Property Release?

well, It's not good for many reasons first one and most important is you cut off the top of the Image because you weren't paying attention.WB could be better and more commercial value would help. Have you searched for lighthouses?? you should. this wont do.

No, I cut the tip off because if I went any higher with my frame their is big ugle power lines hanging down. The same ones you see in other photos.

Yup, I searched for lighthouses and noone posted this one yet.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, It's not good for many reasons first one and most important is you cut off the top of the Image because you weren't paying attention.WB could be better and more commercial value would help. Have you searched for lighthouses?? you should. this wont do.

No, I cut the tip off because if I went any higher with my frame their is big ugle power lines hanging down. The same ones you see in other photos.

Yup, I searched for lighthouses and noone posted this one yet.

He didn't ask if you'd searched lighthouses to see if anyone had posted the same lighthouse you're shooting. He asked to see if you had seen the quality of the shots of lighthouses that are available to the buyers, such as the one he posted... Sorry, but no one will buy your picture when the other, better, lighthouse pictures are available.

You can't cut bits off of photos just because there's something ugly in them, the buyer won't sympathise with that. They want perfect images.

Much better. But is it in focus? I like the color. About your question about swaying boats..... sometimes you just can't take the shot, It's as simple as that and if theres something ugly in the shot you either have to previsualize taking something out or replacing the sky or get a better angle. #1 consideration is the subject and if thats not there and exposed correctly your sunk. you can replace a sky easily IF..... there are no trees, no hair and only solid lines. The other ways are much to difficult to even attempt. What I see you doing [i think] Is you see something that catches your eye and thats good but your not skilled enough Yet to capture it the way you see it. Thats normal but it's gonna take some time and many,many frames to understand it and a class somewhere. The great thing about a community class/camera club [and there everywhere] usually for free is sharing with others to compare and analyze your Images and find tricks. Please Listen to me on this.

If you wanna get in to this or any other stock site You CANNOT shoot at 3200 ISO. Never,Ever, For your own stuff and for your wall shoot anyway you want but for stock you cannot, at least not now because you don't understand exposure enough to pull it off.

If stock work is about one thing, It's about clean and clear with Poppy color with a clear simple message as to a time or Place or a concept all done and seen in a small thumbnail presentation.Your eye must be trained to SEE a good commercial Subject and that is a learned process. Combine that with technique, Understanding exposure,Shutter spd and aperture and how they work together. Bottom Line is you don't have to be Ansel Adams But without the basics down Pat. You will continue to be OOF.underexposed with poor composition. We can helo you get in But sadly we cannot teach you basic Photography. That part is on you and again I strongley suggest a class.A club or something if you want this. Just asking a question Like how can I shoot moving things at 8 sec is off the chart. The answer is...You Can't, No one can and upping the ISO to 25,000 will not get it done, Your Image will fall apart. We're here for ya But ya gotta do the work My friend, we all did.

"Every image you upload blows away what everyone else has already done? " Thats the goal. But shooting a lighthouse isin't very High on the list. Also remember getting in Is One Hurdle, The biggest hurdle after that is coming up with 10/20 every week, EVERY week and if you feel you can't do that your going to be very, very dissapointed when you sell nothing. Just having a Place to park your Images is what flicker is about Not a commercial stock Site.The competition is fierce and this takes skill and a very strong work ethic. Look for the light, Learn to capture it and you'll be just fine and very happy.And Please try to forget the "I'll fix it later Mentality" good luck. Be back tonight. What else ya got.?

I also have this angle.

It's not that I don't know how. I know how to change the sky with hair using cs5.

I just don't know what look to go for yet. That comes from knowing what's going to sell for me and what won't.

I would rather have the real image be perfect but 90%

of the photos on SS are doctored with PS or LR or some other software. Throw your computer in the trash and see how competitive you are.

Oviously it's a lot to learn.

Brackiting and creating a new image works for me, so I dont need a perfect shot. I just need several;)

"Throw your computer in the trash and see how competitive you are."

wise words.But let me say this to you, I know people that can put wings on Monkeys and get it accepted. You my friend still have no clue about your camera and how to capture what you see. That and only that is your goal. And BTW if you have a tutorial on replacing a sky around a model with fly away hair or with a tree with leaves Pleases share that with us and do a screen save and put it on youtube your steps to do so or sell them and make a lot of money. CS5 is pretty cool , I have it also But it's still not there with this. and I mean at 100% for stock. Just for a simple 8 x 10 Cool. Your problem from the beginning starting at your first post until now is....Exposure and most Important Composition and composition is the most difficult to explain by Posting in a forum. Composition is second nature to 99% of photographers , Painters and so forth. PS skills are learned. The last shot you posted there is a building cut off and a roof line in the frame. Thats what Im talking about and it has nothing to do with PS skills. It's about you, Stopping what your doing, slowing down and actually looking through the viewfinder at what being shot. Your taking snapshots. You really need to start Making Phorographs instead of just taking Pictures. My 83 year old mother in law can do that with zero skills. The sooner you realize this and accept it the better off you will be. I all begins with you. Not photoshop or anything else. Big fashion shoot tomorrow. Gotta go to sleep. Get out there and shoot and remember the best words i have for ya. Getting accepted is easy. It whats you do after that is whats important and Im worried about that.

Much better. But is it in focus? I like the color. About your question about swaying boats..... sometimes you just can't take the shot, It's as simple as that and if theres something ugly in the shot you either have to previsualize taking something out or replacing the sky or get a better angle. #1 consideration is the subject and if thats not there and exposed correctly your sunk. you can replace a sky easily IF..... there are no trees, no hair and only solid lines. The other ways are much to difficult to even attempt. What I see you doing [i think] Is you see something that catches your eye and thats good but your not skilled enough Yet to capture it the way you see it. Thats normal but it's gonna take some time and many,many frames to understand it and a class somewhere. The great thing about a community class/camera club [and there everywhere] usually for free is sharing with others to compare and analyze your Images and find tricks. Please Listen to me on this.

If you wanna get in to this or any other stock site You CANNOT shoot at 3200 ISO. Never,Ever, For your own stuff and for your wall shoot anyway you want but for stock you cannot, at least not now because you don't understand exposure enough to pull it off.

If stock work is about one thing, It's about clean and clear with Poppy color with a clear simple message as to a time or Place or a concept all done and seen in a small thumbnail presentation.Your eye must be trained to SEE a good commercial Subject and that is a learned process. Combine that with technique, Understanding exposure,Shutter spd and aperture and how they work together. Bottom Line is you don't have to be Ansel Adams But without the basics down Pat. You will continue to be OOF.underexposed with poor composition. We can helo you get in But sadly we cannot teach you basic Photography. That part is on you and again I strongley suggest a class.A club or something if you want this. Just asking a question Like how can I shoot moving things at 8 sec is off the chart. The answer is...You Can't, No one can and upping the ISO to 25,000 will not get it done, Your Image will fall apart. We're here for ya But ya gotta do the work My friend, we all did.

"Every image you upload blows away what everyone else has already done? " Thats the goal. But shooting a lighthouse isin't very High on the list. Also remember getting in Is One Hurdle, The biggest hurdle after that is coming up with 10/20 every week, EVERY week and if you feel you can't do that your going to be very, very dissapointed when you sell nothing. Just having a Place to park your Images is what flicker is about Not a commercial stock Site.The competition is fierce and this takes skill and a very strong work ethic. Look for the light, Learn to capture it and you'll be just fine and very happy.And Please try to forget the "I'll fix it later Mentality" good luck. Be back tonight. What else ya got.?

I dont know are they OOF? I still havent removed the noise from this one. But it's 100 times less noise than the other lens.

post-244852-14368336697195_thumb.jpg

I dont know are they OOF? I still havent removed the noise from this one. But it's 100 times less noise than the other lens.

This crop shows a photo that is absolutely unacceptable for stock from a noise and focus perspective. Can you see that yourself?

Iy will never be accepted.OOF and very Noisy.Lacking Composition.What else ya got? If you have noise in One Image and you stack 2/3 on top you have 3 times the noise. unacceptable.I look at this business this way....If I spend more than a few Minutes on an Image for stock Im going backwards and losing Money. Im not here to lose money.And if you can't tell this is a mess Focus wise, then there are issues beyond what we can help you with.Im sorry.The noise is causing Most of your focus problems. The image is just distorted from lack of detail and Over processing. Gotta go.

Forget all the fancy HDR and Noise Ninja for now and KISS Here is a shot i took and it's straight out of the camera with nothing done to it i will also include the crop so you can see it and the focus on it.

Shoot straight out of the camera and get it right that way first then play with all of the other things later.

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-45685048/stock-photo-a-sunset-silhouetted-bridge-and-river-bank-at-sunset.html

stock-photo-a-sunset-silhouetted-bridge-and-river-bank-at-sunset-45685048.jpg

post-159671-14368336700619_thumb.jpg