Norman and Speedotron Powerpacks!

On 2/23/2020 at 6:43 PM, nitrostx said:

Question for Jeffrey Banke,

I have been looking for parts for Norman Strobe packs and found this post (I believe it was from 2011?). Seems as though you have done quite a bit of repair on these packs, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

I have a P2000X pack (probably early to mid 1980's vintage). The power On/Off switch (one of the Big Red switches) on the top of the pack has failed. Do you have any idea how to repair or replace this switch? Can you steer me in the direction of the proper replacement part? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jeff hasn't been on the forum for a very long time, but if you send him a PM, with any luck he should get an email notification of it, and maybe be able to answer your question.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/23/2020 at 6:43 PM, nitrostx said:

Question for Jeffrey Banke,

I have been looking for parts for Norman Strobe packs and found this post (I believe it was from 2011?). Seems as though you have done quite a bit of repair on these packs, so I'm hoping you can help me out.

I have a P2000X pack (probably early to mid 1980's vintage). The power On/Off switch (one of the Big Red switches) on the top of the pack has failed. Do you have any idea how to repair or replace this switch? Can you steer me in the direction of the proper replacement part? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Good news, a power switch is usually something you can find and replace, they usually are not special or complicated. You'll need to open up the unit and see what it is and how many poles, what kind of connections. Many times you can find a standard replacement at the hardware store or building supply store.

But if you haven't opened it, how do you know it's the switch? Maybe the switch is fine and the power supply is dead? Maybe a wire fell off, and that's the only problem. Is there a fuse in the circuit?

There are many possible ways the unit would look like the switch is bad and something else could be wrong. You don't know until you open it up and look.

I'm trying to find flash tubes for an old strobe, used to get them from Radio Shack off the shelf. Now I look online and the ones I need I can't seem to locate. It would be nice to get the K temperature of Xenon too so I know what I have.

Haven't seen or heard anything from Jeff in about a year. Good luck, I'm sure he can help you.