Photo Request: : Acoustical tiles

I don't entirely understand it either, but it's the sound pads they put on walls in very large buildings to dampen the sound.

This is pretty much it. I used to work in a place that did audio/video recording. It helps cut down on echo, as well. It often has a pretty telling pyramid or ridge shape. A google image search turns up some examples. Shame I don't still work there, or I could get some pictures. :)

I don't entirely understand it either, but it's the sound pads they put on walls in very large buildings to dampen the sound.

I used to be a ceiling fixer before I retired,and what is being referred to here are minaural fiber tiles as you see in most office ceilings, they are usually textured - or the anechoic tiles used on ceilings and walls in recording studios to kill echo

• 2 weeks later...

not wanting to put a dampener on this (no acoustic pun intended!) you might need to be careful taking pictures of some of the Illsonic range of tiles as the designs are exclusive to them, and I think they are a US company so could be touchy on the use of their product image.

Then again they might be sensible, rational and relaxed about it, but we never know these days do we !!

The pyramid style tiles and the alternating pattern of horizontal and vertical squares as in the background of one of the examples are both their designs.

I've not bothered taking shots of these myself for the above concerns.

regards

John @ Soundsnaps

We have a customer who is looking for images of acoustical tiles like those found in concert halls, churches and office buildings.

She is looking to download ASAP.

Please let me know if you upload any of these.

Hi, I have these 2 images waiting for review right now, hope they are what is needed

#823047 and #823049