Property Release?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

Are you laughing at yourself? I hope you are.

You post photo after photo after photo with the same problems over and over and over again. You accompany each of those posts with one liners (or one worders) that give absolutely no indication whether any of the feedback given has been received. Then, when somebody tries to give you advice or offer critique, you brush it off or argue back (to show that the given feedback is, indeed, not received). And then you LOL.

If your purpose is to learn something about photography, you need an attitude adjustment.

If your goal is to annoy well-meaning people, you've succeeded. Congrats. Now what?

If your purpose is to learn something about photography, you need an attitude adjustment.

If your goal is to annoy well-meaning people, you've succeeded. Congrats. Now what?

I agree that you are pissing people off just a bit.

I would also suggest you do NOT post photos that you say have not been noise reduced or are unedited.

We can only give an opinion on what we see... and if we see noise... noise means automatic rejection by SS!

And as for the boat photo... please listen...

Why take a photo like that and submit it to stock with a high iso. Impossible. You cannot change that. I certainly would not go out and try and take swaying boats for stock! Complete waste of my time, both taking the photo (unless it's for the boat owner or a personal project), and the editing time involved to try and make it half right in the hope I get a reviewer that was half asleep.

Brackiting and creating a new image works for me, so I dont need a perfect shot. I just need several;)

This is sooo not a good attitude to have. It means you have nothing to strive for and you don't really care what kind of shot you produce.

Much better. But is it in focus? I like the color. About your question about swaying boats..... sometimes you just can't take the shot, It's as simple as that and if theres something ugly in the shot you either have to previsualize taking something out or replacing the sky or get a better angle. #1 consideration is the subject and if thats not there and exposed correctly your sunk. you can replace a sky easily IF..... there are no trees, no hair and only solid lines. The other ways are much to difficult to even attempt. What I see you doing [i think] Is you see something that catches your eye and thats good but your not skilled enough Yet to capture it the way you see it. Thats normal but it's gonna take some time and many,many frames to understand it and a class somewhere. The great thing about a community class/camera club [and there everywhere] usually for free is sharing with others to compare and analyze your Images and find tricks. Please Listen to me on this.

If you wanna get in to this or any other stock site You CANNOT shoot at 3200 ISO. Never,Ever, For your own stuff and for your wall shoot anyway you want but for stock you cannot, at least not now because you don't understand exposure enough to pull it off.

If stock work is about one thing, It's about clean and clear with Poppy color with a clear simple message as to a time or Place or a concept all done and seen in a small thumbnail presentation.Your eye must be trained to SEE a good commercial Subject and that is a learned process. Combine that with technique, Understanding exposure,Shutter spd and aperture and how they work together. Bottom Line is you don't have to be Ansel Adams But without the basics down Pat. You will continue to be OOF.underexposed with poor composition. We can helo you get in But sadly we cannot teach you basic Photography. That part is on you and again I strongley suggest a class.A club or something if you want this. Just asking a question Like how can I shoot moving things at 8 sec is off the chart. The answer is...You Can't, No one can and upping the ISO to 25,000 will not get it done, Your Image will fall apart. We're here for ya But ya gotta do the work My friend, we all did.

"Every image you upload blows away what everyone else has already done? " Thats the goal. But shooting a lighthouse isin't very High on the list. Also remember getting in Is One Hurdle, The biggest hurdle after that is coming up with 10/20 every week, EVERY week and if you feel you can't do that your going to be very, very dissapointed when you sell nothing. Just having a Place to park your Images is what flicker is about Not a commercial stock Site.The competition is fierce and this takes skill and a very strong work ethic. Look for the light, Learn to capture it and you'll be just fine and very happy.And Please try to forget the "I'll fix it later Mentality" good luck. Be back tonight. What else ya got.?

This is the best advice I have seen in a long time.

You should listen to that.

You have to realize that here you are not taking photos just for fun or for your collection.

This is business.

Adapt or die.

Your ego is cemented (and I know what cement is) and you cant look beyond yourself and have problems with adapting to doing business.

Dont ever post a photo you know is full of noise.

Learn every trick so you can produce sellable photos in less than a minute.

if you are only looking for attention, thats fine. But please then post some ½ naked women.

If you really want to be here, by now, you should know what to do.

Else you can read this thread once again. Eventually you could stand upside down when you read it.

And dont begin to whine.

Forget all the fancy HDR and Noise Ninja for now and KISS Here is a shot i took and it's straight out of the camera with nothing done to it i will also include the crop so you can see it and the focus on it.

Shoot straight out of the camera and get it right that way first then play with all of the other things later.

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-45685048/stock-photo-a-sunset-silhouetted-bridge-and-river-bank-at-sunset.html

stock-photo-a-sunset-silhouetted-bridge-and-river-bank-at-sunset-45685048.jpg

LOL exactly!

Now you know what people are going through when they look at your shots!

Not one of em is close to that one above.

I don't have a clue of PS yet, and I wouldn't even have one single image online if I would shoot like you, most of my images are just a lil saturated and spots removed that's it 90% not cropped at all...

And I'm a noob too... You can learn a lot here if you listen!

Listen to the pros and learn how to use your cam!

Forget all the fancy HDR and Noise Ninja for now and KISS Here is a shot i took and it's straight out of the camera with nothing done to it i will also include the crop so you can see it and the focus on it.

Shoot straight out of the camera and get it right that way first then play with all of the other things later.

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-45685048/stock-photo-a-sunset-silhouetted-bridge-and-river-bank-at-sunset.html

stock-photo-a-sunset-silhouetted-bridge-and-river-bank-at-sunset-45685048.jpg

LOL exactly!

Now you know what people are going through when they look at your shots!

Not one of em is close to that one above.

I don't have a clue of PS yet, and I wouldn't even have one single image online if I would shoot like you, most of my images are just a lil saturated and spots removed that's it 90% not cropped at all...

And I'm a noob too... You can learn a lot here if you listen!

Listen to the pros and learn how to use your cam!

You are comparing an overexposed sunset photo to a raw HDR image of course you are going to see less grain.

If you dont know PS then I wont waste my breath explaining it.

HDR images use a higher number of bits per color channel than traditional images to represent more colors over a much wider dynamic range.

I know they have noise, thats pretty much a given when you have a raw HDR.

When I finish them I will post the noise level for you and it will be less or equal to that image as far as noise level.

The colors will be no comparison.

The noise has nothing to do with exposure. I have 100 images of over exposed sunsets with no noise in them. Not what im shooting for but thanks for the info.

Listen "Puppyluv", if you know everything so well, why the heck are you here? If you're so afraid that people waste your breath, why don't you try to find something useful to do. Stop worrying about wasting your breath, because nobody here is trying to waste your breath (on the contrary), and stop wasting everybody else's breath. Some of your basic assumptions are just plain wrong. Maybe photography is not for you and you might be happier taking up knitting or something.

It is good you "luv" puppies, because you have no idea how to deal with people that try to help you for crying out loud. You also need to work on your manners. Language barrier or not, you are just rude.

First it was kind of entertaining, but not anymore. Keep it up and you will be completely on your own pretty soon.

If you dont know PS then I wont waste my breath explaining it.

Now that is uncalled for.

You don't need to have photoshop or indeed you don't even have to know how to use it to get photos accepted on SS or any stock agency.

You do need to know the basics of photography and be able to edit photos in a software programme if they need it. You can even do that with some open source software that's free.

May I remind you, you have no photos in your port, so this kind of comment is just plain rude and definitely shows a lack of understanding as to what is needed to get accepted here.

I already sold several on other sights. Including the dragonfly I was told would "never fly" as stock. I started this thread to ask about copy writes not argue over exposure and noise. I told you I'm bracketing and combining. That should be enough for you to know that some of them are going to be underexposed and have noise.

If you're a photographer and don't know ps and hdr then maybe you should take up knitting!

You will see some these images on ss next week when I'm done. So keep telling me what I don't know.

I already sold several on other sights. Including the dragonfly I was told would "never fly" as stock. I started this thread to ask about copy writes not argue over exposure and noise. I told you I'm bracketing and combining. That should be enough for you to know that some of them are going to be underexposed and have noise.

If you're a photographer and don't know ps and hdr then maybe you should take up knitting!

You will see some these images on ss next week when I'm done. So keep telling me what I don't know.

You know what, good luck in your determined quest to achieve passable mediocrity. I hope along the way you acquire some social skills, though...

You know what, good luck in your determined quest to achieve passable mediocrity. I hope along the way you acquire some social skills, though...

I had a somewhat long, direct, and to the point answer in mind, but you're right, its not worth it.

It's on days like this, in threads like this that I totally see why the long standing Pros become frustrated, peeved, disillusioned, suicidal!!!! Offering free advice day after day after day only to have it completely ignored because a few people's egos are just toooo big to take it. Ah well, live and learn eh ;)

There are people here with "PS" skills that are beyond your comprehesion so forget all of that

because there are people that can blow away anything you can do in "PS".
There are people here with "PS" skills that are beyond your comprehesion so forget all of that

Yes, and there are people that can blow away anything you can do also.

Yes they can but i am a Member and you are still trying to get in so i would work on getting in and stop putting others down because what you are showing will be rejected upon inspection by the reviewers from what i see here.

So lets see a real good one of yours (the dragonfly) and the crop that goes with it to see if it can pass the test can you do that shouldnt be to hard.

Yes they can but i am a Member and you are still trying to get in so i would work on getting in and stop putting others down because what you are showing will be rejected upon inspection by the reviewers from what i see here.

So lets see a real good one of yours (the dragonfly) and the crop that goes with it to see if it can pass the test can you do that shouldnt be to hard.

I didn't get in? I haven't submitted anything yet...

I already know why they look like crap in jpeg. It has nothing to do with the camera. I will compile a hdr right now of a picture taken out the back door just to show you what they look like finished.

like.