HOW DO I GET MY PHOTOS TO 4 MEGAPIXELS?

I just signed up, uploaded the ten photos requested, but only one went through, the other nine, all very good photos, said they only had 0.4 pix. A friend says my kodak z915 with 10 megapixels is not good enough for photos to be uploaded on this site, is this true? And if it's not the camera or photo quality, then how do I get my photos to 4 megapixels?

Your camera has adjustable output sizes from 1.2mp to 10mp. You should have this set to the highest. The only way I can think of that you would get .4mp files would be if your image editing software exported them at that size, this might be "save for web" or something similar.

Also, note that Kodak's specs for this camera say "Effective mega pixels" this is usually an euphemism for some type of interpolation that boosts the actual sensor pixels up to something higher. Not sure if that is the case here and it still has 10mp files but the quality might not be there.

I do not think it can be said that this camera cannot produce the image quality required here but you will have to work a lot harder than if you had a camera with a bigger sensor.

LOL...you learn something new every day. It turned out to be a software issue, there was nothing wrong with the size of my photos before I edited them, but when I saved the edited photos back to my computer, the two sites I use to edit my photos was re-sizing them to a smaller size. I was using Lunapic and Befunky. I guess now I will have to find another free online site to edit on, one that doesn't re-size my photos.

LOL...you learn something new every day. It turned out to be a software issue, there was nothing wrong with the size of my photos before I edited them, but when I saved the edited photos back to my computer, the two sites I use to edit my photos was re-sizing them to a smaller size. I was using Lunapic and Befunky. I guess now I will have to find another free online site to edit on, one that doesn't re-size my photos.

If you are looking for a free photo editing program try Gimp.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 9/10/2011 at 2:09 AM, thirdstone said:

I just signed up, uploaded the ten photos requested, but only one went through, the other nine, all very good photos, said they only had 0.4 pix. A friend says my kodak z915 with 10 megapixels is not good enough for photos to be uploaded on this site, is this true? And if it's not the camera or photo quality, then how do I get my photos to 4 megapixels elonone?

I faced similar kind of issue last time, I am still searching for some proper solution.