Your latest downloaded illustration

Nah, I wasn't that serious about it anyways. I've seen that site before and tried it once or twice myself. *grin* It didn't work for me somehow, but it's quite useful, if you're starting with a completely new style. Just to get an idea on how it works.

Actually, I like it. :)

Colours (and gradients) are the most difficult things with designing anyways - sometimes you need some input. Me, too.

Oh I knew you weren't serious. That's one of the major problems I have is coming up with nice color combinations. I saved a couple of swatches last year and only used that one. I finally got around to saving my own swatch library with the gradients that I've used in my illustrations because sometimes I want to use them again :)

Hey Evaners I ended up with 10 as well. Man I wish I could get that number every day.

• Replies 24.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• toots7777

• BIELOUS NATALIIA

• Barry Barnes

• apotterdd

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic.mhtml?id=54808174 http://www.shutterstock.com/pic.mhtml?id=208922476

Posted Images

Well done evaners and Anita with your 10 downloads yesterday. Me, well I got stuck on 7 - my buyers let me down badly. Never mind, it was a bit of fun eh!!

Hey evaners, I reckon you must be about 6 hours behind me according to one of your posts. And where are you from Anita? I think you must be several hours behind me too.

Woke up to 1 download this morning - Fridays and the weekends are always slow for me:

stock-vector-web-buttons-in-shiny-assorted-colors-scalable-isolated-on-white-raster-also-available-53802538.jpg

Working on some more button sets seeing as they sold quite well this week. Hoping it will be the same next week too. Don't always span out that way though.

Nah, I wasn't that serious about it anyways. I've seen that site before and tried it once or twice myself. *grin* It didn't work for me somehow, but it's quite useful, if you're starting with a completely new style. Just to get an idea on how it works.

Actually, I like it. :)

Colours (and gradients) are the most difficult things with designing anyways - sometimes you need some input. Me, too.

I've never had a problem with colors, even from a youngster I seemed to have a natural flair with color combinations. I've been told I should have taken up interior designing but I just couldn't get my head around material textures so I gave that a miss.

Having said that, I am often asked if I can redesign someone's house because of my color co-ordination skills, and I've been paid for doing it.

Builders also request my services in this area when they are refurbishing bathrooms and kitchens etc. I think word must have got round that I can do this, even though I'm not qualified.

Here's my latest DL:

stock-photo-an-illustration-depicting-gardening-tools-retro-style-sketch-also-available-in-vector-format-in-53068147.jpg

As it's a holiday weekend here I might even do a spot of gardening myself! Or more illustrations, if we get traditional Bank Holiday weather :)

Hehe rixie, I've been out gardening myself this morning. Just weeding, them little blighters are always popping their heads up out of the soil, I hate weeding, tis a flippin nuisance, they get everywhere.

It's a bank holiday here on Monday too. I wonder if it is everywhere.

@Toots - Yes, 6 hours sounds right. Those buttons are doing well for you, I see! I tried a few when I first started but the never did much for me. Probably the colors ;-)

@Anita - I've woke up this morning to 0 DLs so far. I have a feeling that I've already missed out on any European sales, and the US buyers have started the holiday weekend early. Probably won't have any decent sales till next week!

@all - just call me Evan (my clever screen name is my name and my initials. Took me hours to come up with it.)

Hey, where is everyone today?

This one doesn't sell much, and for some reason it's always more satisfying when you get a sale on an unpopular image. Maybe because it reaffirms for you that you didn't do a bad drawing after all.

Several vector illustrations of Chinese patterns and lattice work.

stock-vector-several-vector-illustrations-of-chinese-patterns-and-lattice-work-24948220.jpg

I've had 3 today so far 2 of the flags I posted last night and the sports balls set. I don't know why I keep forgetting about the holiday on Monday. I've already had a 0 dl day this past Sunday and I'm sure I'll have another 1 or 2 before the end of the month coz of the holiday.

@toots I'm out here in Colorado mountain time zone.

@Evan see I like that illustration and the colors and it's far more intricate than I could ever do or have the patience for.

@Rixie Ah gardening I did all of that yesterday weeding iris bed, planting another flower bed and got our vegetable garden planted. I'm also paying for it today still sleepy and quite sore.

I'm gonna give myself the weekend off and start back on illustrating Tuesday.

I just had one of my very first vectors downloaded!

stock-vector-christmas-tree-and-star-20737525.jpg

Always nice when one of the early ones gets a sale, even if it was a rather naive early attempt.

This weekend I have to put some effort into a new illustration - I have some images in the queue, (rasters of already accepted vectors), that should be accepted and will give me 999 images in my port........!

1000 needs to be something a bit special I think - the garden will have to wait! :)

Happy holiday weekend everyone!

I'm up to 6 today, overall it's been a pretty good week. That latest DLs are two of my favorites:

Vector illustration of the side of a barn with a faded vegetable illustration, and a sunrise over some fields. Multi-layered for easy editing.

stock-vector-vector-illustration-of-the-side-of-a-barn-with-a-faded-vegetable-illustration-and-a-sunrise-over-28254892.jpg

A series of graphic elements based on geometric patterns.

stock-vector-a-series-of-graphic-elements-based-on-geometric-patterns-24377083.jpg

I just had one of my very first vectors downloaded!

stock-vector-christmas-tree-and-star-20737525.jpg

Always nice when one of the early ones gets a sale, even if it was a rather naive early attempt.

This weekend I have to put some effort into a new illustration - I have some images in the queue, (rasters of already accepted vectors), that should be accepted and will give me 999 images in my port........!

1000 needs to be something a bit special I think - the garden will have to wait! :)

Happy holiday weekend everyone!

hmmmm, Christmas stuff selling already, I should get to work on something!

Congrats on reaching 1000 images! (or 999 :) I am so far away from that total it's not even funny. My port has the awesome total of 152 files -- and at least a 1/4-1/3 of those are jpeg duplicates. I need to some how, some way, carve out more time for illustrating. There just isn't enough hours in the day.

hmmmm, Christmas stuff selling already, I should get to work on something!

Congrats on reaching 1000 images! (or 999 :) I am so far away from that total it's not even funny. My port has the awesome total of 152 files -- and at least a 1/4-1/3 of those are jpeg duplicates. I need to some how, some way, carve out more time for illustrating. There just isn't enough hours in the day.

I'm going to face that this upcoming school year. Twof of my 3 kids will be in school. The youngest will be in kindergarten and I'll have to go and pick him up in the afternoon. There goes my napping schedule as well as my illustration schedule. Then there's doing paperwork for the shop my boyfriend is working on buying the owner out of so yeah gonna be busy this fall.

Hopefully not the last one of the day, but I'm knocking off for the weekend. Enjoy your various holidays everyone!

Photo-realistic vector illustration of the Ace of Spades (known as the Death Card), with a smoking bullet hole and blood.

stock-vector-photo-realistic-vector-illustration-of-the-ace-of-spades-known-as-the-death-card-with-a-smoking-29338717.jpg

Here's my latest DL:

stock-vector-a-vector-illustration-of-tree-standard-trees-sketch-style-52865444.jpg

Still working on getting the 1000th image up. Of the 5 rasters I had in the queue, and thought would take me to 999, 4 were rejected :(

Reason given was:'Please do not advertise your gallery or portfolio in your description'. Does anyone know if the rules have changed somewhere? I usually state that 'a vector version is also available in my portfolio' but this is now getting me rejections.......?

rixie, I normally add "vector version available" on mine after they've been accepted, not before.

Been very slow over the holiday weekend, only a few downloads, here's my latest:

stock-vector-cartoon-boy-playing-in-a-red-toy-pedal-car-28685497.jpg

rixie, I normally add "vector version available" on mine after they've been accepted, not before.

Been very slow over the holiday weekend, only a few downloads, here's my latest:

stock-vector-cartoon-boy-playing-in-a-red-toy-pedal-car-28685497.jpg

I'll do that in future bit I was surprised, as I've never had this rejection before, and I only put the message on the .jpgs of already accepted vectors.

Quite quiet all round, I think, but was happy to get an OD for this one this morning :)

stock-vector-vector-illustration-of-potted-chives-isolated-on-white-background-also-available-as-jpg-24617032.jpg