More Picture Thievery

Actually we should agree of a license (bill) that covers these cases of people trying to steal and sell our files.

I suggest to invoice them 365$ for the damage and abuse.

+1 Also I suggest contacting PayPal to see if they can offer any information on the trasactions made (Not Likely, but its worth a shot).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven,

I received the same email today, I was going to post it but you beat me to it. It looks like your actions on Friday were the best thing to do as PS does not seem to care that people at selling stolen images on their site.

Good Job!

Mike Norton

Steven,

I received the same email today, I was going to post it but you beat me to it. It looks like your actions on Friday were the best thing to do as PS does not seem to care that people at selling stolen images on their site.

Good Job!

Mike Norton

Mike,

Agreed, I was disappointed at the response. Since this isn't the first time they were informed of her actions regarding stolen images, they should have immediately closed her account. I also asked them for her sales records which they declined to do but said they would if they got a subpoena from my lawyer.

As of yet Thief Jane has not responded to any of my emails.

Steve

• 9 years later...
On 3/27/2011 at 8:25 AM, Paul Cowan said:

Come on, Mike, think back a couple of years. The woman who "won" the American Watercolor Society's gold medal and $4,000 prize by photoshopping two Shutterstock pictures together and claiming it was "hyper-realistic painting". Thankfully, they took the medal and money back and she seems to have vanished from the internet since then.

Unfortunately she is back and as "ballsy" as ever.  Just yesterday on her FB page Sheryl Luxenburg posted one of her "hyper-realistic paintings" and referenced her AWS affiliation and accolades.  Of course there was no reference to the fact that she has been banned for life from membership and had her award rescinded with the AWS.  And let's remember she has also had awards rescinded from the Society of Canadian Artists (SCA) and her membership there was also permanently revoked and she has been disqualified from entering future exhibitions with them as well.  The woman indeed has "balls" as was mentioned but not much in the way of honesty and integrity.  Most comical is her website that offers a mentoring course to other artists.   WTH does she have to offer that anyone would be interested in?   Sheryl Luxenburg produces giclee prints, nothing more.

sssl.jpg

• 9 months later...

Illegal Downloads

I reported it to the Shutterstock office, but it would be better for everyone to know about such a situation.

"I found out that there is a security vulnerability on your site. It can be downloaded free of charge by entering the link of the designs https://nohat.cc/. Even if it is not downloaded in high quality, it is downloaded without watermark and in a quality suitable for studies small size such as social media. This affects the security of our designs. I beg you to pay attention."

This is how I downloaded my own design as an example.

Ekran Resmi 2021-06-07 18.05.19.png

Ekran Resmi 2021-06-07 18.05.37.png

Ekran Resmi 2021-06-07 18.05.52.png

Ekran Resmi 2021-06-07 18.05.59.png