More Picture Thievery

If the ones that are left are really hers then it's just sad. She is not without talent and skill and she knows what it takes to produce a quality image, she knew exactly what she was stealing from us.

The "Chihuly Glass" gallery is still there as of this writing, which may very well be both a copyright and trademark ("Chihuly") problem. I grabbed a screen shot of being able to add an order for $40 or $80 prints to my cart, in case that gallery disappears too... If she's breaking the law, evidence can't hurt.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is her main sight http://www.janielaurel.com/

Here is her contact information if anyone feels like giving her a phone call. Also it looks like all orders were processed through PayPal. They may be able to investigate any image sales made.

Jane Waters

P.O. Box 2401

Ocean Shores, WA 98569

Phone: 925 899 2070

Email: janielaurel@gmail.com

Tech support:

Phone: 925 899 2070

Email: support@janielaurel.com

All inquiries will be handled as quickly as possible, but not longer than 24 hours unless you receive a notice to the contrary. I am a multi-hatted, one-person organization and can only create miracles intermittently.

Billing issues:

Email: billing@janielaurel.com

ALL image orders are received at:

janielaurel@gmail.com

Print orders will be handled on a first-come, first-served basis; print orders will ship within 5 days of receipt, unless advised to the contrary. Download links are received upon receipt of payment, and are ONLY active for 96 hours after payment.

ALL payments are logged and handled by Paypal, and your credit card receipt will be marked as a payment to INTER-BEING (the parent company).

SOmeone should post this link to her email address, so that she can see that she has been found out :-), and her name is now mud!

I was very, VERY tempted to hack her website. I am sure it could be destroyed with a simple SQL inject. But I figured that would put me down at her level. She will get what she deserves. Karma is a you know what.

I say a person like her (if it is a Her) is truly a Heartless Vampire feeding off the Life Blood of other more creative people while they are sleeping soundly in their beds at night!

And you all know what we do to Vampires around here dont you???

a man drives a wooden stake through a Vampire's Heart with a wooden mallet in order to finally kill the Undead Monster that has been terrorizing his village

stock-photo-a-man-drives-a-wooden-stake-through-a-vampire-s-heart-with-a-wooden-mallet-in-order-to-finally-kill-73581202.jpg

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-73581202/stock-photo-a-man-drives-a-wooden-stake-through-a-vampire-s-heart-with-a-wooden-mallet-in-order-to-finally-kill.html

I was very, VERY tempted to hack her website. I am sure it could be destroyed with a simple SQL inject. But I figured that would put me down at her level. She will get what she deserves. Karma is a you know what.

It's nice to know that there are still good people out there :)

Come on, Mike, think back a couple of years. The woman who "won" the American Watercolor Society's gold medal and $4,000 prize by photoshopping two Shutterstock pictures together and claiming it was "hyper-realistic painting". Thankfully, they took the medal and money back and she seems to have vanished from the internet since then.

Come on, Mike, think back a couple of years. The woman who "won" the American Watercolor Society's gold medal and $4,000 prize by photoshopping two Shutterstock pictures together and claiming it was "hyper-realistic painting". Thankfully, they took the medal and money back and she seems to have vanished from the internet since then.

Yes Now I remember

I had no idea about the outcome

thats so Cool!

thanks for the update paul

it is a great community isnt it

:)

I found one of my pics on her photoshelter page back in May 2010 (thanks tineye). I contacted PS first, and they contacted her...

They explained how it was all a misunderstanding and so on (and my picture was taken down). At the time there weren't a whole lot of other pics and I didn't recognize any of them as coming from here, but at least PS should have a record of this sort of action on her part. I can't understand how people expect to get away with this on the internet.

This is the reply I got from PhotoShelter today:

Hi Steven,

I'm so sorry to hear about this. If your images are indeed being presented without your permission, we typically recommend that you reach out to the photographer in question, Jane Waters, directly. Because PhotoShelter is an archival and e-commerce platform (host) for photographers, agencies, etc. the images displayed and marketed here are handled directly by our PhotoShelter members, and we cannot remove anything from the account without their permission.

I do however see that at this point, the images you provided links to have all been removed, and Jane has actually canceled her PhotoShelter account, so her website will be totally privatized in the next couple of weeks and you shouldn't have to worry about this happening again. Still, if you need to contact her directly, you can do so here:

http://janewaters.photoshelter.com/contact

I hope that is helpful! If you need anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Cheers,

Client Services Associate

PhotoShelter

(edited out senders name)

I also sent her an email today at janielaurel@gmail.com,

Explaining to her that it wasn't OK to just take down the images and think there would be no repercussions.

I told her we had documented the site before she removed all the images and wanted an accounting of all images sold. (I also asked PhotoShelter for the same info).

Not likely that anyone will give us that but I really want to scare the cr*p out of her.

Steven here the site was making money from her sales.

You agree to pay PhotoShelter a fee of 10% (30% for Starter Accounts) of all completed transactions that are initiated through the Site, which is applied to your monthly statement. In the event you choose to use one of our third party fulfillment partners, you will also be charged for the wholesale cost of printing and shipping, according to the fee schedule available at http://www.photoshelter.com/mem/sales/price-wholesale.

and here is the link to the terms and conditions and you can access the rest from this page.

http://www.photoshelter.com/support/terms