Property Release?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What exactly does this picture prove?

Nothing seeing there isnt much color.

So what was the point? As far as I can tell you only proved that you can produce an out of focus underexposed dull image in a short amount of time.

It's three exposures put together in a short amount of time.

When I convert to jpeg it looses all it quality. Its pointless to even post. Thats my point.

It's not oof I used a wireless shutter release on a tripod, and live view zoomed in with the camera sitting on the floor in my house out of the wind.

It's the conversion to Jpeg that kills it. I going to have to find a better way to convert them or upload them in tiff format.

OK.....I just spent 15 min looking at every shot you have ever posted in every thread. Every shot is OOF, badly exposed and poorly composed. You blamed the camera for awhile which was BS, then you went right back to doing the same thing.Your still posting OOF shots and blaming it on something other than you. My question with all due respect and spending way to much time with you, Taking away from others that listen is....... Why? why are you doing this?

I don't care if your the greatest PS guru that ever lived and I know quite a few of them Nor, do I care if you used a 50LB tripod and did everything you can do, Nor do I care if you took a 1000 Images and stacked them together doing your silly HDR stuff of which you have no clue how to do.

This will be my last post to you BUT, I want you to do what I asked a month ago. set your camera to Jpeg Fine on auto anything if you want, and simply go take a picture , Of anything and get it in focus. I've said this before also, You can be a self proclaimed expert at whatever you want, You can spend $35,000 on a camera or $35.00 on a camera But if you don't have an eye for composition or be able to focus You might as well, as you say. "Take up Knitting"

There is really no point in any of your posts, You don't listen or respond to what we say, You just continue on your merry way doing the same thing Over and over. Do the Jpeg Thing for me on lowest iso, fastest shutter speed, tripod or not and show us a straight out of the camera shot Forget Bit depth and all the other malarkey for one shot. Forget the excuses. Lets get it on. If ya do it, I'll continue with you, If not, Im gone and I'll bet the others will be also.Do it now.Your 15 min is about up My friend.

NO!-each strand of animal fur should stand out-and it's full of noise,and you have used pop-up/on camera flash,(look at dog's eye)-Dog is too central for composition,and like the others,I have given up wasting my time on someone who doesn't want to learn.

Im ready to learn. Create a 32 bit HDR then post a jpeg for us.

It's not sharp and 8 bit JPEG has nothing to do with it. Here's your problem.

You shot this at 1/60 sec, f5.6, ISO400 and at 55mm on a 18-55mm zoom lens.

1. ISO should be 100, not 400.

2. F5.6 is wide open on this lens. You need to stop down to around f8-11.

3. Shooting at either end of a zoom lens will usually result in some image degradation. I don't know where the "sweet" spot on this lens may be, but suspect it's somewhere in the 25-45mm range.

4. If this was on a tripod, shutter speed is fine (assuming a remote release). If handheld, it should be at least 1/100. I know you used on-board flash, but I suspect there was sufficient ambient light to sneak in as well.

Here's something to consider. Every image on everyone's portfolio on SS is an 8 bit JPEG. No exceptions. Even if they were taken, processed and submitted as 16 bit TIFF files, SS converts to and sells everything as 8 bit JPEGs. For the most part, these images are sharp and noise free. The composition and subject matter may be subjective, but on these two technical issues there is no question. I shoot everything in RAW, process as 16 bit TIFF, convert to 8 bit JPEG and submit. Never had a focus or noise rejection over the past 4 years. Other problems yes, but not these.

NO!-each strand of animal fur should stand out-and it's full of noise,and you have used pop-up/on camera flash,(look at dog's eye)-Dog is too central for composition,and like the others,I have given up wasting my time on someone who doesn't want to learn.

Im ready to learn. Create a 32 bit HDR then post a jpeg for us.

You have already proven that you are incapable of learning-HDR doesn't mean anything-all you need basically are Good clean and simple Jpeg images to succeed here.

These are not 16bit tiff. They are 32 bit files. I tried to post a bmp of a 32 bit it wouldnt let me. If SS excepts bmp I can submit a clean image and they can convert it how ever they want.

Obviously I cant convert it to jpg cleanly. That doesnt make me incapable. I'll make you bite your tounge when I figure it out.

I never said I was better than anyone! Some others have..

I doubt this one will look any better to you..

post-244852-14368336749933_thumb.jpg

No, it doesn't-it is badly lit,underexposed,and out of focus, which can even be seen at this size-why mess about with 32 bit when an 8 bit jpeg can give a clean and clear image?

I think the best advice I have seen for you, is for you to take up knitting-or maybe paint by numbers-who knows? you may be good at those.