More Picture Thievery

Hello everybody,

I received an email from a very nice person today. In it he pointed out that some of my images were being sold with another persons © on them. I suggest that everyone with landscape images on this site check out this persons web site to see if she has stolen any of your image too. Here's the link:

http://janewaters.photoshelter.com/gallery-list

Mike Norton

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Send the link to Dale Chihuly too - I would suspect he wouldn't be to happy to see she's trying to profit by selling photos of his work.

Actually, I just did that. :-/ I went to the site to check it out and the "Chihuly Glass" gallery caught my eye right away. I'm not a lawyer, but I figured Chihuly Studio might want to see that...

I sent an email to Photoshelter too but not to her. I don't want to give her the chance to delete mine before Photoshelter sees them there. I want her to be caught red handed by them. Unfortunately Photoshelter was already closed for the weekend when I read the email.

Leave comments on her blog.
Tried to but the website is undergoing maintenance and she appears to be taking everything down right now as i type this i copied what was left of the screen cature hope that maybe somone else got the whole screen before she started maintenance!
Tried to but the website is undergoing maintenance and she appears to be taking everything down right now as i type this i copied what was left of the screen cature hope that maybe somone else got the whole screen before she started maintenance!

As of a moment ago, you could still go to her blog and leave a comment. Knowing what I now know, the July 2009 entry about how her photography website is finally up, and all the pompous crap about Her Work is pretty smarmy. Out her publicly!!!

As of a moment ago, you could still go to her blog and leave a comment. Knowing what I now know, the July 2009 entry about how her photography website is finally up, and all the pompous crap about Her Work is pretty smarmy. Out her publicly!!!

I posted on her blog and she has already removed it.

Mine are now gone too. In the email I sent to the web site I listed the URL addresses for each of my images. They might be able to find them in their records, that is if they care to look.

scukrov,

You did what you thought was best and she won't be selling any of our images there anymore. She knew which ones to take down, almost all of them. If the ones that are left are really hers then it's just sad. She is not without talent and skill and she knows what it takes to produce a quality image, she knew exactly what she was stealing from us. What's worse is she will probably resurface somewhere, under a different name, and scam us all over again.

I posted on her blog and she has already removed it.

Oh she must be very nervous right now. I kind of feel sorry for her.

Mine are now gone too. In the email I sent to the web site I listed the URL addresses for each of my images. They might be able to find them in their records, that is if they care to look.

scukrov,

You did what you thought was best and she won't be selling any of our images there anymore. She knew which ones to take down, almost all of them. If the ones that are left are really hers then it's just sad. She is not without talent and skill and she knows what it takes to produce a quality image, she knew exactly what she was stealing from us. What's worse is she will probably resurface somewhere, under a different name, and scam us all over again.

Mike,

Perhaps I shouldn't have acted so quickly, but I think she is just a sad, sad person. Photoshelter will probably still take action against her, but I don't think she is a real threat to do it again. She is probably scared shi*less right now. And you are right if what's left are her images she's not half bad.

scukrov,

Like I said you did what you thought was best and you got quick results. Do you think she was glued to her email expecting to get caught at any time? It's good that you also sent an email to Photoshelter, two complaints against the same person on the same day should get them looking into her, one complaint might have been overlooked as a crackpot.

I remember someone else doing something else like this

It turned out to be a man, posing as a "young girl selling vectors" that were stolen from ss (if my memory serves me correctly)

There are a lot of these scams out there

Im glad its being taken care of

very interesting

her blog now says....

janielaurel.wordpress.com is no longer available.

The authors have deleted this blog.

http://janielaurel.wordpress.com/

she (or who ever) changed this completely too!

http://janewaters.photoshelter.com/about/

http://www.facebook.com/jane.waters

You guys are Good!