

It's much better Sari, not so puffy anymore either. :)